Base building/usefulness mods?

I'm aware that there's a large number of mods that allow for in-situ resource gathering, ship building etc.

But what are the ones you would recommend? I plan on making a mission report for a base mission on Moho that I plan to make, but I don't know what mods I should get. Simply put, I want people who have done this to tell me what they've used. This will be in sandbox mode, because i'm too lazy to do it in Career. :D

Mods i'm thinking about:

• TAC life support (for life support killing kerbals, of course!)
  • Karbonite (refueling ships, also would add more base modules, also plenty of community made parts to support it.)
  • Extraplanetary launchpads (building ships there, but by the sound of it it seems complicated and MIGHT need Kethane to work best? Might be willing to ditch Karbonite for Kethane if this is the case.
  • ScanSAT, just because maps are awesome.
  • Kerbal attachment system, because then I can attach things while I attach other things to things.
  • informational mods, because information.
  • Kerbpaint, because then I can make rockets look nicer (I'll have screenshots in the mission report) EDIT; just read that it hasn't been updated since 0.23, so..

Any other recommended mods? Should I get mod A instead of mod B?

Discuss.

Edited by Norpo

Latin for "On Site".

i.e. To build a space station in-situ, you would launch components and dock them in orbit rather than trying to launch the whole thing at once prefabricated.

I always thought it meant "in-the-situation". XD. Learning new things everyday~

To OP - I recommend the whole Rover Dude's pack. You can explore and settle pretty much anywhere, even on an asteroid, with those mods. I also suggest remote tech for additional challenge, but also for reasons for manned base far away (so you don't get a 5 mins delay when you are trying to fly your exploration probes.)

Also, extraplanetary launch pad has been integrated into MKS/OKS, and both use Regolith now instead of Kerthane. So try that.

Station Science is also a good one, if you like to do some more science with your stations.

Edited by RainDreamer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.