How much KSP do you play per day?

mythbusters844

On average, how much KSP do you play per day?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. On average, how much KSP do you play per day?

• I rarely play at all
    • A few minutes
    • Around half an hour
    • More than an hour
    • 2+ hours
    • 4+ hours
    • 8+ hours
    • 12+ hours
    • Ashamed to admit
    • KSP is my life

According to Steam I bought the game 658 days ago and played it 619 hours. That makes a daily average of 56 minutes.

Bought the game 16 dec 2013.

By end Feb, I hit 1000 hours.

Of course, by now my ardour has cooled down, a lot. I would be suprised if I manage to break 120 hours in a month now.

depends on the day, when the last update was and how bored I was at work (I tend to start thinking up new designs and mission profiles when bored :P)

ranges from minutes to 1-2 hours, possibly more if it's a weekend/day off and I'm doing design tests. Especially on spaceplanes.

"right, just woke up and had breakfast. Let's just fire up KSP and try this one new design idea before I forget..."

*test: aircraft either explodes on runway or fails to properfly take off*

"oops, forgot struts. Let's try again"

*test: aircraft either still explodes on runway or fails to properfly take off*

"right, right, adjust center of mass and gear placement, silly me to forget again."

*cue a 10 minute+ flight into higher atmosphere before spinning out of control*

"okay it didn't work, but I'm sure making this small adjustment will TOTALLY make it work"

*cue another test*

"okay so the problem is not what I thought, it's something else. I'm sure THIS time I have it right though"

*LOTS more tests ...*

"right, I have a rough idea about the atmospheric flight, now to get to orbit and interplanetary"

*moar long-ass testing*

"whelp, we can get to orbit but not nearly efficient enough. I'll just adjust this little thing and I'm sure it'll be fine"

12 hours later

"okay, we can get to orbit and go interplanetary, we're TOTALLY going to make this!"

*plane flips out when entering atmosphere with empty tanks*

"huh.... oh dear is it evening already?"

When I first got KSP I played far far far too much. I played 8-16 hours a day for about 6 months. I reckon I easily did 1000+ hours in the first three months of having the game.

Now I mostly post on the forums and keep my Apollo lander compatible with the current version.

I try out the new career features and sometimes run though a career game but the hectic 'must play' feeling has gone.

Not as much as I'd like - if this game was out ten years ago when I had long stretches of free time, I would've put in a lot of hours into this game. These days, I only get to play on the rare occasions I'm on my own, with no place to drive people or work overtime to do...

Bought the game 16 dec 2013.

By end Feb, I hit 1000 hours.

Of course, by now my ardour has cooled down, a lot. I would be suprised if I manage to break 120 hours in a month now.

That's... 14 hours a day over 72 days, damn :sticktongue:

Myself, I'd say half an hour I guess. I don't play often, but when I do it's in 3-4 hour segments.

It's dropped off a little bit this year only because I've been playing Pokemon instead. I tend to be a "one game at a time" kind of guy.

With KSP I also don't tend to give it my full attention. I'll be browsing the web or watching a stream as well.

That's... 14 hours a day over 72 days, damn :sticktongue:

Bah!

Sleep is overrated!

Actually, this is nothing. When I first discovered Everquest, my time /played was 217 days. In the first calendar year.

Yes, that is 217 * 24 hours. Or just under 60% of that whole year, *including* sleep & work time.

The answer for me is "it depends".

Between 0.22 and 0.24, I logged about 2500-3500 hours in a relatively short time -I was playing it upwards 16-18 hours a day.

I barely played 0.25 (the difficulty sliders were 'too little, too late' for me) at all by comparison, plus lots of other interesting things were going on at that time.

I'm now somewhere between 0.22-0.24 and 0.25 play levels right now.

Like many others it depends with me. Lately I haven't been playing as much, but over the year I've had KSP, it probably averages out to 4+ hours a day. Currently about an hour a weekday, and 2+ on weekends. I have a couple things I've been wanting to work on in KSP though, so I'm going to play more.

Hard to estimate total time served on KSP... perhaps 800 hours or so in 6 months.

I enjoy playing KSP now that I have a new (modest) computer powerful enough to make it look smooth and beautiful in it's latest build. The frame rates are phenomenal, which is a testament to the fine skills of the dev team and the guys who make such awesome mods. :)

I think KSP is a wonderful and truly relaxing way to spend one's downtime. It's not violent or aggressive like many modern games, but truly serene and positive and promotes deep use of the "little grey cells". I've learned a great deal about the physics of space exploration in the last 6 months or so too.

I usually listen to some Joe Satriani or maybe a few episodes of my favourite podcasts (No Agenda, SE2KB...) while I'm playing. The hours just fly by at relativistic speeds.

I do like the regularity of new releases - that keeps the new features coming in without being too fast that it gets confusing.

Not sure how to answer this one, these days. :) I put "more than an hour". But honestly, I haven't "played" much since 0.24.2, since I'm now mostly just making parts. However, that's still "playing KSP" in a manner of speaking, and I still have to fire up KSP to test the parts. Only now am I toying around with career mode again.

Not sure how to answer this one, these days. :) I put "more than an hour". But honestly, I haven't "played" much since 0.24.2, since I'm now mostly just making parts. However, that's still "playing KSP" in a manner of speaking, and I still have to fire up KSP to test the parts. Only now am I toying around with career mode again.

That counts as playing! Nothing wrong with more nifty parts :)

I've tapered way down from what I used to. There's no major "I've got to play KSP today!" draw at the moment. It's mostly filler. Fire it up, chuck some Kerbals toward the Mun or Minmus, send a probe to Jool, some Seismic Science on Eve, and I've killed a couple hours. Then I'm bored.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.