[1.1.3] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em - v1.2.5 July 3

OtherBarry

On 30/05/2016 at 3:50 AM, RevanCorana said:

Suggestion: add an "offset slider" to adjust the position of the point of a cone so that you can a shape like this

Oft requested feature. The issue is, Proc Parts shape making code is based on surfaces of revolution. Effectively meaning that you can make whatever shape you like, as long as it is perfectly symmetrical horizontally, and doesn't include any holes or anything.

Unfortunately, this mod is only being maintained by RadarManFromTheMoon and NathanKell as neither have the time to update and improve it for reasons other than it ceasing to function. So until someone comes along and volunteers their time and effort to rewrite the shape defining portion of the code, there most likely won't be any chance of offset cones and the like. I'll probably have the time myself in exactly 5 months, but I'll still have to learn C# and how KSP modding works, which at my skill level is probably a lengthy process.

17 hours ago, OtherBarry said:

Oft requested feature. The issue is, Proc Parts shape making code is based on surfaces of revolution. Effectively meaning that you can make whatever shape you like, as long as it is perfectly symmetrical horizontally, and doesn't include any holes or anything.

For offsets you'd apply a transformation after you generate the shape - pretty simple for a straight-sided cone because you'd just have to move one vertex, it gets a bit more awkward for domes although as it's something 3d packages do already there should be algorythms around to borrow ... however if you're lofting a shape on a circular path then doing sliced shapes should be quite simple. Either way what already exists fills a big hole :)

13 hours ago, Van Disaster said:

For offsets you'd apply a transformation after you generate the shape - pretty simple for a straight-sided cone because you'd just have to move one vertex, it gets a bit more awkward for domes although as it's something 3d packages do already there should be algorythms around to borrow ... however if you're lofting a shape on a circular path then doing sliced shapes should be quite simple. Either way what already exists fills a big hole :)

Yea that would be very useful for plane fuselage in FAR since when flying level there is a slight aoa.

Meanwhile we can just rotate the wings a little bit instead.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2015 at 11:47 AM, drtedastro said:

Hello to all.

I am trying to find a SM ( Service Module ) tank type. I 'thought' there used to be a tanktype that allowed all of the components liquid fuel, oxy, electricity, etc to be done into a single tank.

where did that go, or where can i find that again.

Thanks for any help

Cheers.

Yeah the tanktypes don't seem to function any more for me either.  I can only use 'Default'.  I seem to remember Balloon, cryogenic, structural, rcs, etc

Hi all,

i have a problem when using the offset tool on parts that are attached to a procedural tank. More exactly, I have a procedural battery and a stock structural fusalage on top of it. Using the offset tool to slide the fuselage down (in order to hide the battery inside it), this part will start to snap to strange positions and I can't center it back in anyway. Using the offset tool to slide the battery inside the fuselage works fine, but I can't use this solution for rocket design problems.

Any help with this problem?

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, dlrk said:

This seems to work fine in 1.1.3, except cost is displayed as zero (it is not, it adds to the cost of the vessel, but isn't displayed on the right click menu)

As well as the complaining at startup about it not being compatible

17 hours ago, helcustom said:

I have a question? Is there a way to use procedural tanks as life support tanks or no?

Yes it has tanks specifically for life support. They work with tac, not sure about the other life support mods. 

I'm having an issue which I suspect is caused by this mod. Upon trying to load certain vessels, the game will hang until I kill ksp_64.exe. This generates no crash folder obviously so the only thing I have to go on is the KSP.txt log which ends with about 50,000 lines of "[LOG <timestamp>] PartChildAttached" occurring at increments of about 1 millisecond. A search for this term raises only the ProceduralParts github where I found it in some of the code. Any ideas about what might be causing this, and why it's only happening with a select few ships, even though both working and broken craft use procedural parts? I'll investigate further, try a reinstall, etc and see if I can't figure it out but I'm afraid I don't have anything concrete enough to submit a bug ticket about yet.

hey i have a suggestion. have u thought of scalable mk2 and other fuselage type parts? so you can scale how long they are, and maybe there crossections aswell, so you can have a mk2 that is twice the size of a standard mk2, and maybe also possible too adapt from mk2 and other fuselage types (maybe even modded) into other fuselage types, like mk3 and etc. and maybe also have some modded fuselages available too, maybe?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.