[1.4.x] Contract Pack: RemoteTech [v2.1.4] [2017-08-27]

nightingale

I'm trying to complete the 4 satellite kerbin communication contract. I launched 4 satellites, but their connections are 1 - 3 - 2 - 4 - 1, if 1 is the first launch and 4 is the last. The contract seems to be having issues identifying which satellites should be CommSat III and CommSat IV.

If I turn off all antennas (with the RT option to allow turning on antennas without connections) and turn them back on in various orders, it will identify CommSat I as the first launch and CommSat II as the third or fourth launch, but it never identifies the second launch as CommSat III, probably because it was launched after both 3 and 4. But that's just speculation.

Is this behavior intended?

Order shouldn't really matter, but pictures would help here.  I've seen it be a bit finnicky on the 4-sat contract, but usually it can always be completed if you cycle through the various probes once or twice (by which I mean, going to the tracking station, and making each one the active vessel in turn, preferably in the order you want them to connect).

12 minutes ago, Conventia said:

http://imgur.com/a/WFakP

I can also send you the save file if you like. Cycling through the probes doesn't help.

Please do, I'll take a look.

12 minutes ago, Conventia said:

Though, there seems to be another issue where contracts go from being accepted to not being accepted anymore and they are back into the offer list. Perhaps that's related? Is that is known KSP bug or contract configurator bug?

Known bug in that someone else reported it on the Contract Configurator thread a couple hours ago, but I need a log and save to make any headway on that one (log will need to cover the time that the contracts disappeared, and saves from before + after would be ideal).

I sent a message with the file. I don't have logs or saves that show the contracts reverting, but if I notice it again, I'll try to get them.

Oh, where are the logs from? (Nevermind, I found them.)

Edited by Conventia

I used hyperedit to swap the orbits of satellites 2 and 3, so that the satellites are in connected in their order of launch and the contract now recognizes them and the duration countdown is happening.

If it's truly the ordering, which this suggests, it should be fairly easy to reproduce from scratch. Though I'd be surprised no one's found it before.

1 minute ago, Conventia said:

I used hyperedit to swap the orbits of satellites 2 and 3, so that the satellites are in connected in their order of launch and the contract now recognizes them and the duration countdown is happening.

If it's truly the ordering, which this suggests, it should be fairly easy to reproduce from scratch. Though I'd be surprised no one's found it before.

They have, multiple times. Its a recurring bug that keeps showing up again, after being fixed.

2 minutes ago, blu3wolf said:

Well, the last time I reported it, you conveyed to me your expectations that you had already fixed it, and Ive seen others report it after me...

Glad to hear its working.

True - it was a pain for a while there, and it did take a couple tries to iron out the issues.

I just loaded the various saves again and the only weird thing is that hyperedit didn't change the inclination when I swapped the ships, one of them is still outside the bounds of the contract, even though the contract already completed. Not that I'm complaining.

Although I understand that it's probably a really hard problem, it'd be nice to get better feedback about which conditions are unmet for a given contract. I've done the contract before and I knew that inclination was a consideration and originally, there were two satellites with bad inclination and the contract stated such, but when I fixed one of them, the contract seemed to suggest that all the inclinations were correct.

9 hours ago, Conventia said:

I just loaded the various saves again and the only weird thing is that hyperedit didn't change the inclination when I swapped the ships, one of them is still outside the bounds of the contract, even though the contract already completed. Not that I'm complaining.

Although I understand that it's probably a really hard problem, it'd be nice to get better feedback about which conditions are unmet for a given contract. I've done the contract before and I knew that inclination was a consideration and originally, there were two satellites with bad inclination and the contract stated such, but when I fixed one of them, the contract seemed to suggest that all the inclinations were correct.

It's a tough problem, showing all the necessary information for four vessels in an easily understandable way.  Although it's pretty clear what the problem is in my screenshot, you'll only be able to see that if you're focused on CommSat 2, which makes it easy enough to miss if you're cycling quickly through the different vessels.

Prerequistes for contract to create relay in mun/minmus are not met. Specifically the one that requires a satellite with an antenna capable of reaching the moon. I did have those sat and the contracts were removed as failed (and cannot be offered again) since this prerequiste its failed.

I've tried to run off/on the dishes on my kerbin satellite with no luck. Anyone else having this issue?

(I could post the savegame, but since I'm in a heavy modded installation this could not be very useful)

26 minutes ago, KaiserSoze said:

Prerequistes for contract to create relay in mun/minmus are not met. Specifically the one that requires a satellite with an antenna capable of reaching the moon. I did have those sat and the contracts were removed as failed (and cannot be offered again) since this prerequiste its failed.

I've tried to run off/on the dishes on my kerbin satellite with no luck. Anyone else having this issue?

(I could post the savegame, but since I'm in a heavy modded installation this could not be very useful)

Try going to the Contract Configurator debug menu (alt-f10) and hitting the "Force Generate Contracts" button.  Does that make the contract come back?

if not, can you show me a screenshot of the unmet requirement?

24 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Try going to the Contract Configurator debug menu (alt-f10) and hitting the "Force Generate Contracts" button.  Does that make the contract come back?

if not, can you show me a screenshot of the unmet requirement?

It didn't work.

the unmet requirement for me is:

REQUIREMENT
    {
        name = ActiveVesselRange
        type = ActiveVesselRange

targetBody = HomeWorld()
        range = @/targetBody.SemiMajorAxis()
    }

for the mun this distance is 12.000 km in my case, and I do have a crystallite in orbit with antennas working (even up until minmus)

If this doesn't happen to anyone else I would assume some mod interference and try looking there.(i'm just realizing that I have updated contract configurator and this pack at the same time)

1 hour ago, KaiserSoze said:

I am having the same issue

On 28/07/2016 at 3:19 PM, KaiserSoze said:

It didn't work.

the unmet requirement for me is:

REQUIREMENT
    {
        name = ActiveVesselRange
        type = ActiveVesselRange

targetBody = HomeWorld()
        range = @/targetBody.SemiMajorAxis()
    }

for the mun this distance is 12.000 km in my case, and I do have a crystallite in orbit with antennas working (even up until minmus)

If this doesn't happen to anyone else I would assume some mod interference and try looking there.(i'm just realizing that I have updated contract configurator and this pack at the same time)

I just double checked, and it worked for me.  Can you show me an screenshot of the network in the tracking station?  It should be fine if you already have a connection from Minmus - unless you don't have a Kerbin satellite with an antenna with range of at least 12 Mm with the target set to "Active Vessel".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.