Strange Goings On

pippaf1

Hi I'm not sure if this should be posted hear, if not I apologise. It seems that the forums have been compromised by a women's heath site. It takes me 2 to 3 attempts to get the forum site to stay stable. Anyone else having this problem?

You might also try looking at what plugins are installed in your browser. Once I accidentally installed an annoying bit of malware (not sure if this is the right term) that went undetected by my antivirus put advertisement links on various random words. I looked in the installed plugins settings in my browser and found one that claimed to be something to do with online games. I removed it and the ads went away.

Same thing here, I spent the better part of the day running Virus scans, anti-malware scans, updated the firmware in my router, changed web browsers, cleaned my registry... All to no avail, I am only incurring it on this site. I keep getting redirected to- http://lemode-mgz.com/fd/9701/special-report.html?voluumdata=vid..00000002-f71d-4655-8000-000000000000__vpid..25c5a000-987d-11e4-8c5d-941c5e5497bb__caid..421c6fa2-56dc-4806-b4... excetera, excetera, excetera... It is not a pop up, it is redirecting the tab from the forum title to "Special Report 2014: How to..." Then either a promo for "Fit Mom Daily" to photos of Dr. Oz, Ellen De Generate, Warren Buffet, etc. I have to keep clicking the back button to return to the forum page I was looking at. I don't think it is harmful per se, but it definitely is a PITA! All my scans came up empty. I did a Google search, and other people from other forum sites have been reporting the same strange goings on. A few times with Chrome I did get red screen with a warning that "this site has been reported as potential malware - do not enter personal information". But that notice came up two or three times, and only on Chrome, I get no warning with Firefox. It started for me today, and has probably occurred at least 50 to 60 times so far. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Only thing I can think of is maybe there's an unscrupulous advertisement going around with some redirect code embedded in it. If that's the case, we'd probably need to have Rows or maybe Alex take it up with Google -- I'm pretty sure the ad network the forums are on is AdSense.

Only thing I can think of is maybe there's an unscrupulous advertisement going around with some redirect code embedded in it. If that's the case, we'd probably need to have Rows or maybe Alex take it up with Google -- I'm pretty sure the ad network the forums are on is AdSense.

That might be it, since I've checked everything on my end (and it's all clean), and it always seems to be the same adsense ad every time in the top ad banner before I get redirected.

That might be it, since I've checked everything on my end (and it's all clean), and it always seems to be the same adsense ad every time in the top ad banner before I get redirected.

Do you think you can get a screenshot of that advertisement for us?

Happening again today and the page redirects so fast that sometimes I can't even see what ad it is at the top. Does anyone know how to stop redirects in Chrome... ? I can't find a good extension.

Depends how it's done. Off the top of my head, the most likely way to do it is with Javascript, so you might try disabling Javascript.

@Slashy -- much appreciated. :)

Yeah, just started happening to me 10 minutes ago. It's an advertiser with malicious code. I have it set to warn me of attempts to redirect. I'll report what I find.

Best,

-Slashy

*Edit* it's Lemode-mgz.com

It just redirects the user's browser to their website. Warning of attempted redirects doesn't seem to stop it.

This is driving me nuts! It stopped this morning while surfing between the Space X launch and these forums, but now it is back. Here are three captures of the pages that show up. Look at that URL address, when I highlighted on it and scrolled to the right, it goes on forever with a bunch of "...%Vx%5hJ%sPt%-Gw8%VuI%... etc, etc, etc" I hope this information helps to put this torture to and end!

Screenshot1_zps7adcac2b.png

Screenshot2_zpsf0861815.png

Screenshot3_zpsd6e07145.png

*update*

According to google, this was the result of a virus, but within the past couple days it started showing up on forums all over the place using adchoices and it's not onboard the browsing computer. Everyone reports the same thing; their browser is hijacked to lemode-mgz.com.

I'll see if updating my java and adobe flash fixes it.

... And another one. Well, so much for reading the forums today. No fun when I click on a post and constantly get redirected, I'll come back later today.

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag127/Antman68/Screenshot4_zpsb1b2d7ac.png

With no ads being loaded since about 3 minutes ago this shouldn't happen anymore :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.