OtherBarry

[1.1.3] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em - v1.2.5 July 3

10 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

I thought it is "normal" that the game freezes when I try to reroot a radial attached part - but this is a PP specific issue?

Pretty certain the re root issue is nothing to do with PP.  I've definitely had freezes when re rooting on ships with no procedural parts included. 

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, beta546 said:

I've definitely had freezes when re rooting on ships with no procedural parts included. 

So I remember correctly.
And that makes sense, especially when the radial attached part is not alone :D

@SQUAD But the game core needs a fail safe exception to catch it before the freeze - incl. message to the player "Nope!"

Edited by Gordon Dry

Or, the player just needs to realize that there's reasons these things are prevented unless you override the system and that if you do override the system, Bad Things May Happen! tm

Heyyo, I have an idea regarding further tweakable geometric properties for the regular fuel tanks.

Advanced Cross Section Dimensions: Each end of a fuel tank has tweakable geometric properties. These would be unique to each end. For example, you could have a fuel tank that starts as a tall ellipse and ends as a flat ellipse, or a square with small chamfer corners growing in size as you move down the tank.

• Section width
  • Section height
  • Chamfer size
  • Fillet radius

Cross Section Smoothing: Each end of a fuel tank has optional smoothing. What this means is that you can make a tank change shape smoothly, rather than instantaneously. This would allow you to have multiple parts inline that gradually change shape so that your fuselage doesn't have any jagged lines. This imgur link describes what I'm talking about.

Section Offset: Each end of a fuel tank can be offset both vertically and horizontally. This would allow you to create long and smooth tail/nose pieces, much like what we see in aircraft in reality.

Have these potential features been brought up by anyone before?

I play KSP RSS RO 1.2.2 with many mods to make the game realistic... I have a problem where the gimbal on the procedural SRB is working for only one axis... is there any way I can make it gimbal both in the X direction and Y direction?

thanks for any help

Posted (edited)

The gimbal issue has been discussed before; not sure if in this thread or not. This thread is pretty defunct as developer is absent. I've taken responsibility for maintenance and bug fixes for which I created a thread (below) and I have done some work on the gimbal issue. (deleted previous quick fix)

As a temporary measure, download this: (right click the link and select save link as)

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Starwaster/ProceduralParts/master/GameData/ProceduralParts/Parts/ZOtherMods/RFSRB.cfg

And copy it over the existing file in GameData/ProceduralParts/Parts/ZOtherMods/RFSRB.cfg

That will patch all Procedural SRB parts both RF and non-RF versions.

Edited by Starwaster

19 hours ago, Starwaster said:

The gimbal issue has been discussed before; not sure if in this thread or not. This thread is pretty defunct as developer is absent. I've taken responsibility for maintenance and bug fixes for which I created a thread (below) and I have done some work on the gimbal issue. (deleted previous quick fix)

As a temporary measure, download this: (right click the link and select save link as)

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Starwaster/ProceduralParts/master/GameData/ProceduralParts/Parts/ZOtherMods/RFSRB.cfg

And copy it over the existing file in GameData/ProceduralParts/Parts/ZOtherMods/RFSRB.cfg

That will patch all Procedural SRB parts both RF and non-RF versions.

It worked!!!! thank you sooo much! I had this problem for like a year and I tried re-downloading the mod and it didn't work but you made it work thank you soo much

I downloaded the mod, but when I cannot right click the parts or interact with them in any way. They currently hold no fuel, or anything. Help?

So I have PP and also Nertea's near future propulsion, which changes nuclear engines to need LH2. My normal fuel tanks (all the fixed size ones) can "switch" fuels to LH2, but my procedural liquid tank can't. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks, Crix

I am trying to get this to work with RO ksp 1.2.2 and this mod wont load when I get to it in the loading screen it just stops at this mod and if I get rid of it it works.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Update

(Never mind issue solved it I had a incompatible Realfuel Download for 1.2.2)

Edited by flashfire2205

7 minutes ago, flashfire2205 said:

I am trying to get this to work with RO ksp 1.2.2 and this mod wont load when I get to it in the loading screen it just stops at this mod and if I get rid of it it works.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Do you have Starwaster's branch? Get 1.2.11 from GitHub.

also added B9 Procedural wings MOD and unused Procedural engines mod

never maked Procedural engines mod

Hello, I was wondering if you could possibly make a procedural intake for jet engines, since the ones we have are really limited and sometimes don't fit the style of the plane you might be building... I know you said that concave shapes are not planned, but I honestly don't think this would be very difficult. All that would be needed are the basic shapes and functions of the Procedural Structural Element, a large hole cut out through the middle (since it is an intake) and then some extra customizable settings such as inlet angle, inlet thickness, etc..

Posted (edited)

I've noticed not all of the parts show using KSP 1.2 with the latest module manager. The parts missing are some of the tanks, only shielded tank and regular procedural tank show up. Is there a fix for this, or maybe it's only happening to me. Thank you!

Edited by Sxldierman