Negative rep?!

longbyte1

Perhaps.

In any case, Kaspy's disabled the feature entirely for the present so it can't cause any more trouble. Shouldn't be any more shenanigans going around. :)

And here was me, happily thinking that you meant disable the entire reputation system with that statement...

Guess I was wrong.

Whaah???????

I concur with this statement.

Does the red rep system have titles like the green rep one? e.g "Allowed to draw blueprints"? But for red rep it would be - "Never allowed to hold a pen"

Yes! Though I don't think Negative rep should be a common thing, (we want this place to stay friendly, right?) this is a thing that should exist.

I actually think that certain users should be able to give negative rep. It should be only available to users with a reputation and post count above 100, to prevent abuse though.

I'll just have you know that I'm not too far from 100 and I would abuse the crap out of a negative rep button even though I barely ever touch the rep button right now.

Yeahhhhno. I mean, look at what happened when one or two people accidentally got given negative-rep. We have a five-page thread as a result of that. Granted, not all of it is complaining and freaking out, but it was at first.

As it currently stands, nobody has access to -rep, and that's probably the better way to do it. +rep is simply a much less troublesome metric. :)

I think negative repping is a Bad Idea. The potential for trolling, vendetta, and hurt feelings is immense. Better IMO that we can lift others up but not bring them down.

My (former) standing in a distant forum:

ZAxw91t.png

It's a lot better now but please don't look me up ;.;