Negative rep?!

longbyte1

For the first time on this forum, I saw somebody who received negative rep. What?! Last time I saw negative rep was when I was some stupid script kiddie over at the Wiremod forums and I ended up with two red bars. Ouch..

So, can moderators hand out negative rep now?

My personal guess is that someone pressed the wrong button. :D

or an administrator really didn't like someone

So, I guess the rep button, for administrators, has not only "I approve", but also "I disapprove"?

Oooh, things look different from the eyes of a moderator. :D

What do all those buttons do?

Lets see, I think "Promote to article" and "Blog this post" speak for themselves, then you get the small IP button which shows me which IP address was used to post that message, then you have the reputation 'star' icon and next to that the infraction button. Finally there's the report post button that you all have.

I have a strange desire to aquire red bars now :D
I wonder if you can collect them, like the green bars. And if you could eventually get orange bars and become an evil version of Red Iron Crown.

Yeah, when I found out someone had been given negative rep, I wanted some red bars... but Kasper wouldn't let me. :(

And nobody is sure if there are the negative version of the light green bars -- nobody's ever had that much negative reputation... heck, it's unlikely anyone ever will. We pretty much never use it. Kaspy seems to think that collecting red bars is indeed possible, however.

Edited by vexx32

You don't necessarily have to be a bad user to get negative rep. You might just be really good... too good...

Source: XKCD (Of course...)

<humour>What kind of programmer would use an int as a counter for a reputation system, on a globally used forum framework, without any overflow protection? Madness!</programmerhumour>

Now then, we need a volunteer to annoy the admins enough that they negative-rep all their posts.. Then perhaps, there could be one that could join the Light Red group? (I do not recommend trying this.)

(This post has been sponsored by Humour. Proud sponsor of the Internet, and Cats.)

AFAIK, the Squad account(s) have the highest rep. Good luck catching up them, much less exceeding them. :P

But I don't think there is an upper limit, at least one that can be easily reached; people occasionally give rep to the Squad accounts, and y'all can see they aren't red yet.

Yeah, when I found out someone had been given negative rep, I wanted some red bars... but Kasper wouldn't let me. :(

And nobody is sure if there are the negative version of the light green bars -- nobody's ever had that much negative reputation... heck, it's unlikely anyone ever will. We pretty much never use it. Kaspy seems to think that collecting red bars is indeed possible, however.

I must catch them all.... and become Green Iron Crown! With Red Rep Bars! Mwahahahaha.....

Ted gave negative rep because someone said it was disgusting that we were made to pay again for the EDU mod.

And seeing this kind of made me feel that it was a bit unjust especially since negrep is -5 points

But don't start the EDU war please.

But if you have a high rep power, one press of the rep button gives +5.

I have a strange desire to aquire red bars now :D

Zekes, if you want to do that, I could "hold on" to your green bars for you while you try it. ;)

One question though, theoretically is it possible to have so much negative rep, that the rep you give other people is negative as well?