[1.4.x] Contract Pack: RemoteTech [v2.1.4] [2017-08-27]

nightingale

Hello, first thank you for your amazing mods.

I have a problems with some contract : they won't validate.

"RemoteTech: Point a dish out from Kerbin" (Minmus or Mun) keeps on refreshing with Antenna Type: Dish = Yes/No/Yes/No... Sometimes I get it to start counting by playing with the dishes, but it always fails to last 6 hours. The refresh is bothering because I can't use the contracts window : it scrolls all the time

"Launch a Kerbin Space Station" also fails to detect the Station Type.

Edit: The type station was validated after reloading the game...

I installed Contract++ to have an alternate window for the contracts. It's not affected by the scroll bug.

Edited by OzoneGrif

Hello, first thank you for your amazing mods.

I have a problems with some contract : they won't validate.

"RemoteTech: Point a dish out from Kerbin" (Minmus or Mun) keeps on refreshing with Antenna Type: Dish = Yes/No/Yes/No... Sometimes I get it to start counting by playing with the dishes, but it always fails to last 6 hours. The refresh is bothering because I can't use the contracts window : it scrolls all the time

"Launch a Kerbin Space Station" also fails to detect the Station Type.

Edit: The type station was validated after reloading the game...

I installed Contract++ to have an alternate window for the contracts. It's not affected by the scroll bug.

The timer parameter doesn't fit with that contract - not sure why I had it in there. What likely ends up happening is that you lose the signal when you pass behind Kerbin (even if another satellite is able to pick up the signal, that'll reset the timer). So I went with the easy fix and removed the timer (update coming, you'll have to cancel the contract and re-accept it).

The stock contracts window does very annoying stuff like that... can't help you much in that area (Contracts Window + is a good replacement).

- - - Updated - - -

New release, get it now!

ContractPack-RemoteTech 2.0.1

• Remove time requirement for contract for pointing a dish at Mun/Minmus/Moon (thanks OzoneGrif).

• 3 weeks later...

It's me again (yay) . I have a new curious bug for the contract : "A satellite which does everything", connect all planets of the solar system with one keostationary comsat, and put another one in orbit just in case the first one fails.

There's a bonus if you put one of the comsat right above KSC, but the indicator given by the game to complete the mission is absolutly not above the KSC. It's about 130° away from it.

Is it a bug with the contract? A conflict between mods? Where should I put my satellite.. above the KSC or on the spot given by the game?

It's me again (yay) . I have a new curious bug for the contract : "A satellite which does everything", connect all planets of the solar system with one keostationary comsat, and put another one in orbit just in case the first one fails.

There's a bonus if you put one of the comsat right above KSC, but the indicator given by the game to complete the mission is absolutly not above the KSC. It's about 130° away from it.

Is it a bug with the contract? A conflict between mods? Where should I put my satellite.. above the KSC or on the spot given by the game?

Put it in the spot given by the game. Can you show me a screenshot, 130 degrees is quite far away... Not sure if I've tested this part with RSS - if you have that it could easily be the issue.

I did it, but the position wasn't accepted by the game. I was 100km away from the designed spot. :(

I added the funds manually into the persistence file, but I don't find how to add reputation.

I don't use RSS.

https://home.griffox.info/~OzoneGrif/RemoteTechContract.png

https://home.griffox.info/~OzoneGrif/RemoteTechContractB.png

The tolance is 10km... maybe that's too small? Either way, I should probably have a note in the contract saying what it is. I'll have to look in to what's going on with the location, that's off by a crazy amount.

Thank you for the kind answer.

Indeed, 10km in space for something you can't really target or see is awfully hard. Plus you have to keep the 10km distance for 4 hours, on an orbit 2868km high! This is.. wow. :D

For this contract, since the only purpose of the target spot is to have a permanent contact with the KSC, 1000km deviation sounds good enough, as long as the orbit is respected, it feels good to me. But you're the best judge :)

Thank you for the kind answer.

Indeed, 10km in space for something you can't really target or see is awfully hard. Plus you have to keep the 10km distance for 4 hours, on an orbit 2868km high! This is.. wow. :D

For this contract, since the only purpose of the target spot is to have a permanent contact with the KSC, 1000km deviation sounds good enough, as long as the orbit is respected, it feels good to me. But you're the best judge :)

Well, given that it should be a KEOsynchronous orbit at that altitude, there shouldn't be significant drift, so 10km didn't seem unreasonable. Important question though - are you using Waypoint Manager? I could see it being a lot harder to get to the waypoint without it.

Yes I use Waypoint Manager. But the problem isn't really about "reaching" the spot, given enough time it's easy.

It's about having an orbit so perfect it would match the 10km distance for almost a day.

You can't "target" the spot, so I didn't find a way to have a 0m/s relative speed.

On the map the orbits looked good, but at this altitude, they drift apart awfully quickly.

Also, the game isn't very precise with its keosynchoneous orbits. I always tune them with Kerbal Ingineer to have precisely a 6 hours orbit time. Which fits the contract, but not holding a position for 4 hours.

• 3 weeks later...

How do I "test" my network?

https://i.imgur.com/BRLlyAx.jpg

I don't understand why I'm can't complete it, given that I have the network setup, the 95% coverage checked, and its been up for the better part of 40 days (it wasn't when the screenshot was taken, but it has at this time in the game itself). What am I missing?

How do I "test" my network?

https://i.imgur.com/BRLlyAx.jpg

I don't understand why I'm can't complete it, given that I have the network setup, the 95% coverage checked, and its been up for the better part of 40 days (it wasn't when the screenshot was taken, but it has at this time in the game itself). What am I missing?

It's a bug in Contract Configurator (there's a timer that should just start up automatically). Will be fixed in the 1.7.8 release (out in the next few days).

Hi there,

After 1.0.5 update I've started new game. First CommSat missions can't be completed due the lack of 'Situation' information. In Contracts for every vessel it says: Situation: No situation report available and therefore, this point of contract can't be completed. I'd appreciate any help..

Hi there,

After 1.0.5 update I've started new game. First CommSat missions can't be completed due the lack of 'Situation' information. In Contracts for every vessel it says: Situation: No situation report available and therefore, this point of contract can't be completed. I'd appreciate any help..

Did a quick check, and everything looked good. Can you make sure you're on the latest version of RemoteTech as well (they released an update yesterday). If you are, please provide a screenshot of that message (it's not something I've ever seen before).

Did a quick check, and everything looked good. Can you make sure you're on the latest version of RemoteTech as well (they released an update yesterday). If you are, please provide a screenshot of that message (it's not something I've ever seen before).

I am using RemoteTech downloaded today, but I might have started this game before an update of RemoteTech. I'll start again and see if it helps.

Beside of above, here is a screenshot:

ksp_remotetech_problem.jpg

Update edit: Ok. I've launched new game. I haven't fly anywhere yet, but the same thing pops up in VAB already.

I think that there should be 'Situation: Orbiting' or something like that...

2nd update edit: I've installed Contract Configurator update which have just come, and in VAB contract info is correct with defined "Situation: Orbit" thing. I have no time right now to fly this contract though. I'll check it later.

Edited by kjub
Update information

I am using RemoteTech downloaded today, but I might have started this game before an update of RemoteTech. I'll start again and see if it helps.

Beside of above, here is a screenshot:

http://s2.postimg.org/cavcel6ol/ksp_remotetech_problem.jpg

Update edit: Ok. I've launched new game. I haven't fly anywhere yet, but the same thing pops up in VAB already.

I think that there should be 'Situation: Orbiting' or something like that...

2nd update edit: I've installed Contract Configurator update which have just come, and in VAB contract info is correct with defined "Situation: Orbit" thing. I have no time right now to fly this contract though. I'll check it later.

It is indeed supposed to say Situation: Orbiting. Can you send me both the ksp.log and your save file? There's something very odd going on there.

It is indeed supposed to say Situation: Orbiting. Can you send me both the ksp.log and your save file? There's something very odd going on there.

I could and I would. But as I've written in second update in my previous post, after updating Contract Configurator (and to be completely honest - reinstalling all RemoteTech related mods) the problem seems to vanish from my save. Probably it won't do any good for you right now.

After all reinstalling done, I've come to conclusion that maybe after update, RemoteTech FX small mod was a problem. I haven't installed it this time. And all seem to work.

[quote name='severedsolo']You may need to stick a uniqueValue flag on these - I'm getting duplicate "create a network for Mun" contracts (duplicate offered that is, I haven't accepted them)[/QUOTE]

They aren't dynamic, so it's a different issue (maxCompletions should prevent there from being more than one). I remember having that problem a couple versions ago. Was this normal playthrough, or contract development? In other words, were you doing anything in the debug menu you shouldn't have, or did it just happen to pop up that way?

[quote name='nightingale']They aren't dynamic, so it's a different issue (maxCompletions should prevent there from being more than one). I remember having that problem a couple versions ago. Was this normal playthrough, or contract development? In other words, were you doing anything in the debug menu you shouldn't have, or did it just happen to pop up that way?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, you report something from a development save by accident one time, and you never live it down ;)

Seriously though, no I was on my main save, it was a normal playthrough.

I don't tend to report things during development because I know I'm doing things that I'm not supposed to (for example, field research will fail validation if you reload contracts for some reason)

[quote name='severedsolo']Honestly, you report something from a development save by accident one time, and you never live it down ;)

Seriously though, no I was on my main save, it was a normal playthrough.

I don't tend to report things during development because I know I'm doing things that I'm not supposed to (for example, field research will fail validation if you reload contracts for some reason)[/QUOTE]

Eh, more the fact that I didn't want it to be true, and was really, really hoping that it was something else. Anyway, raised [[URL="https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/issues/348"]#348[/URL]].

• 2 weeks later...

Another instance of the Keostationary orbit above the KSC being off here, by about 100°. When I checked the contract in my save, it had the waypoint at -180.000691267244° longitude, instead of ~ -74.5°.

nSK5bxd.jpg

Edited by Rodger

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.