...and suddenly, all craft (in career) become unflyable.

I was playing KSP yesterday, and it all went fine. Today, I loaded up my career save, and all of my craft have a tendency to roll when I try to tilt. They are also much more wobbly than yesterday. The pilot SAS cannot keep a straight heading (it doesn't even appear to try staying on course). Tried sandbox, and the craft there were fine. Are pilots in career mode worse at keeping straight when low level? Was this added in a recent hotfix or something? Also, I was using the Stayputnik (I believe it has no SAS). Yesterday, it had a small SAS stabilizing effect anyway. Today, it seems to almost try and move, even in space keeping a straight line is nigh-impossible (even when still, it starts to spin more and more quickly). What puzzles me is these craft worked fine yesterday!

Oh and btw I use FAR.

Edit: it seems the only way to get science at low tiers is satellite contracts. I can't land planes without wheels, I can't do a parachute landing (pilots can't repack chutes) for the 'Do x at y location on Kerbin' contracts.

Edited by Vectura

There are no hotfix that I have seen. And stayputnik doesn't have any SAS effect, it can't even start SAS because it doesn't have that module in the .cfg file. Might be aerodynamic problems from FAR. Did you just get FAR today?

You can also do survey/science contract that doesn't require you to land. Some of them just require taking results below/above certain altitudes.

My rocket today also started tilting at liftoff and I can't seem to fix it. I do know why it tilts, the fuel of one of the four outer engines depletes faster than its mirror counterpart. But I double checked fuel lines and put them back on one after the other and in mirror mode - nothing changes. I checked if there was engine clipping, nothing. I checked if I accidentally drained fuel or did something with a thrust limiter again nothing. And if I delete all the fuel lines it does fly straight.

Is there some known bug where fuel lines don't work properly anymore?

I had a similar problem earlier, all my craft kept flying to the left as if my A key was stuck. On close inspection, the small indicator in the bottom left corner that displays pitch, roll and yaw had a very small (like, one pixel) offset on the offending axis. Using trim controls - shift and 'D' in this case - fixed it back to normal.

For me though, it fixed itself when I restarted the game.

My rocket today also started tilting at liftoff and I can't seem to fix it. I do know why it tilts, the fuel of one of the four outer engines depletes faster than its mirror counterpart. But I double checked fuel lines and put them back on one after the other and in mirror mode - nothing changes. I checked if there was engine clipping, nothing. I checked if I accidentally drained fuel or did something with a thrust limiter again nothing. And if I delete all the fuel lines it does fly straight.

Is there some known bug where fuel lines don't work properly anymore?

Using modular fuel tanks by any chance?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.