[1.4.x] Contract Pack: RemoteTech [v2.1.4] [2017-08-27]

nightingale

Mod Hat On:

Hello and welcome to the forum! Might I ask you to use the Quote feature with care - it is unnecessary to include the entire content of another person's quote when it is rather long, and especially when it is immediately above yours!

Many thanks. Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

The error is due to RemoteTech adding a new function to an interface, so all the mods using the interface must also add the function. In this case, it's in the base Contract Configurator mod, in the file "RemoteTechProgressTracker.cs", add a line saying "public bool CanRelaySignal  { get { return true; } }" somewhere (for example between line 61 and 62 with the other similar lines).

A recompiled version with this modification is here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=60326756604568769976

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11.12.2017 at 11:47 PM, Guillaume4 said:

The error is due to RemoteTech adding a new function to an interface, so all the mods using the interface must also add the function. In this case, it's in the base Contract Configurator mod, in the file "RemoteTechProgressTracker.cs", add a line saying "public bool CanRelaySignal  { get { return true; } }" somewhere (for example between line 61 and 62 with the other similar lines).

A recompiled version with this modification is here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=60326756604568769976

On 28.12.2017 at 11:41 AM, Xilexio said:

Also had this problem on x64 version with RT 1.8.9. Guillaume4's dll fixed it after replacing GameData/ContractConfigurator/CC_RemoteTech.dll.

Did not worked for me.

Installed RT 1.8.9, replaced CC_RemoteTech.dll with Guillaume's, no Remote Tech contracts in game.

Reversed back to RT 1.8.8_10 and old CC_RemoteTech.dll - got RT contracts back

Guillaume4, thanks!  I spent an hour trying to figure out what was going on, the DLL fix worked perfectly for me. I made the initial error of thinking it belonged in the RemoteTech folder, but that was purely a reading error on my part. Only mentioning it because if it happened to me, it might happen to someone else as well. The DLL name just drew me to incorrect conclusions.

On 12/11/2017 at 3:47 PM, Guillaume4 said:

Edited by Archon286

I tried all 4 combinations (1.8.8 and the CC dll) RT contracts didn't show up in any of them.

This seems to be the first error in the log:

[LOG 16:30:37.881] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE: 'RT_EverythingSat'
[WRN 16:30:38.334] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Multiple assemblies with name 'RemoteTech' found!
[EXC 16:30:38.351] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[LoadedAssembly] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback)

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/29/2017 at 9:02 AM, Spartan125 said:

I am also unable to get the contracts for setting up networks around the Mun and Minmus even in the newest release. Can someone tell me precisely what I need to have set up in order for the contracts to become available. Maybe it is because the orbits of my Kerbin network are not within the eccentricity parameters for it to be classified as a constellation in the code?

EDIT: I found the solution on github. You have to point a dish or antenna with the required range at "Active Vessel" to meet the requirements.

Regarding the "active vessel" bit: what exactly does that mean? Also, I have deorbited all but one satellite orbiting the Mun (intentionally) and disabled the relay antennae on two of my 3 Munar relay sats (orbiting Kerbin), yet the "less than 70% coverage" prerequisite is still claiming to be unmet. Has anyone figured this out in the last 6 months (geez, I hate saying things like that...)?

EDIT: apparently "active vessel" is the literal name of an option for RT antennae (see the chatter on page 18 of this thread). So that bit is solved, but the game still seems to think I have >70% coverage of the Mun with only a single rover on the ground and a single satellite in a polar orbit.

EDIT 2: I disabled the antennae on my remaining Munar sat, and pointed my entire Kerbin-orbiting Mun-pointing constellation toward "active vessel", and I FINALLY got the contract. 

Edited by coolguy8445

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, so this is interesting...apparently I completed a contract to create a sat network for Minmus...without ever launching the sat network...

I also had to manually set the "coverage" to zero in my save file to even get the contract in the first place, because the game thought the coverage was already >70%, even with only one satellite in orbit. Not sure if this is a RemoteTech issue or a RemoteTech Contract Pack issue (assuming the former), but is quite strange nonetheless.

I nerfed my omni antennae by a factor of 10; perhaps that has something to do with it? RT/the contract pack is using the original ranges for its calculations for some reason?

@coolguy8445 - That's a long standing occasional bug with how the scanning works.  Because it's really performance intensive, the checks for coverage are spread out over time.  The way it works out, you can get pretty close to the 70% coverage just from luck (logically you've already got 50% coverage just from the bit that's facing Kerbin).  I really should bump the number higher.

The nerfing probably has nothing to do with it (which says I do need to fix this up since nerfing the range should've made it harder).

• 1 month later...

Hello @nightingale ! :)

So I have been pulling my hair all day install and re installing mods and double checking folders and cfg files, but I can't find anything wrong. The problem is that I don't get the contracts to show at all. I've read the pages in this thread from early 2016 and to last post and it seems like a bug that has been coming back many times. From what I understand the main problem is when RemoteTech releases a new version and changes some parameters.

I tried my heavily modded install back an forth but no success. I also tried with a vanilla install, ckan downloaded remotetech and CP remotetech. Still no luck. I started a new career and used debug to get funds and science, so I unlocked half the tree but still no contracts showing up :(

Tell me if you need any files or screenshots, I'll try my best to provide :)

Cheers - Schmelge  

3 hours ago, Schmelge said:

Hello @nightingale ! :)

So I have been pulling my hair all day install and re installing mods and double checking folders and cfg files, but I can't find anything wrong. The problem is that I don't get the contracts to show at all. I've read the pages in this thread from early 2016 and to last post and it seems like a bug that has been coming back many times. From what I understand the main problem is when RemoteTech releases a new version and changes some parameters.

I tried my heavily modded install back an forth but no success. I also tried with a vanilla install, ckan downloaded remotetech and CP remotetech. Still no luck. I started a new career and used debug to get funds and science, so I unlocked half the tree but still no contracts showing up :(

Tell me if you need any files or screenshots, I'll try my best to provide :)

Cheers - Schmelge  

The latest update to RemoteTech broke this.  There's a workaround DLL posted in the Contract Configurator thread - but otherwise it'll be fixed once I do the new release.

1 hour ago, nightingale said:

The latest update to RemoteTech broke this.  There's a workaround DLL posted in the Contract Configurator thread - but otherwise it'll be fixed once I do the new release.

Thank you so much man!!

Edit: aaand it works!! Awesome, big thanks!

Edited by Schmelge

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2015 at 7:48 AM, nightingale said:
<snip>

Download

CKAN: In CKAN, Select and download the mod "Contract Pack: RemoteTech"

GitHub: For the direct download option, please ensure you have all the dependencies before raising a support request:

1. Contract Configurator is a required dependency and can be downloaded from the Contract Configurator release thread.
  2. RemoteTech is a required dependency and can be downloaded from the RemoteTech release thread.
  3. ModuleManager is a required dependency and can be downloaded from the ModuleManager release thread.
  4. The RemoteTech Contract Pack can be downloaded from GitHub.

<snip>

Links updated is you wanted to use for OP

"Must have a remotetech constellation orbiting kerbin with a dish pointed at active vessel with a range of at least "n" KM"

OK, i've done that (I've even used the pointing to set up the dedicated sub-relay sats), it still will not open up those contracts. I'm going to try re-launching the Muns Relay sat to see if it was an issue with the sat.

Or do i need to launch more than one satellite to point at each moon to count?

Edit: Nevermind then. "Aimed at Active Vessel" was the key.

Edit 2: Now I need to figure out the "0-70% remotetech coverage". Clearly not 0% as both of the sub-relays have a ton of Omni-range, and the Mun has 2 other satellites orbiting it as well.

Edited by Cyrious

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.