[1.4.x] Contract Pack: RemoteTech [v2.1.4] [2017-08-27]

nightingale

The code won't be confused if you name them the same thing - it'll handle it just fine. I'm more concerned about players getting confused. ;)

oh, okay. well, i'm slowly working my way through the tech tree right now to get to the parts i need for my satelites, i'll start doing the orbital procedures soon to put satelites up.

Hello there. I am completely lost in RT Contracts.

First, I am using stock tech tree, so it took awhile to get photovolt panels to have sustainable satellite build.

I am playing on Hard, so every gain is reduced.

So, I finally got what I needed and got 2 contracts.

Launch 3 satellites and Launch 4 satellites around Kerbin.

Contracts :

o2QSJ6n.png

nRppdik.png

My situation :

1ybvbyV.png

What I launched the sats from (And possibly the problem):

1mwrY29.jpg

So, I align the satellites, Point a dish in a correct way towards each other, but it does not count. Says I need to launch new satellite.

I try to never cancel a contract, but if you tell me I had to launch them 1 by 1 or I have to launch 3 more satellites just because ...

This network is obviously going to stay, but the reward fades if I have to do 3 more launches + alignments. And maybe I may mess up some of the conditions then.

So please tell me what I do wrong (if I do not have to launch 3 more) ?

I was so excited when I got RT and realized there are contracts for it as well.

<snip>

So please tell me what I do wrong (if I do not have to launch 3 more) ?

I was so excited when I got RT and realized there are contracts for it as well.

Looks like you did everything right and completed the 4-sat contract! By design, the two contracts are meant to be mutually exclusive - but I need to make that more clear on the contracts. I should also be able to make it so that you can only accept one with some recent changes in Contract Configurator.

TL;DR - You can't have both! You'll have to cancel the 3-sat one.

Thanks. I hope canceling the 3 one will let me complete the 4 one and I will have my list clear.

I canceled the 3 one, but I guess I have to re-launch another quad satellite ? I do not get it.

5vBodHr.jpg

Edited by Mapoko

Thank you for the cooperation. I simply canceled them as I only lost the advance. No rep penalty or anything. Got the Mun and Minmus 95% coverage, but that is far from complicated.

Maybe on my next startover few months ahead I will figure out where and what did I do wrong.

Do your 4 sats all have the same name? I could imagine that being a problem for a contract that seems to use sat names in its evaluation.

All 4 were named "Com Sat Launcher Probe" as they were separated from the launcher. Later they were renamed to "Com Sat Probe 1-4"

I have an issue with the 4-Sat contract. The "solver" gets stuck and tries to order my comsats as 1-2-4-3. This of course isn't an issue with only three, because all three are always connected to the other two, but with 4, order matters.

edit: It's probably because the KSP contract constraint solver doesn't do backtracking.

edit2:

CfcoO5s.png

Basically, I actually do want Comsat III to unify with my "Comsat Earth" satellite, but it seems to have already unified with Comsat IV.

6IlYc8i.png

edit3: anyway I backed up by persistence file if you want it; but now i auto-accepted the contract using debug

Edited by johnpmayer

Had a similar, OR exactly the same problem as johnpmayer.

Same thing ... CommSat IV had "not CommSat IV (or CommSat II, I actually don't remember)" funnily enough.

I "solved" it (after I did everything legit, all sats had their right orbits) by deleting II and IV and hyperediting two new ones into place. After that, the network test fired :)

Just an FYI, this contract pack doesn't support RSS (I realize RSS + RemoteTech is a fairly common thing). The next update will make changes to support RSS, it's just that it's a bigger change and will require some testing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I installed remote tech and this mod via CKAN. Playing career. Don't see any changes. Do I have to upgrade mission control building to access new contracts, maybe? Version 1.0.4. What am I doing wrong? Currently I see only default contracts there. Please help, thanks.

Hey,

I installed remote tech and this mod via CKAN. Playing career. Don't see any changes. Do I have to upgrade mission control building to access new contracts, maybe? Version 1.0.4. What am I doing wrong? Currently I see only default contracts there. Please help, thanks.

You most likely need to progress in the tech tree a little bit, the requirements to start seeing contracts for RemoteTech are:

• Have a power generator unlocked (ie solar panels)
  • Have an Antenna unlocked (the one in the start node is fine)
  • Haven't already created a CommSat network for the body in question (this is mainly for people adding it to existing saves).

I have an issue where i start a contract and after a few switches to Map or KSC the contract disappears. This seems to happen with Kerbin station too so it might be some bigger issue. Any ideas?

Please confirm you're using Contract Configurator 1.5.0. If you are, then please provide a log that covers the time period where the contract disappeared.

• 2 weeks later...

Big update to the RemoteTech contract pack! It now has full support for RSS and planet packs! The underlying structure of the contracts has been significantly changed, so when upgrading, take the following precautions:

1. If updating manually, make sure to delete the ContractPacks/RemoteTech directory before you update (CKAN users don't need to worry).
  2. Try to wait until you don't have any active RemoteTech contracts before you upgrade - or just keep in mind that it may get cancelled on you if you do have one.

Download it here!

ContractPack-RemoteTech 2.0.0

• All contracts now support RSS!
  • All contracts now support planet packs!
  • Added an agency to give the contracts a little more flavour.
  • Made the three and four commsat versions of the Kerbin/Earth contract mutually exclusive.

Can confirm contracts will get cancelled on upgrade -- I lost 750k funds because I didn't read the release notes before upgrading through CKAN. Fortunately, I reverted to 1.1.4 and used a backed up save to restore and resume my game.

Can confirm contracts will get cancelled on upgrade -- I lost 750k funds because I didn't read the release notes before upgrading through CKAN. Fortunately, I reverted to 1.1.4 and used a backed up save to restore and resume my game.

Yeah, that's the other side of the coin for CKAN - all that ease of upgrades comes with a cost. It would be nice if there was a way to get release notes displayed in CKAN.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.