Last Pilot stuck in orbit

If you have upgraded the Astronaut Complex, then you can have your pilot "get out and push" using his EVA jetpack. Right-click the pod and EVA him, press Space to let go of the capsule, then press R to activate the jetpack. W/S boosts him forwards and backwards, A/D side-to-side, and Left Shift/Left Control up and down. Have your kerbal give the pod a push to bring it into the atmosphere - just watch your EVA fuel level and don't hesitate to return to the pod if it gets too low.

That said, you don't need pilot-astronauts to steer your ships. Add a Probodobodyne OKTO (or better) and it will provide SAS functionality, letting your scientists and engineers concentrate on what they do best. Remember to add solar panels to power the probe core.

If you have upgraded the Astronaut Complex, then you can have your pilot "get out and push" using his EVA jetpack. Right-click the pod and EVA him, press Space to let go of the capsule, then press R to activate the jetpack. W/S boosts him forwards and backwards, A/D side-to-side, and Left Shift/Left Control up and down. Have your kerbal give the pod a push to bring it into the atmosphere - just watch your EVA fuel level and don't hesitate to return to the pod if it gets too low.

That said, you don't need pilot-astronauts to steer your ships. Add a Probodobodyne OKTO (or better) and it will provide SAS functionality, letting your scientists and engineers concentrate on what they do best. Remember to add solar panels to power the probe core.

I'm only at tree level 4, so I can't use probes yet. I tried doing as you said, with little succes. My lowest point in the orbit is currently at 66000M, and there was no significant change in the orbit when I pushed it. How long am I supposed to do it?

If you wait a few days, new pilots will become available for hire. You can also send up a rescue ship controlled by a probe core in order to retrieve your pilot.

How many days? I'm pretty impatient since I just picked up the game again, and of course I want to play it again as soon as possible :P.

Hello!

I've launched a rocket into orbit, and unfortunately I got out of fuel, so the kerbal is stuck. Unfortunately, he was also my last pilot. How can I get a new pilot? There is no pilot available for hire at the austronaut complex. :C.

Every kerbal can control rocket, not only pilots. The difficulty is that the automatic stabilization won't work, but it isn't impossible. Just something to learn and practice. Small tip: time warp in space stop spinning of a rocket.

I'm only at tree level 4, so I can't use probes yet. I tried doing as you said, with little succes. My lowest point in the orbit is currently at 66000M, and there was no significant change in the orbit when I pushed it. How long am I supposed to do it?

Then your fine, Atmosphere ends at 69km (69000m) so now it's just a waiting game.

Yeah, get into the capsule, and accelerate time. At 66km, the capsule WILL reenter.

Indeed. It might take 2-3 orbits for it to happen depending on your initial speed, but it most certainly will. Each time you go into Kerbin's atmosphere, it's going to slow you down proportional to your altitude, the lower you go, the more it will slow you. On your first one or two passes to perigee you'll see your apogee come down, but not enough. Eventually the apogee will be flipped, and your 66km will become the highest point in your orbit as the atmosphere slows you down each time around. At that point, you're golden.

How many days? I'm pretty impatient since I just picked up the game again, and of course I want to play it again as soon as possible k_tongue.gif.

In-game days. You can go to the Tracking Station and accelerate time, both to watch the above areobraking descent, and as well to force the Astronaut Complex to bring in a new batch of Kerbals.

Sorry if you already know all this OP.

Edited by klesh

In-game days. You can go to the Tracking Station and accelerate time, both to watch the above areobraking descent, and as well to force the Astronaut Complex to bring in a new batch of Kerbals.

Sorry if you already know all this OP.

The Aerobraking Descent WILL NOT occur unless you are focused on the vehicle, meaning you CANNOT use the tracking stations ability to time warp for it. (even if you select it in the tracking station it will still be on rails._

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.