[1.1.3] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em - v1.2.5 July 3

OtherBarry

Bell on my SRB's ends up in strange places.
Rough way I have been reproducing the bug: Taking large SRB section/etc off my craft, adding 2.5 to 3.75m cone and 3.75m cylinder procedural tanks to my ship (cylinder seems fine, cone seems the problem..), then reattaching SRB's, saving and reloading craft.

[B]Changelog[/B]

[LIST]
[*]Fixed drag cube calculation when root part
[*]altered procedural liquid fuel tank tech restrictions slightly to account for the new mk0 fuselage
[*]added bulkhead profiles to parts that needed them (thanks Kerbas-ad-Astra)
[*]fixed Solid Fuel Rocket when used with ModularEngineConfig (RealFuels) (thanks CorvusCorax)
[*]removed an annoying debug message I accidentally left in the code (stdCost:) (thanks ckwng)
[/LIST]

[quote name='Luis_N_8']I had the same problem but now after i fixed it there are way to much heating effects in the atmosphere and it's showing red flames even at 2000 m/s at 60 km and at launch where never red flames were.
I'm using RO/RSS/RP-0
Thx[/QUOTE]

ProceduralParts has nothing to do with reentry heating effects

[quote name='BlackMoons']Bell on my SRB's ends up in strange places.
Rough way I have been reproducing the bug: Taking large SRB section/etc off my craft, adding 2.5 to 3.75m cone and 3.75m cylinder procedural tanks to my ship (cylinder seems fine, cone seems the problem..), then reattaching SRB's, saving and reloading craft.[/QUOTE]

Known problem. I will see what I can do about it.

[quote name='kronicus']Uhm, may I ask what's causing this booger? :c [URL]https://imgur.com/UOiFpHF[/URL][/QUOTE]

An outdated KSPAPIExtension.dll. At least one of your mods is outdated/incompatible or not installed correctly.

So after some looking and poking within my install, I'm stumped on why I can't use any of the default textures for my parts. When I originally installed procedural parts on this install of KSP, no textures were available, with the texture selector simply reading **Not Found**. Due to the graceful nature of the failure, I assumed (never assume) that this meant that the textures had been trimmed out into optional packages to save memory and went ahead and downloaded the packs, all of which show up just fine. Unfortunately, this is obviously not the case, as all the default textures exist, but for some reason are not being read by the game. My search-fu skills may be rusty, but I've been unable to come up with leads through this thread, so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction for correcting this as the default gold foil is what I used on pretty much all of my probes in the past.

Thanks

After a lot of bashing my head against a wall, I was able to find the culprit. In this case, it's a texture config in the SETI Balance mod that completely wipes out the original textures by attempting to load textures from a folder that doesn't exist. I'll let them know on that thread what I've found, but leave this here in case anyone else runs into the same issue. Edited by SpacedInvader

[quote name='RadarManFromTheMoon']
Known problem. I will see what I can do about it.
[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://Hate to be that guy but if its a known problem... Fix it!"]Hate to be that guy.. But if its a known problem, Fix it! :cool:[/URL]

Without 2.5M+ SRB's, SRB's seem so useless late game. And there are no stock 2.5M SRB's.

I'm wanting to use PP tanks in combination with RF lead ballast as procedural balance weights, but I'm running into a problem where I can't make them small enough. I've tried reducing the minimum diameter, length, and volume through the configs, but I can never get the volume to go below 1L, which is still too big to be an effective balance weight. Is there a way to allow the volume to go below 1L?

1 minute ago, NathanKell said:

Just...don't fill the tank all the way with lead? :P

That much I already figured, but I'm wanting to limit the physical size of the tank to match the contents. Some of my satellites need as little as 1kg of balance weight, yet the smallest tank I can make is 10x that capacity, so it ends up being much larger / harder to work with than it needs to be.

1 hour ago, SpacedInvader said:

That much I already figured, but I'm wanting to limit the physical size of the tank to match the contents. Some of my satellites need as little as 1kg of balance weight, yet the smallest tank I can make is 10x that capacity, so it ends up being much larger / harder to work with than it needs to be.

Proc Part's isn't really designed for such things. You're better off using one of the may weight mods. Or the other option is you could fill the rest of your tank with Fuel, RCS Propellant or Electricity.

3 minutes ago, OtherBarry said:

Proc Part's isn't really designed for such things. You're better off using one of the may weight mods. Or the other option is you could fill the rest of your tank with Fuel, RCS Propellant or Electricity.

What weight mods? I've searched for them as recently as Saturday and have only ever come up with the NRAP, though there was a "roll of quarters" mod a couple years ago as well. If there is an actual trim / balance weight mod somewhere that has adjustable weight, or at least multiple weight options, please point me toward it.

Edited by SpacedInvader

4 hours ago, Dermeister said:

HEy guys I'm playing campaign mode and the RCS Procedural thank doesn't want to shrink  like the LFO tanks do. Yet in None campaign mode the RCS tanks can be shrunk into little cute RCS tank balls. Bug? Any solution?

How far are you into the tech tree? PP has tech limitations for shrinking just like growing and individual parts are often different. 

I'm hanging trying to load the game, on Proceduralparts/.../RFSRB.CFG

I'm also on the 1024 version, is that my problem? I've installed RO+dependencies as well as a few others. Have not had the issue before using PP with 1.0.5.1024, only now that I've installed RO.

EDIT: Moved to 1028 and the issue is gone

Edited by Nnimrod

On 11/30/2015, 6:27:50, allenby said:

My debug log is being constantly spammed in flight with messages like:

[Log]: proceduralTankRealFuels area: 3.45363555815887

Is there any way to turn these off?

That's a Real Fuels message and it's my fault.

It'll be fixed the next time an RF update is released :/

Hey, quick suggestion. Apologies if it's already been suggested and binned. Also apologies if it's more a real fuels thing or even tacls.

Life support procedural tank. Is there anyway to incorporate a "days" tally? I'm already thinking of the problems with this as I'm typing tbh.

I did think that dropping a tank and being able to increase size by "days worth of life support" would be useful, but how would mod know whether you want to go diameter or length. Also, how would it know how many kerbals you need life support for. I think it would be cool, but I already think it may be too much coding.

I was messing around and wanted a life support tank installed with no kerbals (joining at a later date) and had no idea how much I needed. Of course, the solution was to throw a kerballed pod and check tacls, but seems a little convoluted.

Well, think about it anyway =D

Edited by Pronoes

On 12/1/2015, 3:55:34, Dermeister said:

This far.207waiq.jpg

But the part is stuck at it's max size feels like something is weird but perhaps I dint research it yet.

Hmm, based on the config, you should have gotten some smaller sizes once you got to advanced fuel systems. Might be worth looking into your config to see if its still the same?

I'm not really a pro at knowing where the config is ect and knowing what it should look like ect ect. But I installed a fresh version of ksp 1.0.5 and I don't have a lot of mods. Only Procedural fairings, procedural parts,Realchutes with FAR, KIS and Kerbal recruitment mod.. that's it. I don't mess around with any files.

Also worth noting that it's only Not letting me adjust the size at all in campaign..... if I do sand box it works.

Edited by Dermeister

On 12/3/2015, 3:20:54, Dermeister said:

I'm not really a pro at knowing where the config is ect and knowing what it should look like ect ect. But I installed a fresh version of ksp 1.0.5 and I don't have a lot of mods. Only Procedural fairings, procedural parts,Realchutes with FAR, KIS and Kerbal recruitment mod.. that's it. I don't mess around with any files.

Also worth noting that it's only Not letting me adjust the size at all in campaign..... if I do sand box it works.

So it's not letting you resize the part at all, or only withing certain limits? I doesn't look like you've installed anything that would affect the tech requirements, but it might be worth trying to test a clean install with only PP to see if you're getting the same behavior.

20 hours ago, Dermeister said:

I just did and it's still doing it. :( But when I go to Sand box, The parts work fine and resize.

These are the limits for advanced fuel systems:

diameterMin = 1.75
diameterMax = 3.0
lengthMin = 0.75
lengthMax = 2.0
volumeMin = 2.0
volumeMax = 6.0

Next step is Meta Materials (which actually repeals all size restrictions). So its not a bug but weird balancing and I will take care of it in the next update. Until then you can change the limts by editing this file

\GameData\ProceduralParts\Parts\Tanks\2TankRCS.cfg

Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 hour ago, RadarManFromTheMoon said:

These are the limits for advanced fuel systems:

Next step is Meta Materials (which actually repeals all size restrictions). So its not a bug but weird balancing and I will take care of it in the next update. Until then you can change the limts by editing this file

\GameData\ProceduralParts\Parts\Tanks\2TankRCS.cfg

Sorry for the inconvenience.

No need to be sorry. Simply trying to trouble shoot and find what's wrong so it can be fixed! Also I have advanced fuel systems .... it's only letting me go bigger a little bit << this normal? It spawns a huge tank to which I can enlarge even more but only by 2 clicks. Which from looking at your previous post it's behaving as it should... I cant make little RCS tank balls like I can in Sandbox but Max is 3m.... like you posted above.. So my guess is this is intended? and if I continue to unlock In the fuel lines ect eventually I will be able to make tiny RCS tanks?

7eecMWh.jpg

Edited by Dermeister