[1.1.3] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em - v1.2.5 July 3

OtherBarry

hi, since the last CKAN update my game does not load. It hangs when loading the "\GameData\ProceduralParts\Parts\ZOtherMods\RFSRB\proceduralSRBRealFuels

I have procedurals parts installed as a requirement for RP-0

When I rename the file RFSRB.cfg it loads but then there are no SRB sin the game and the engines have no staging / everything weierd.

In the git repository, it does not seem that the RFSRB.cfg has changed in any way for 2 month. Any suggestions?

Best regards, keep the good work up!

Edited by nablabla

So I love this mod. one of my must haves. I've built so many things with this and procedural fairings and now got procedural wings. And when 1.1tm comes out I'm gonna just want to really see this be updated then. but aside my opinions to the future of this mod. In upcoming updates, are there going to be possibly round shapes? I know you can make then with the fillet cylinder shape but it does take some fiddling to make.

The Procedural tanks still reset any changes you make to their contents using Modular Fuel Tanks.  Modular fuel tanks doesn't support tweakscale, so I'd like to be able to use this mod to make custom tanks instead, but the modular fuel tank setup still gets overwritten every time the part is resized or the craft file is reloaded.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible that Procedural Parts may cause memory leaks if used en masse? I am in early stages of my career (max procedural tank size is around 1.325*1.5 m) and when I try to load my heavier rocket (which consists of ~20 such tanks) the game gets memory usage spikes up to 200-300 MB per start. Since my installation loads up with around 2.9 GB of memory used when I enter KSC, the whole game then spirals into a rapid crash.

I do admit I run quite a few of mods (including stuff like KCT and Dynamic Texture Loading), so it might have something to do with mods getting incompatible. My prime suspect is the Texture Reloading mod, but I don't know how to check it and since it's better at keeping my installation running than ATM, I'm not willing to give it up.

I'll try using regular tanks next time I run KSP and see if the game still has leak issues. Alternatively, I'll try ATM and/or do the classic mod purging to save up some memory...

Very excellent mod!

Is there known compatibility issues between this mod and 64k/SMURFF? Reason to ask is, I noticed if you use a KSP stock tank of the same size, the PP will have less fuel and Delta V. So basically, if I built a Procedural Tank the same size as 2 orange tanks on top of each other, the PP had about 1,700 m/s less Delta V. 

Just a few quick requests...  I see some of them have been mentioned before so just adding in my vote for them as well.

crew section ( or maybe I should ask the fuel tank switcher guys to add crew as a fuel type?)

reactor

RGU

KIS Storage

a new shape that matches the Mk 2 parts

and one of my biggest things is that the stock tanks have small details like lips on the top and pipes down the side (orange tank thing).  would it be possible to make a compound shape thing that had this lip, and pipes down the side etc.

Edited by Bit Fiddler

I'm a bit frustrated. I love this mod but whenever I make an even moderately sized craft (<50 parts) and launch it, it causes serious memory leaks using up to 3,500 mb of memory and stalls for more than 2 minutes. I proved this by removing the mod and making a new craft with an equal amount of parts, and it loaded in seconds. Also, whenever I pick up a Procedural Part, I get 2-3 seconds of unexplainable lag. Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: It seems that I am not the only one having this problem, Astraph above had this problem and there is a ticket on github about it:

https://github.com/Swamp-Ig/ProceduralParts/issues/147

Edited by Yoshidude
Context

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/03/2016 at 10:49 PM, nosirrbro said:

Can we hope to get a 1.1 version soon?

It appears that updating to 1.1 for procedural parts is going to be non-trivial. Looking at the code it makes extensive use of KSPAPIExtensions, which I believe isn't being updated to 1.1, largely because most of the relevant parts have been integrated into 1.1.

However Proceduralparts relies heavily on the part messaging system in KSPAPIE, which I believe is not being added to stock. Meaning that in order to get it working with 1.1, there will need to be a fairly major rewrite, or so it seems to me.

2 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

It appears that updating to 1.1 for procedural parts is going to be non-trivial. Looking at the code it makes extensive use of KSPAPIExtensions, which I believe isn't being updated to 1.1, largely because most of the relevant parts have been integrated into 1.1.

However Proceduralparts relies heavily on the part messaging system in KSPAPIE, which I believe is not being added to stock. Meaning that in order to get it working with 1.1, there will need to be a fairly major rewrite, or so it seems to me.

Thats correct. PP depends on KSPAPIExtensions which is not going to be updated to 1.1. However, in the KSPAPIExtensions thread taniwha mentioned a solution he is going to test with Modular Fuel Tanks to replace the message handling functionality.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.