[1.4.x] Contract Pack: RemoteTech [v2.1.4] [2017-08-27]

nightingale

5 hours ago, Rodger said:

Another instance of the Keostationary orbit above the KSC being off here, by about 100°. When I checked the contract in my save, it had the waypoint at -180.000691267244° longitude, instead of ~ -74.5°.

<snip>

Raised [#379].  Any chance you're using Kopernicus?  I've had lots of reports of that messing up waypoint locations (or to be more precise, PQS city locations).

24 minutes ago, Rodger said:

Yep, and I was having trouble with the 'explore the island airfield' contract before too.

Can you provide the details of what your Kopernicus setup (what config files/planet packs you have) over on the Kopernicus thread?  Don't know if there's too much I can do with this one on my own.

Well I've just recreated it without Kopernicus. Just ContractConfig, Contract packs, CapCom contract window, Hyperedit, KER, MJ, RT, SCANsat, KAC, and Waypoint Manager. Running 64bit OSX (I assume similar to the linux build, It's been very stable for me, and had waypoint problems when I was using 32bit too)

New world, and I edited the contract requirements to be able to accept the everythingsat contract straight away. Accepted the contract before I do anything else, and the waypoint is off. http://i.imgur.com/MgycXbA.jpg

This is the orbit data it made for the waypoint: http://pastebin.com/ejzrU2rt

Thanks, will look into it further and hopefully have a fix for Contract Configurator 1.9.0.

EDIT: Done, it'll be fixed for 1.9.0 (although it will not fix existing contracts that have already been accepted).

Edited by nightingale

On 22/5/2015, 5:07:00, blu3wolf said:

tried this with no luck. Similar or same issue, have a working network in place but the timer doesnt start. I actually HAD the timer working, but about 4 hours before it was up, timewarp decided that I went out of connection briefly and reset it - and for some reason convinced the contract that my satellites were in a different order now. Given that it works as a network, Im tempted to just use the debug menu to complete the contract and move on with starting a mun probe.

Any luck on fixing this?

Im having this fun issue again, where the 4 satellite contract decides that the two satellites opposite each other should try to link up through Kerbin.

Is there some way to have CC keep looking for different ships that could fit the contract?

KSP.png

Well, I fixed it, anyway. I worked out that the sequence in the contract was C,D,B,4... so I went to Bravo and increased its inclination slightly. Then it was no longer a valid fit for 3 - but A was already, so the order became C,D,3,4, then straight to C,D,A,4. Then I lowered the inclination a few seconds later, and it went C,D,A,B - performing network shake-out.

Edited by blu3wolf

• 3 weeks later...

I'm seeing the same behavior with the 4 sat mission.   It keeps resetting to two days.  I have all 4 in a very stable orbit equi-distant from each other.  It starts counting down but periodically resets to 2 days.  I parked a plane by the hanger and sat in it and started time warping in the hopes that being landed would prevent any checks.  Sadly no joy,  it counted down to 1 hour left and I thought I was home free when it spontaneously reset to 2 days again. 

I eventually managed to get it to complete by just watching from orbit, hitting F5 then do a 100X warp for an hour, hit F5 and if the error ever triggered, just hit F9 and repeat that hour.  It took quite a few reloads but it eventually completed without changing anything.   The fact that it's not persistent from one quicksave restore to the next suggests some form of threading issue, variable initialization or precision error (round off) but that of course is not very helpful guessing and sadly I have no save/debug info.

Since I'm here thanks Nightingale for all of your work, your mods make the game much more enjoyable.

4 hours ago, Belthize said:

I'm seeing the same behavior with the 4 sat mission.   It keeps resetting to two days.  I have all 4 in a very stable orbit equi-distant from each other.  It starts counting down but periodically resets to 2 days.  I parked a plane by the hanger and sat in it and started time warping in the hopes that being landed would prevent any checks.  Sadly no joy,  it counted down to 1 hour left and I thought I was home free when it spontaneously reset to 2 days again. 

I eventually managed to get it to complete by just watching from orbit, hitting F5 then do a 100X warp for an hour, hit F5 and if the error ever triggered, just hit F9 and repeat that hour.  It took quite a few reloads but it eventually completed without changing anything.   The fact that it's not persistent from one quicksave restore to the next suggests some form of threading issue, variable initialization or precision error (round off) but that of course is not very helpful guessing and sadly I have no save/debug info.

Since I'm here thanks Nightingale for all of your work, your mods make the game much more enjoyable.

Raised [#419], but it may be a while before I get to it.  This one seems to keep cropping up every time I think I've stomped it out. :(

Hey got an error message that told me to repost to the forum. Hope this helps I really can't give you  any info as to how this happened i just opened KSP and got the message. If i posted this in the wrong place i do apologize. 
Exception occured while loading contract parameter 'MoonCoverage' in contract 'RT_GasGiantRelay':
System.ArgumentException: 'Tekto' is not a valid CelestialBody.
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[CelestialBody] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.RemoteTech.CelestialBodyCoverageParameter.OnParameterLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ContractConfiguratorParameter.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Edited by Guantar

1 hour ago, Guantar said:

Hey got an error message that told me to repost to the forum. Hope this helps I really can't give you  any info as to how this happened i just opened KSP and got the message. If i posted this in the wrong place i do apologize. 
Exception occured while loading contract parameter 'MoonCoverage' in contract 'RT_GasGiantRelay':
System.ArgumentException: 'Tekto' is not a valid CelestialBody.
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[CelestialBody] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.RemoteTech.CelestialBodyCoverageParameter.OnParameterLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ContractConfiguratorParameter.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Typically happens when you uninstall a planet pack.  Raised #425, been meaning to eventually handle that better.

On January 2, 2016 at 0:59 AM, nightingale said:

Typically happens when you uninstall a planet pack.  Raised #425, been meaning to eventually handle that better.

No problem, I am a big fan of the modding community for KSP y'all create absolutely amazing things. Ok I just uninstalled the outer planets mod. Will this error effect my contracts or will i just continue to get the error message every time I start up?

Long time since I've played this. I've seen you have updated the pack so it uses dynamic data instead of static, meaning you now support more mods that change planets, most of them at least. Really good work, apreciate

But I'm writing because I have a small problem. In CKAN the latest version is 1.1.3, this is intended? or is just that CKAN has not updated yet to the latest version?

7 hours ago, KaiserSoze said:

Long time since I've played this. I've seen you have updated the pack so it uses dynamic data instead of static, meaning you now support more mods that change planets, most of them at least. Really good work, apreciate

But I'm writing because I have a small problem. In CKAN the latest version is 1.1.3, this is intended? or is just that CKAN has not updated yet to the latest version?

Works okay for me, and the metadata looks okay.  Can you:

1. Make sure you're on the latest CKAN version
  2. Make sure you've refreshed the repository

That's about the extent of my CKAN debugging....  if you're still having issues after that you may need to ask on the CKAN thread.

1 hour ago, nightingale said:

Works okay for me, and the metadata looks okay.  Can you:

1. Make sure you're on the latest CKAN version
  2. Make sure you've refreshed the repository

That's about the extent of my CKAN debugging....  if you're still having issues after that you may need to ask on the CKAN thread.

Works ok. Sorry for the disturbing, not sure what I did this morning (I could swear I updated everything and CKAN was just downloaded for a fresh start) But now it works. CKAN mistery for me.

Thanks for the answer and once again sorry for rising alarms.

• 2 months later...

Playing through my career and the only Remote Tech contract I've gotten is the "Point a dish out from Kerbin" to one of the moons. I've completed this contract, but this is well after I have set up my own 4-satellite omni Kerbin network. Why didn't I get a contract to ask me to do such a network? As far as I can tell I should have. Is something broken?

12 hours ago, Tossy64 said:

Playing through my career and the only Remote Tech contract I've gotten is the "Point a dish out from Kerbin" to one of the moons. I've completed this contract, but this is well after I have set up my own 4-satellite omni Kerbin network. Why didn't I get a contract to ask me to do such a network? As far as I can tell I should have. Is something broken?

Hard to say, sometimes the contract generation is iffy.  If you don't have high enough reputation or enough open slots (ie. decline other contracts), then the ones you want may not show up.  Beyond that, I'd have to see a log to say if anything is specifically wrong.

8 hours ago, nightingale said:

Hard to say, sometimes the contract generation is iffy.  If you don't have high enough reputation or enough open slots (ie. decline other contracts), then the ones you want may not show up.  Beyond that, I'd have to see a log to say if anything is specifically wrong.

Fair enough, thanks. "Approximately" what sort of reputation would be too low to be at risk of not getting contracts? And if I hack my reputation to a high rep, would it start excluding some contracts I might want to get?

1 minute ago, Tossy64 said:

Fair enough, thanks. "Approximately" what sort of reputation would be too low to be at risk of not getting contracts? And if I hack my reputation to a high rep, would it start excluding some contracts I might want to get?

Here's some info from a post of mine from a while back.  There's not really a "too low", but not getting any more 2-star contracts (about -225), is a pretty heavy thing (many of the RemoteTech contracts are two-star).  Also keep in mind that if those slots are being filled by "explore minmus" types of contracts, that can block you as well.

M4PhWzO.png

Notable points:

• You can't get any 3-star contracts (except some special ones) until almost 200 rep
  • If you drop below -225 rep, you won't get any 2-star contracts either
  • This is based on a max of 10 contracts (you can up that in the contracts.cfg file).

I just raised a github issue [18] because of an odd event that I experienced where a contract completed that shouldn't have completed, the vessel that completed the contract didn't even have a dish capable of doing it. The github issue (and this post) is sparse on details because I'm ignorant about what information could be used to track down the problem, but I'm willing to provide any data/screenshots/logfiles that are requested -- just point me in the right direction. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I know Contract Configurator was updated for the 1.1 pre-release and it works great, but when I try and load this pack into the contract packs folder I don't see the option in the Configurator UI when i start up 1.1.

Am I doing something wrong? of do contract packs require updates as well (i kinda assumed not much changed between 1.05 and 1.1 as far as contracts go).

Thanks!!!

59 minutes ago, mtpatane said:

I know Contract Configurator was updated for the 1.1 pre-release and it works great, but when I try and load this pack into the contract packs folder I don't see the option in the Configurator UI when i start up 1.1.

Am I doing something wrong? of do contract packs require updates as well (i kinda assumed not much changed between 1.05 and 1.1 as far as contracts go).

Contract Configurator needs to be re-compiled against the 1.1 compatible RemoteTech, which I'll do on the next release.  Note though that RemoteTech's 1.1 update is still in progress, so I probably won't get my update out until theirs is officially updated.

Hey!  just following up, don't mean to be annoying about it, but wanted to inform you that the RemoteTech team released a 1.1 compatible version!

I'm using it and haven't hand any issues (outside of the wobbly computer bug).

Not sure if it counts as an official release, but looking forward to running Remotetech contracts in 1.1.

I love that contract pack makes my careers step through planetary exploration in a regimented fashion!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.