[1.1.3] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em - v1.2.5 July 3

OtherBarry

This may have been addressed before but I couldn't find anything on it specifically that wasn't over two years old.

I'm running KSP 1.2.2 with PP version 1.2.10. Whenever a PP part clips with any other part, loading that craft will cause the game to freeze on loading. Clipping a part so that it connects to the same node, IE the bottom node of an adapter and a fuel tank connected to probe's top node, works fine. If either of the clipping parts are a PP part however it causes the game to freeze on loading the craft.

I know this wasn't always an issue because it worked just fine in older versions of the game. So I'm wondering if it's a PP issue or a mod conflict. My output_log.

1 hour ago, SwissArmyKnife said:

This may have been addressed before but I couldn't find anything on it specifically that wasn't over two years old.

I'm running KSP 1.2.2 with PP version 1.2.10. Whenever a PP part clips with any other part, loading that craft will cause the game to freeze on loading. Clipping a part so that it connects to the same node, IE the bottom node of an adapter and a fuel tank connected to probe's top node, works fine. If either of the clipping parts are a PP part however it causes the game to freeze on loading the craft.

I know this wasn't always an issue because it worked just fine in older versions of the game. So I'm wondering if it's a PP issue or a mod conflict. My output_log.

Unable to reproduce. I need better instructions. I took a stock 3.75m tank then attached a procedural tank to its top node. Then I used the movement tool to sink the PP tank down inside the stock tank. Then I attached a stock probe core to the procedural tank and used the movement tool to sink THAT down into the procedural tank. I saved it then loaded it back into the VAB then launched it. No freeze, no crash and no errors.

I looked at your log but I found no errors there to be relevant to the bug that you're reporting and none during the time that you were loading any craft. I do see you had Tweakscale installed and there have been reports of that causing issues so you might want to try without that installed and see if you still have that problem.

8 hours ago, Starwaster said:

Unable to reproduce.

Yeah I didn't see anything in the log either but figured I might have missed something.

Here are two craft files for example craft. CrashTest_PP_Stock loads fine for me, I didn't have a lot of time to try different parts but the PP LFO cone and stock truss seemed to work fine. CrashTest_PP_PP however did reliably freeze upon loading. If it doesn't freeze on your end I'll try and see if I have any conflicts.

Also give removing TweakScale a try.

2 hours ago, lajoswinkler said:

This is one of the most important mods for KSP, but it's always very slow to update. I wish I could do programming, I'd help with it.

That's because the person who's maintaining it has several other mods that he's involved with. Currently I'm concentrating on finalizing the Deadly Reentry update so I can push final updates for both KSP 1.2.2 and 1.3.0

After that I have several pull requests on Procedural Parts to get to (sorry github contributors :( ) AND two outstanding bugs to look into plus a reworking of a previous bug fix so I can do the same thing. (push updates for 1.2.2 and 1.3)

On 6/3/2017 at 7:02 PM, Starwaster said:

That's because the person who's maintaining it has several other mods that he's involved with. Currently I'm concentrating on finalizing the Deadly Reentry update so I can push final updates for both KSP 1.2.2 and 1.3.0

After that I have several pull requests on Procedural Parts to get to (sorry github contributors :( ) AND two outstanding bugs to look into plus a reworking of a previous bug fix so I can do the same thing. (push updates for 1.2.2 and 1.3)

I didn't mean to sound pushy, of course. I just think that Procedural parts are one of those mods that's essential and very important, yet usually people take it for granted and there isn't much feedback, compared to the number of people using it.

It probably wouldn't be an overestimated claim that PP is the most used mod for KSP.

2 minutes ago, lajoswinkler said:

I didn't mean to sound pushy, of course. I just think that Procedural parts are one of those mods that's essential and very important, yet usually people take it for granted and there isn't much feedback, compared to the number of people using it.

It probably wouldn't be an overestimated claim that PP is the most used mod for KSP.

I have gone into the PP repository and merged some pull requests, except the ones for things that had been done already. One (1.3 compatibility changes) I'm holding off on so I can do a final 1.2.2 update. So probably sometime this week but after the final update for DRE. (which is still in pre-release status)

55 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

I have gone into the PP repository and merged some pull requests, except the ones for things that had been done already. One (1.3 compatibility changes) I'm holding off on so I can do a final 1.2.2 update. So probably sometime this week but after the final update for DRE. (which is still in pre-release status)

I can do localization in Spanish if needed

1 hour ago, Brainpop14 said:

Does anyone know if this works in 1.3 yet?

Starwaster has been posting status updates, scroll up to read them.

30 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Yes.....

That mod adds wings. This one adds fuel tanks. They're not the same.

Edited by HebaruSan

47 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Starwaster has been posting status updates, scroll up to read them.

That mod adds wings. This one adds fuel tanks. They're not the same.

I apologize.... I read the thread title too fast and mis posted my response. Currently there is no "Mainstream" update yet. But I am sure an unofficial fix will pop up.

Final Procedural Parts update for KSP 1.2.2

https://github.com/Starwaster/ProceduralParts/releases/tag/v1.2.11

• This is the final update for KSP 1.2.2 (next stop, KSP 1.3.0!)
  • Updated categories for Procedural Batteries and decouplers. (Muppet9876)
  • Updated USI Life Support (Muppet9876)
  • Increased significant figures to 5. (apparently we lost precision with KSP 1.0)

Also, this is the final update I'll post in this thread. From now on I'll post any updates in a new landing thread I created. See link below. That will make it easier to post updates since I can't update the first post on this thread.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:52 AM, Starwaster said:

Unable to reproduce. I need better instructions. I took a stock 3.75m tank then attached a procedural tank to its top node. Then I used the movement tool to sink the PP tank down inside the stock tank. Then I attached a stock probe core to the procedural tank and used the movement tool to sink THAT down into the procedural tank. I saved it then loaded it back into the VAB then launched it. No freeze, no crash and no errors.

I looked at your log but I found no errors there to be relevant to the bug that you're reporting and none during the time that you were loading any craft. I do see you had Tweakscale installed and there have been reports of that causing issues so you might want to try without that installed and see if you still have that problem.

Hey I am having this problem too, everything is fine until I clip PP tanks or structural elements into anything or clip anything in to them. The ship will launch fine and work fine, but then reverting to hangar freezes the game and have to close it and the craft will never load again and freeze the game every time :-( I did think it was clipping the reactors from interstellar but after some more testing it does it with just one PP tank clipped into another. I guess it is an issue on my end with another mod but I really wanna know what is causing it cos I have made some beautiful, sleek, ships with PP and have spent hours on some only to have the crafts never load again haha :-D 

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/07/2017 at 5:53 PM, beta546 said:

Hey I am having this problem too, everything is fine until I clip PP tanks or structural elements into anything or clip anything in to them. The ship will launch fine and work fine, but then reverting to hangar freezes the game and have to close it and the craft will never load again and freeze the game every time :-( I did think it was clipping the reactors from interstellar but after some more testing it does it with just one PP tank clipped into another. I guess it is an issue on my end with another mod but I really wanna know what is causing it cos I have made some beautiful, sleek, ships with PP and have spent hours on some only to have the crafts never load again haha :-D 

Does rerooting a part crash for you too? I haven't tried opening a craft with clipped procedural parts but every time I try to reroot a part radially attached to a procedural part the game crashes.

I have had issues with rerooting causing a perma freeze, but I couldn't say for sure that was anything to do with PP...After my last post about this I think I narrowed it down to turning on part clipping in the cheat menu, then attaching two things to the same node on a PP part, I have never done that since and never had another problem....so it wasn't exactly clipping parts into PP parts, it was attaching more than one thing to the PP nodes.

14 hours ago, yorshee said:

Does rerooting a part crash for you too? I haven't tried opening a craft with clipped procedural parts but every time I try to reroot a part radially attached to a procedural part the game crashes.