[1.4.x] Contract Pack: RemoteTech [v2.1.4] [2017-08-27]

nightingale

I think that the "Create Kerbin communication network." contract (and other point dish contracts) doesn't check for unlocked dish type antenna. Which is annoying using ADIOS because dish antennae aren't unlocked until the early-mid game transition but the contract is available almost immediately.

Well, the check is currently looking for *any* antenna and power source. Looking at ADIOS, there's an antenna unlocked in the first node (the DP-10). I'll come up with something to improve that check to having at least the range necessary for a 4-sat network (which in unmodified RT is actually the Communotron-16, no dishes necessary). Raised [#10] on GitHub to track.

Hey guys, I'm not getting the remote tech contracts, is where a minimum progression necessary to spawn them?

For the initial contract it's tech based - you need one antenna unlocked, and one power source. In the stock tech tree if you go down about 4 nodes deep or so down the bottom branches you should have enough.

Am I right in thinking I shouldn't be seeing this mission if I haven't done the kerbin network mission yet?

http://imgur.com/aJPQbuL.jpg

I completed that mission at the same time as the Kerbin network one. 3 dishes on the satellites: 1 Active Vessel; 1 Mun; 1 Minmus.

They used to be one mission, but were split into two. It's definitely possible to meet both at once (which is why the rewards for the second one are pretty slim). It's for people who want to set up a Kerbin network that doesn't point to the Mun/Minmus - such as those playing mods with longer progression to get to the Mun.

As "promised" in the CC thread, here my bug report:

Using CC 0.7.4/CP RemoteTech 1.1.0, the "RemoteTech: Create a Kerbin communication network." was counted as successful too early for me. I got back a few saves and noticed that shake-out testing actually started before the third satellite was even launched.

Digging into the savegame I noticed this one:

SCENARIO
{
name = ContractVesselTracker
scene = 7, 8, 5
VESSEL
{
key = CommSat I
id = 774ba70e-19de-41ed-8c21-eebe6089948d
}
VESSEL
{
key = CommSat II
id = 40b3359f-714f-4f88-8e86-50238e641927
}
VESSEL
{
key = CommSat III
}
VESSEL
{
key = CommSat IV
}
}

Please notice that the vessels for CommSat I/III and CommSat II/IV are the same. So, I think it takes my KommSat 1 for CommSat I and III and my KommSat 2 for CommSat II and IV. And indeed, if I'm not mistaken each does fulfill the conditions of two roles and nowhere does it say that the vessels may not be the same for those roles; though for some reason I thought they should be ;)

You'll find the complete savegame in https://gist.github.com/lwho/7bd5d0871cf6ed0e11a3

As "promised" in the CC thread, here my bug report:

Using CC 0.7.4/CP RemoteTech 1.1.0, the "RemoteTech: Create a Kerbin communication network." was counted as successful too early for me. I got back a few saves and noticed that shake-out testing actually started before the third satellite was even launched.

Digging into the savegame I noticed this one:

SCENARIO
{
name = ContractVesselTracker
scene = 7, 8, 5
VESSEL
{
key = CommSat I
}
VESSEL
{
key = CommSat II
}
VESSEL
{
key = CommSat III
}
VESSEL
{
key = CommSat IV
}
}

Please notice that the vessels for CommSat I/III and CommSat II/IV are the same. So, I think it takes my KommSat 1 for CommSat I and III and my KommSat 2 for CommSat II and IV. And indeed, if I'm not mistaken each does fulfill the conditions of two roles and nowhere does it say that the vessels may not be the same for those roles; though for some reason I thought they should be ;)

You'll find the complete savegame in https://gist.github.com/lwho/7bd5d0871cf6ed0e11a3

Whoops, that's a silly mistake, good catch. Raised [#11] on GitHub.

This contract pack has been too long without an update! Download it now!

Upgrade notes:

• The minimum version of Contract Configurator for this contract pack is now 0.7.3. Bad things happen if you use an older version.
  • If you were previously using a module manager hack to get the values right for RSS, please remove it. RSS is now natively supported (in any RSS size).

ContractPack-RemoteTech 1.1.0

• Major rebalance of contract rewards. No science from contracts, reputation is greatly reduced. Minor changes to funds.
  • Now supports the option of a four satellite starting network (thanks TCFirebird).
  • Now supports RSS! Orbits in the Kerbin statellite contract will automatically adjust based on Kerbin's size.
  • Put everything in a contract group and adjusted relative weights of contracts for selection.
  • Adjustments to dish requirements (thanks silentdeth).
  • Reduce requirements for InnerSat and OuterSat contracts coming up.
  • Split the coverage of Mun/Minmus from the initial Kerbin relay contract.
  • Slight increase to the testing time for Mun/Minmus contracts.
  • Change convention for contract titles.

I tried to build the four satellite starting network. I have 4 satellites with one Communotron 16 each, all launched with one rocket, in a ~777km orbit, with an orbital period of 1h 30m 00.00s (+/- 0.01s), inclination <= 0.001, eccentricity <= 0.001. This is how it looks:

Ie6uBdf.png

Close enough, I'd say?

However, the contract isn't marked as complete, even though I *think* I have all the requirements.

XdYPUg2.png

What's the obvious thing that I am missing here?

EDIT: never mind, I went trough all four satellites and found one with an inclination of 0.044. I circularized that at the precise altitude of 776.57km and now the shake-out timer is counting.

Edited by Amedee

I'm having a bit of a problem with the "Create a Kerbin communication network" contract.

I think that the problem I'm having is that "Direct connection to:" means have a dish pointed at the target.

I can't test that right now because the dishes are currently fulfilling the "point at mun/minmus" contract and I don't want to lose the test time on that contract.

I'm having a bit of a problem with the "Create a Kerbin communication network" contract.

I think that the problem I'm having is that "Direct connection to:" means have a dish pointed at the target.

I can't test that right now because the dishes are currently fulfilling the "point at mun/minmus" contract and I don't want to lose the test time on that contract.

Two ways of meeting the "Direct connection to: <other commsat>":

1. Have each commsat pointing a dish at each other (and make sure the dish is powered).
  2. Be within omni range (the range being the smaller of the range of the biggest omni on each commsat). For a four CommSat network, this can be achieved with the Communotron 16. For a three sat network you'll need Communotron 32s or dishes.

With the latest revisions allowing the four CommSat networks, you should be able to meet the contract if you follow the RemoteTech tutorial.

Not what I wanted to hear but helpful anyway.

All 4 sats are in a 425km orbit eccentricity<0.003

Each sat has an omni connection with the one leading and trailing it

All 4 have 2 dishes (pointed at Mun and Minmus)

Yet the contract only shows requirements #1 & 2 as fulfilled, although the specific sats filling those requirements change on switching active vessels or entering the tracking center.

edit:

Being able to assign a ship as "will fill this requirement" would be amazing, but I don't even want to think about how insane the coding for that would be if it is even possible.

Edited by Invader Myk

Not what I wanted to hear but helpful anyway.

All 4 sats are in a 425km orbit eccentricity<0.003

Each sat has an omni connection with the one leading and trailing it

All 4 have 2 dishes (pointed at Mun and Minmus)

Yet the contract only shows requirements #1 & 2 as fulfilled, although the specific sats filling those requirements change on switching active vessels or entering the tracking center.

edit:

Being able to assign a ship as "will fill this requirement" would be amazing, but I don't even want to think about how insane the coding for that would be if it is even possible.

Hmmm.... not sure what the problem might be. Could you provide a screenshot showing both the linkup of the sats as well as the contract app for one of the sats that is meant to be commsat II, III, or IV?

Oh and on that last one... I get how that might be nice in some cases.... but it does indeed sound like a pain. :)

Ah, I see the problem, Ratatosk II is acting as both CommSat I & III. That's a problem on my end. I'll test it and get a fix out. The places that say CommSat III should've also automatically changed to Ratatosk II, but I suspect that's just cosmetic. Still, I'll fix that as well.

I'm impressed with how dedicated you are to pushing fixes for your mods. It seems there is a new version of Contract Configurator or one of your contract packs every couple of days.

Well, you should see a couple more tonight, there's a bit of a mess to unravel with the contract vessel tracking stuff.... the new enhancements to better support docking/undocking broke the stuff that was being used for the RemoteTech vessel tracking. Anyway, I try to keep everything working nicely, glad that it's appreciated. ;)

Thanks to Invader Myk! A bunch of little tweaks on the Kerbin contract to make it far more reliable. Download here.

ContractPack-RemoteTech 1.1.2

• Bunch of fixes to Kerbin contract (thanks Invader Myk).

Note that if you are in the middle of trying to complete the contract from 1.1.1 you'll have to cancel the contract and re-accept that. Of course, if you're in the middle of trying to complete it, the contract likely won't be offered again. To force it to get offered again, go to the Contract Configurator debug window (alt-f10), expand the RemoteTech group, expand the Kerbin contract. Near there bottom are two lines marked REQUIREMENT. Hit the button beside them to turn them red. You should now see the contract get offered (you may have to cancel other stuff in mission control to get it to show up).

I'm not sure if it's relevant either before or after that last update.

As soon as I completed the "dish at Mun/Minmus" contract the "Kerbin network" contract sorted itself out. (Which means 12 hours Kerbal time before I install the latest version.)

I'm impressed with how dedicated you are to pushing fixes for your mods. It seems there is a new version of Contract Configurator or one of your contract packs every couple of days.

First, let me second this! It's really awesome how fast you respond to and fix bugs! Due to the time lag it's literally "over night" for me :D

Edit: Oops: Wrong thread for the tourist stuff; will move that to the other thread...

Edited by SpaceNomad

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.