[1.1.3] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em - v1.2.5 July 3

OtherBarry

4 minutes ago, Dermeister said:

No need to be sorry. Simply trying to trouble shoot and find what's wrong so it can be fixed! Also I have advanced fuel systems .... it's still not letting me adjust size ect.

So you can not change size at all? Only on RCS tanks or also on other procedural tanks? Would be great if you could provide a screenshot with openend right-click-menu and a logfile. Because I just made a test and I could make the tank bigger, but not smaller than 1.75 meter.

8 minutes ago, RadarManFromTheMoon said:

So you can not change size at all? Only on RCS tanks or also on other procedural tanks? Would be great if you could provide a screenshot with openend right-click-menu and a logfile. Because I just made a test and I could make the tank bigger, but not smaller than 1.75 meter.

Look o nthe previous page I edited my old post... Sorry I din't see your new post till now. Things changed since you saw my old reply so I already provided a screenshot and I realized new things. I think your mod works as intended I was just too dumb to realize it sooner.

21 minutes ago, Dermeister said:

No need to be sorry. Simply trying to trouble shoot and find what's wrong so it can be fixed! Also I have advanced fuel systems .... it's only letting me go bigger a little bit << this normal? It spawns a huge tank to which I can enlarge even more but only by 2 clicks. Which from looking at your previous post it's behaving as it should... I cant make little RCS tank balls like I can in Sandbox but Max is 3m.... like you posted above.. So my guess is this is intended? and if I continue to unlock In the fuel lines ect eventually I will be able to make tiny RCS tanks?

7eecMWh.jpg

I'm sorry for the whole oopla I think that because the mod doesn't behave as it does in sand box when I played campaign mode I thought something was wrong. I only realized it was doing what it was intended to do when you posted the Config parameters and saw that the numbers in game matched your config paramaters.. my bad! I'm the 1 who should apologize!

Edited by Dermeister

11 minutes ago, RadarManFromTheMoon said:

@Dermeister No worries. The thing is, PP is behaving correctly like the config file specifies. But the specification itself is not good. The minimum size should be at least as small as the smallest available stock tank. So thanks for the report. I will post a fix soon.

Thankyou :) It does seem to make sense that the PP part could be as small as the Stock part or atleast as small as those round Stock RCS tanks! :) I love PP RCS tanks because I can make Tiny little Sphere RCS tanks to place at the bottom of stages ect like you can do in Sandbox! :) So as logn as u can reach the level of Freedom with PP that you can in sandbox ( even if you have to unclock it) I will be happy :)

Edited by Dermeister

On 2.12.2015, 19:48:21, Pronoes said:

I did think that dropping a tank and being able to increase size by "days worth of life support" would be useful, but how would mod know whether you want to go diameter or length. Also, how would it know how many kerbals you need life support for. I think it would be cool, but I already think it may be too much coding.

Right, thats pretty much the problem. :D Also: PP only provides the container for the resources, but does not "know" about consumption rates. That info should be provided by the life support mod.

Is it common for each PP part config to generate something similar to:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I'm not at home for the moment to provide more details or do more research, but I thought I could ask if it was a known thing at least.

Thank you

On 10.12.2015, 14:40:06, Aivoh said:

Is it common for each PP part config to generate something similar to:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I'm not at home for the moment to provide more details or do more research, but I thought I could ask if it was a known thing at least.

Thank you

Can not say much about it without a logfile

Apologies busy week with the holidays and all.

Did a clean Install with only the Procedural Parts 1.1.9 and module manager 2.6.13.

The errors still appear after module manager runs when part loader begins.

KSP.LOG

http://pastebin.com/L9pLnj2H or http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=26178832206776032799

output_log.txt

http://pastebin.com/DJKL5PKy or http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=32654992331759420094

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Same here Aivoh. It doesn't seem to be detrimental in anyway. I just like to keep my debug red free as much as possible so if I can clear that one up it'd be great.

Edit: Whatever happened to fuel tank utilization?

Edited by Motokid600

ProceduralParts 1.1.11 released

Changelog:

=== 1.1.11 ===
Recalculate drag cubes even if FAR is installed. Fixes broken thermal and buoyancy calculations
No longer recalculates drag cubes while in editor (set ProceduralPart{updateDragCubesInEditor=true} to reenable)

=== 1.1.10 ===
Added ModuleToggleCrossfeed to procedural decoupler
tweaked monoprop tech constraints
Fire onVesselModified event after recalculating drag cubes. This hopefully solves a bug where pparts don't properly get occluded by other parts

46 minutes ago, RadarManFromTheMoon said:

ProceduralParts 1.1.11 released

Changelog:

=== 1.1.11 ===
Recalculate drag cubes even if FAR is installed. Fixes broken thermal and buoyancy calculations
No longer recalculates drag cubes while in editor (set ProceduralPart{updateDragCubesInEditor=true} to reenable)

=== 1.1.10 ===
Added ModuleToggleCrossfeed to procedural decoupler
tweaked monoprop tech constraints
Fire onVesselModified event after recalculating drag cubes. This hopefully solves a bug where pparts don't properly get occluded by other parts

Yay \o/.. now to see if this clears up those pesky (NullReferenceException) errors. :)

Edited by Aivoh

6 minutes ago, Aivoh said:

Yay \o/.. now to see if this clears up those pesky (NullReferenceException) errors. :)

It doesn't. The hotfix was important, and since the exceptions do not seem to do any harm. I will deal with them later.

Edited by RadarManFromTheMoon

I'm having having an issue of not loading the default textures in 1.05. For some reason the texture packs load, but the default textures do not. I think it has something to do with the DDS files, the texture packs are JPG or PNG files.

15 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

There appears to be a conflict with ProceduralParts and connected living space, with CLS installed procedural parts can't be resized.

I was unable to reproduce the problem on a fresh install with only PP and CLS installed. Please make sure KSP and all your mods are up to date. Also: When reporting bugs please be as specific and precise as possible. Can't be resized can mean a lot of things. Does resizing the part has no effect? are the controls for resizing missing? In case of missing controls: This is an error caused by an incompatible KSPAPIExtensions.dll. Please make sure all your mods that contain this file are up to date. Reinstalling them completely might be a good and clean solution to ensure that.

1 hour ago, Sovek said:

I'm having having an issue of not loading the default textures in 1.05. For some reason the texture packs load, but the default textures do not. I think it has something to do with the DDS files, the texture packs are JPG or PNG files.

Are you using SETI balance mod? If so, there is a post regarding this error a few pages back in the thread.

3 hours ago, RadarManFromTheMoon said:

I was unable to reproduce the problem on a fresh install with only PP and CLS installed. Please make sure KSP and all your mods are up to date. Also: When reporting bugs please be as specific and precise as possible. Can't be resized can mean a lot of things. Does resizing the part has no effect? are the controls for resizing missing? In case of missing controls: This is an error caused by an incompatible KSPAPIExtensions.dll. Please make sure all your mods that contain this file are up to date. Reinstalling them completely might be a good and clean solution to ensure that.

Yeah, sorry. All controls appear as they should, but when you change width length or shape, the model doesn't change. It could be another mod adding another interaction, there's a few installed, but adding CLS makes the problem occur, removing it fixes it. I'll try and dig a little, there were some errors in the logs which I should have also provided...

So I'm building rockets with physical, separate LX/Ox tanks and procedural fairings for walls. I noticed that despite having two different amounts of fuel the tanks have the same length unlike real life. And for some reason that's the perfect ratio. All I have to do is make it so each tank is the same length and the LF/Ox ratio is perfect. Adding any extra length to one tank only reduces Dv. 

Is this intended behavior?

I've tried it with MFT, but that seems to get rid of the tank switch option where instead its replaced by the MFT gui. And for some reason dry mass is higher then when not using MFT. However I didn't notice if my tanks were different sizes ( as they should be ) I'm just trying to achieve something closer to real life. 

Also, whatever happened to fuel tank utilization? I was under the assumption that if I'm building rockets this way I can crank utilization up to like 95%, but that feature is missing.

25 minutes ago, StoryMusgrave said:

Like any good 'bug report'. Please describe replication steps. Otherwise people are guessing.

Installed mods? Just stock plus PP? We don't know.

Was this intended to me? Sorry if not. Not reporting a bug. Inquiring about functionality.

Edited by Motokid600

Hm, maybe a better a description is in order.

Heres what I'm doing.

Wrl6pzu.jpg

See the issue?

foNcZTe.jpg

The top tank has 687 units of oxidizer. The lower has 563 units of liquid fuel. The ratio is correct. If I expand or shrink either tank I lose Dv. But despite containing different amounts of fuel the two tanks are the same exact dimensions. Where as in real life the oxidizer tank is much smaller. Is this normal for procedural parts? Or is there indeed a bug here? If that's the case then I will go about a proper bug report on a fresh install. Now I understand KSP isn't real life. However before moving onto RO/RSS I wanted to perfect this design style with the stock fuels first. Because something tells me my solution here is Real Fuels.

I would also like to know whatever happened to the tank utilization feature.

Edited by Motokid600

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.