[1.4.x] Contract Pack: RemoteTech [v2.1.4] [2017-08-27]

nightingale

I can do better than a screenshot. Here's a short video of the issue. Watch the Contracts window, especially right at the start, and again at the very end. You'll see at least 4 green check marks flashing on and off. Another thing to look at in this video is the MET clock. You'll see it's constantly flickering from green to yellow, which it normaly only does when the game is having trouble keeping up with physics calculations.

Unfortunately I don't think there's going to be anything helpful in the log files. I looked thrugh the KSP.log as well as the output_log.txt, and don't see anything that strikes me as out of the ordinary. The output log simply started to get lots of "out of memory" errors right before the game crashed. If you see errors related to Contract Configurator and RT_PlanetMoonRelay, that's because (as the error states) I uninstalled it, as I mentioned in a previous post. At any rate, here's the KSP.log:

http://wikisend.com/download/456080/KSP.log

Very odd.... I won't be able to look into this one in detail tonight, so raised [#287] to track.

I can do better than a screenshot. Here's a short video of the issue. Watch the Contracts window, especially right at the start, and again at the very end. You'll see at least 4 green check marks flashing on and off. Another thing to look at in this video is the MET clock. You'll see it's constantly flickering from green to yellow, which it normaly only does when the game is having trouble keeping up with physics calculations.

Unfortunately I don't think there's going to be anything helpful in the log files. I looked thrugh the KSP.log as well as the output_log.txt, and don't see anything that strikes me as out of the ordinary. The output log simply started to get lots of "out of memory" errors right before the game crashed. If you see errors related to Contract Configurator and RT_PlanetMoonRelay, that's because (as the error states) I uninstalled it, as I mentioned in a previous post. At any rate, here's the KSP.log:

http://wikisend.com/download/456080/KSP.log

Looking at your log, I suspect you're right near the memory limit and for whatever reason this contract is what's pushing you over the edge. The reason it's acting so poorly is the stock Contracts App is getting out of memory errors on its redraw (which are trapped). It's not until a bit later that you have an untrapped memory error where the whole thing crashes.

• 4 weeks later...
I tried doing that but when I open KSP I don't see any RT-Contracts. Do you need a specific research node other than electrics?

Do you have the dependencies installed (Contract Configurator, Remote Tech, Module Manager)?

When you go to the space centre and click the contract configurator icon, do you see "Remote Tech" in the list?

Research wise you need a couple things - I believe they are a probe core, power generation mechanism and antenna. I think it is Electrics that will do it, but don't remember offhand.

Do you have the dependencies installed (Contract Configurator, Remote Tech, Module Manager)?

When you go to the space centre and click the contract configurator icon, do you see "Remote Tech" in the list?

Research wise you need a couple things - I believe they are a probe core, power generation mechanism and antenna. I think it is Electrics that will do it, but don't remember offhand.

I do have all of the dependencies installed. However Remote Tech isn't in the Contact Configuration tab.

Very odd:

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'CC_RemoteTech': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This is the internal assembly that provides the Contract Configurator RemoteTech integration. Typically this error happens when an assembly is compiled under the wrong .net version - but it's not something that I've touched in a long while, and it was still working when I last loaded KSP up (last night).

Can you confirm you're using the latest stable RemoteTech release (1.6.7) and not a pre-release or dev build? The logs say 1.6.7, but maybe they don't increment the version numbers on their dev builds.

Otherwise, can you try the following?

1. Reinstall Contract Configurator.
  2. Try grabbing the file directly from GitHub (here).
  3. Try the 1.6.6 version of the file from GitHub (here).

If none of those work I'll take a closer look tonight.

Very odd:

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'CC_RemoteTech': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This is the internal assembly that provides the Contract Configurator RemoteTech integration. Typically this error happens when an assembly is compiled under the wrong .net version - but it's not something that I've touched in a long while, and it was still working when I last loaded KSP up (last night).

Can you confirm you're using the latest stable RemoteTech release (1.6.7) and not a pre-release or dev build? The logs say 1.6.7, but maybe they don't increment the version numbers on their dev builds.

Otherwise, can you try the following?

1. Reinstall Contract Configurator.
  2. Try grabbing the file directly from GitHub (here).
  3. Try the 1.6.6 version of the file from GitHub (here).

If none of those work I'll take a closer look tonight.

I tried reinstalling everything and tried the solutions you provided but it still doesnt show it.

I tried reinstalling everything and tried the solutions you provided but it still doesnt show it.

Took a look at the RemoteTech code, and there's a change in the 1.7.0 branch (which will still get reported in the log file as 1.6.7) that breaks contract configurator. I'm 99% sure this is the problem (that you inadvertently grabbed a pre-release RemoteTech). Please reinstall this one and try again.

Took a look at the RemoteTech code, and there's a change in the 1.7.0 branch (which will still get reported in the log file as 1.6.7) that breaks contract configurator. I'm 99% sure this is the problem (that you inadvertently grabbed a pre-release RemoteTech). Please reinstall this one and try again.

You're right! I reinstalled the latest version and it worked.

Thank you so much for helping :) Apologies for wasting your time.

You're right! I reinstalled the latest version and it worked.

Thank you so much for helping :) Apologies for wasting your time.

No problem - wish the RemoteTech folk changed the version numbers on their pre-releases - I would've been able to pick up on this one up a lot quicker. But now we know for next time. :)

• 3 weeks later...

This pack is great because I love actually earning money for building the networks :D

I did have a question though. For the Mun relay contract, I've got all the satellites in orbit I need and I constantly have a little check next to the 95% covered, but it's been like 2 weeks in game and I still haven't achieved the contract. If you could help me figure out what's up, that'd be great :)

If the network connection isn't reliable that could be causing a problem. If the connection drops the timer (I think it was 2 days) will reset. You can timewarp a little bit and watch it to see if this is the issue. I haven't heard of any bugs in this area in a while, but that's always a possibility.

Can you show me a screenshot of what it looks like either in flight or in the space center (with the contract app showing). That'll help determine what the actual issue is.

Yup, looks like I inadvertently broke this a few releases back in Contract Configurator. I've got a fix, but it won't be released for a week or so. You can try out the dev dll here (just overwrite the old one) - but it will only work for new contracts. For this one, you have permission to just complete it manually through the debug menu. ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.