[1.1.3] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em - v1.2.5 July 3

OtherBarry

Does anyone know what could be causing all procedural parts to be prefixed with a 0? I assume it is due to another mod interfering somehow. Trying to track down which.

EDIT: SETI tech tree for anyone wondering.

0 prefixes are by SETIctt, so PPs do not change position in VAB list when new parts are researched.

Also, FAR now adds modules (havent used it for some time), which are broken by SETIctt at the moment (due to bad code from SETIctt), for some parts. I will correct this in the next SETIctt version.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,

Quick question. I'm playing on a bit of a custom mod soup, where I use realism overhaul without the re-scaling of parts. The capacity of non-procedural tanks is easily edited using .cfg files, but this means that similar sized procedural tanks have a much lower capacity. Is there a cheat parameter in the .cfg's that I could use to scale a procedural tanks' capacity?

Hi again, I think I just found that bug again. I build a rocket with 15kDv and got it to orbit. Later I wanted to start the same rocket again, but this time I use the corrected a part in the upper stages (used another thruster with the same propellant) and put the rest back on. Now for whatever reason kerbal engineer show only 13kDv, especially only 1.3kdV for the big first stage. I calculated it by hand and it was wrong.

I copied the rocket and rebuild the first and second stage exactly, now it showed 15.kDv again. I saved both versions of the craft (attached).

And I found that the incorrect version has only 44k of lqdHydorgen while the correct has 94k or something like that. While the incorrect weighted over 100t and the corrected version (the same rocket) only around 70t. When I remove all tanks and add them again, the problem is gone. Sorry that I cannot provide the exact steps to reproduce it.

Can I send or attach you the files somhow?

lqdHydrogen implies you are using some kind of resource mod. (RealFuels?) If you do so, PP does not touch the parts mass at all and the bug is most probably in beforementioned resource mod.

I'm seeing strange behavior with the latest update.

In the SPH, assemble a plane with procedural tanks. Center Of Mass shows in its normal position.

Save, launch, reload to editor -- center of mass is now far forward of its previous position.

Remove procedural tank, COM goes back to normal -- delete tank and rebuild it from scratch, and you start back at square one.

Seems to only be related to a procedural tank -- procedural structural element and procedural nosecones don't seem to give me the same behavior.

I can get some pictures and logs if needed -- I was just curious if I'm the only one seeing this behavior.

Might be the same problem as nablabla reported previously. Any other mods installed?

Hi,

Quick question. I'm playing on a bit of a custom mod soup, where I use realism overhaul without the re-scaling of parts. The capacity of non-procedural tanks is easily edited using .cfg files, but this means that similar sized procedural tanks have a much lower capacity. Is there a cheat parameter in the .cfg's that I could use to scale a procedural tanks' capacity?

Yes, look for the TankContentSwitcher module. There is a parameter named unitsPerT/unitsPerkL. If you are using RealFuels or ModularFuelSystem though, I don't know. But you should find help in the RO/RF threads.

I think im seeing this mod in alot of pictures and videos but i am wondering if there is a lite version? All i need is the procedural cylindrical tanks.

Edited by abowl

I think im seeing this mod in alot of pictures and videos but i am wondering if there is a lite version? All i need is the procedural cylindrical tanks.

They're not under different parts, you just right click to change the shape. And this mod is about as light as possible anyway.

I dont understand what you mean. There is alot of stuff in this mod. This does not make it light.

You can just write MM statements to disable the unwanted parts...

Edited by Yemo

I dont understand what you mean. There is alot of stuff in this mod. This does not make it light.

"light" as in little memory impact is what OtherBarry is referring to. You could actually delete pretty much all the tanks from stock KSP and replace them with procedurals, that makes them very powerful. If you want to restrict the available shapes, look into the part.cfg's, it is not hard to figure out what does what.

Great mod!

I don't use realfuels, but I do use GPOspeedfuelpump (which is goodspeed continued, as I understand it). I preferred that over TAC fuel balancer, because I prefer context menus to menus. Perhaps if I switched, it would solve my issues.

I've found that the procedural tanks in this mod can't use the GPO pumping options, and don't have them available in the tank's context menu.

Further, you can't manually transfer fuel between a tank that has the GPO "pump" option enabled (using alt+rmb and in/out buttons).

I might be wrong in calling it that, it's the one in the context menu above/beside balance.

One workaround is to turn "pump" and "balance" off on the non-procedural tank. This will allow you to manually transfer fuel, presumably using the stock fuel pumping system.

Would be cool if this mod integrated with GPO, but you guys probably have more important priorities.

Thanks again for the great mod!

I need help. When I right click on a procedural part It will not let me change color/shape of the part, and The curve types. I know you can do this because I've seen a mod review where is the reviewer does this. (See below) I would appreciate it if you could help me.

Link here:

Screenshot0aeeSYZ.jpg

Edited by RoketMan
failed the first time at adding a screenshot

And I could use some help as well.

I'm busy with this:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

But I can't complete it because:

1X4GoFl.png

But when I try to add parts beyond a certain part count, everything lags, easily half a minute, or even minutes. Even with a fresh install. When trying to load the latest versions it even hangs KSP and I alt-F4 after 5 minutes. Is there a way to disable this drag computing? I only want it to happen when it loads into the game, not the editor.

Trying to play RO with this, and the decoupler won't stage...it goes to the Left of the staging icons, and I can pick it up and drag it up and down but it stays out of all the stage numbered areas, and if I try to launch it's not included in any stage and cannot be activated...

Trying to play RO with this, and the decoupler won't stage...it goes to the Left of the staging icons, and I can pick it up and drag it up and down but it stays out of all the stage numbered areas, and if I try to launch it's not included in any stage and cannot be activated...

Sounds like its not attaching properly.

Only am scratching the surface of the mod but having an incredible amount of fun with it, thanks!:)

Question: I've been seeing crafts that use the textures from this mod on stock parts so that the entire vehicle matches in texture.

Is there an add-on for this? Have they manually applied them to these parts, am I missing something?

I think I have a bug to report; I'm scared because it's so similar to others that already have solutions. Here goes:

Description: "Shape" right-click UI element only rarely appears (i.e. about 1 in 10 new designs)

Mod version: 1.1.7 (0)

KSP version: 1.0.4

Attempted solutions (none have worked):

1) Based on this thread, I checked each mod for KSPAPIExtensions.dll and verified version (all are at v1.7.5; three mods have this file, none have older versions)

2) Wrote a ModuleManager config to overwrite all of the techRequired elements:

@PART[*] 
{
@MODULE[ProceduralShape*]
{
@techRequired = start
}
}

On the next startup, I validated that my "modules editted" value increased by some number.

3) I took a part which DID have the "shape" menu (procedural tank), ALT+LeftClick'd to create a copy, added it as a sub-assembly. When pulling from the sub-assembly menu, the part loses the "shape" UI element.

4) Used Alt+F12 to refresh the techtree.

Other details: All other UI elements show. Parts that already show the "shape" UI element, still allow the shape to be changed.

EDIT: Sigh... I posted five minutes too soon. "Reload Parts and Rebuild Tree" worked. The "shape" UI element has returned!

DOUBLE EDIT: IT'S GONE AGAIN!! Reloading and rebuilding the tech tree works once, and then the "shape" UI element is gone on scene change.

TRIPLE EDIT: The Xenon tank "shape" menu shows 100% of the time, so I opened both .cfg files to compare. Then I realized I shouldn't even have access to Xenon tanks!! I guess it's time for a clean KSP install.

OVER EDIT!!: Figured it out. Something corrupted my "ModuleManager.TechTree". I restored it from a different install and it seems okay. Context menus are back.

Edited by FlexGunship

I need help. When I right click on a procedural part It will not let me change color/shape of the part, and The curve types. I know you can do this because I've seen a mod review where is the reviewer does this. (See below) I would appreciate it if you could help me.

Link here:

Screenshothttp://i.imgur.com/0aeeSYZ.jpg

Same here. This is my gamedata folder: http://imgur.com/B1InSXs http://imgur.com/B1InSXs http://imgur.com/i4AZT7f

the debug menu gives me this: [Error]: ItemPrefab for control type 'UI_ChooseOption' not found

Quick question. On the CKAN I think I found this mod, but it says there the author is called ItMustBeACamel. I tried to search this thread for that name (or anything with just "camel") but it didn't show anything. Is the one listed on the CKAN a copy, or did OtherBarry just upload it there under another user name?

Quick question. On the CKAN I think I found this mod, but it says there the author is called ItMustBeACamel. I tried to search this thread for that name (or anything with just "camel") but it didn't show anything. Is the one listed on the CKAN a copy, or did OtherBarry just upload it there under another user name?

I think RadarManFromTheMoon = ItMustBeACamel

I'm seeing strange behavior with the latest update.

In the SPH, assemble a plane with procedural tanks. Center Of Mass shows in its normal position.

Save, launch, reload to editor -- center of mass is now far forward of its previous position.

Remove procedural tank, COM goes back to normal -- delete tank and rebuild it from scratch, and you start back at square one.

Seems to only be related to a procedural tank -- procedural structural element and procedural nosecones don't seem to give me the same behavior.

I can get some pictures and logs if needed -- I was just curious if I'm the only one seeing this behavior.

I am also having this issue and can reproduce it easily. It makes building a plane impossible with procedural tanks as the COM is always skewed.

Downloaded this again yesterday after a looong hiatus and was surprised to see my textures still there (I cringe at that fake looking polished Atlas texture I made..it needs more work!). <3

I may do some more since I'm back playing. Anyone has a request?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.