[1.10.0] [1.4.5] Plane Mode - Swap Yaw/Roll in Flight

zengei

Hotkey assigned via UserSettings.cfg (in my case BackQuote) is not working at all... :(

Also a small request: it would be cool if we could assign Control Mode change to action groups (very useful for SSTO) :)

PS Despite aforesaid bug it's a great mod! ^_^

Edited by ZobrAA

Hotkey assigned via UserSettings.cfg (in my case BackQuote) is not working at all... :(

The example patch is incomplete, try:

@PLANEMODE:NEEDS[PlaneMode]
{
@TOGGLE_CONTROL_MODE
{
@primary = BackQuote
}
}

(Note the @ before primary) The example will be fixed in the next update.

Also a small request: it would be cool if we could assign Control Mode change to action groups (very useful for SSTO) :)

Good idea, that'll be in the next update.

• 3 months later...
Okay, so...

I installed Plane Mode, used it for a while, it worked great...

Then my game crashed while flying a plane.

Now the modes are reversed. Rocket mode has yaw and roll reversed, while Plane mode behaves like Rocket mode should.

Here's the thing...

I even tried uninstalling the mod, and the game, without the mod present, has its roll and yaw reversed! D:

I could obviously work around it, by switching the bindings in the game settings, but that's not really acceptable. :(

What could this have done, to permanently reverse the bindings, even if the mod is no longer installed, and how can I fix it!?

Thanks,
Firro

[quote name='FirroSeranel']I could obviously work around it, by switching the bindings in the game settings, but that's not really acceptable. :([/QUOTE]
No, that's the right thing to do. The mod literally just changes your settings in flight, if the game crashes there's no way to know what mode you were in.

[quote name='FirroSeranel']No, the settings are correct. They're only reversed in flight. It's like they're being changed in flight the instant it loads into the vehicle, even when the mod isn't installed.[/QUOTE]
That's not possible. Double check your settings, you need to set them to what you want them to be for rockets, not aircraft.

[quote name='FirroSeranel']I wonder what would happen if I make my settings file read-only...[/QUOTE]
That's not going to help anything.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

v1.4.3 released with KSP 1.2.0 compatibility.

On 9/29/2016 at 6:36 PM, Stratickus said:

I'm surprised this hasn't already been requested (I may have missed it), but any chance of Blizzy's Toolbar integration/support?

You didn't miss it, it hasn't been requested yet. As I don't use Blizzy's Toolbar myself I likely won't be adding support myself but I'd probably accept any pull request to do so.

Edited by zengei

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.