[1.1.3] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em - v1.2.5 July 3

OtherBarry

You did it! I can't believe you did it! You f'n did it. I have no words to express my joy right now. :D You fixed the tweakscale issue with Pparts. This is a dream come true better update than Kerbal 1.0. OMG thank you thank you thank you! I am soooo happy :D

You did it! I can't believe you did it! You f'n did it. I have no words to express my joy right now. :D You fixed the tweakscale issue with Pparts. This is a dream come true better update than Kerbal 1.0. OMG thank you thank you thank you! I am soooo happy :D

Really? :o I didn't know. :D The hotfix was for a bug I introduced myself while fixing the problems with ProceduralFairings. But I'm glad it works now. Let me know if you run into problems anyhow. Oh and thanks for the rep! :D

Oh dear. I'm sorry that one of my changes caused problems! The other tanks, since they don't switch contents, don't have any problems, and still show up in the proper resource tab. I forgot to make the change to the Procedural Battery part, but I suspect it wouldn't have any problems either. I'll have to take a look at the TankContentSwitcher code to see if I can do anything about it.

Oh forgot to mention this, as it was past midnight local time when I discovered the oxidizer issue -

I appreciate the chance to test stuff and also for getting the fix in a remarkably short time :D

ProcParts is definitely essential for low-tech aircraft aesthetics and non procedural aircraft look like flying lego bricks by comparison!

Regarding ProcSRB balance - I think it's somewhat reasonable that a customized, and more expensive 'modular' SRB tailored to a mission's precise requirements would perform better than a standard off the shelf stock unit. I made a comparison between standard RT-5 and 10 and while ProcSRB blows them out of the water it's easy to see why - the ProcSRB can be made bigger than the starting RT-5/10 units, allows for custom nozzle and thrust values, but I think also costs more than the standard units.

Should one need to balance the ProcSRBs for career start I believe just a simple more restrictive size limit should do.

Or just leave it as it is... I don't think it's a major problem since with the new thermal model and 1.0.4 flight model it is very, very easy to design a ProcSRB rocket / ICBM that goes so fast that it becomes impossible to recover safely. There's no SAS, no control surfaces, no airbrakes, and in the first few missions, not even decouplers. An over-ambitious two-stage launch can very well end up in fatality - that's sort of an interesting balance mechanism there.

In any case the slightly OP ProcSRBs are outclassed by classic LF rockets very soon in the tech tree, although the ProcSRBs are very useful for constructing little kick-stages for early satellites and probes. Flying with SRBs alone is quite challenging, so in my opinion an OP ProcSRB is somewhat "self balancing" due to the risks and challenges involved.

Is there any chance Procedural SRBs could get adjustable thrust curves? I'd like to have that in order to maintain a smooth gravity turn, not shooting up too high or having to go too shallow and burn up.

There does seem to be an issue with PP and RF not playing nicely together. Repro steps :

1) Clean KSP install 1.0.4

2) Install PP 1.1.6 (via CKAN with all its dependencies)

3) Install RF 10.4.1 (via CKAN with all its dependencies)

4) Run KSP

5) Start new sandbox game

6) Go to VAB, place a command pod and a procedural fuel tank attached to it

7) Right-click on fuel tank

Bug: Menu entries for selecting texture and shape are missing

Should be KSPAPIExtensions.dll woe I was told. Try to rename some KSPAPIExtensions.dll copies, checking versions and making notes which ones You disable by renaming. For me, disabling two of them (one in GameData/ and other in unrelated mod dir) did the trick.

Should be KSPAPIExtensions.dll woe I was told. Try to rename some KSPAPIExtensions.dll copies, checking versions and making notes which ones You disable by renaming. For me, disabling two of them (one in GameData/ and other in unrelated mod dir) did the trick.

I would say try and disable those which are dated 2 May 2015. Those are the 'older' ones that cause the missing shape / texture problem.

I looked through my GameData:

ExtraPlanetary LaunchPandas: 1.75

RealFuels: 1.73 (I just overwrote with the 1.75, am loading to see what happens)

Procedural Parts: 1.75

TweakScale: 1.75

I looked through my GameData:

ExtraPlanetary LaunchPandas: 1.75

RealFuels: 1.73 (I just overwrote with the 1.75, am loading to see what happens)

Procedural Parts: 1.75

TweakScale: 1.75

ok, so RF needs to be recompiled with 1.75...

I ran into a rather strange (from a user's perspective, anyways) problem when updating ProceduralParts to 1.7.5 KSPAPIExtensions. Game loading always froze at RealFuelsSolidBooster. I deleted the RealFuelsSolidBooster procedural part and, wouldn't ya know it, it loaded up perfectly fine. Guess it's a good thing that I never found a use for the procedural SRB anyways... XD

EDIT: OH GOD DON'T DO WHAT I DID. I've spent an hour chasing my own tail. Just wait for a proper recompile of RealFuels with 1.75.

Edited by Kagame

I ran into a rather strange (from a user's perspective, anyways) problem when updating ProceduralParts to 1.7.5 KSPAPIExtensions. Game loading always froze at RealFuelsSolidBooster. I deleted the RealFuelsSolidBooster procedural part and, wouldn't ya know it, it loaded up perfectly fine. Guess it's a good thing that I never found a use for the procedural SRB anyways... XD

EDIT: OH GOD DON'T DO WHAT I DID. I've spent an hour chasing my own tail. Just wait for a proper recompile of RealFuels with 1.75.

oh my god me too

Redownloaded the 1.0.4 compatible update of PP. Having same problem with being unable to select texture, shape and tank contents of parts. KSP32.

http://i.imgur.com/U6u3Qz0.jpg

EDIT:

Issue Resolved by downloading 1.0.4 version of TweakScale!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/112693-1-0-4-TweakScale-v2-2-1%28Jun-26%29-Drag-cube-scaling

Im still getting this issue with the latest verion of PP, Both with and without the latest version of tweakscale.

As in the image above , no bar to select the shape or texture. This error is spammed in the debug log when right clicking to select a part.

[Error]: ItemPrefab for control type 'UI_ChooseOption' not found. 

Im still getting this issue with the latest verion of PP, Both with and without the latest version of tweakscale.

As in the image above , no bar to select the shape or texture. This error is spammed in the debug log when right clicking to select a part.

[Error]: ItemPrefab for control type 'UI_ChooseOption' not found. 

Fix: download the KSPAPIExtensions.dll file from https://github.com/Swamp-Ig/KSPAPIExtensions/releases . Copy that and replace every old KSPAPIExtensions.dll within your KSP gamedata folder with it. Several mods are still using the outdated one, which seems to be causing this problem. Fixed it for me. :)

PS: backup your stuff - no warranties. :D

Edited by TrooperCooper

Fix: download the KSPAPIExtensions.dll file from https://github.com/Swamp-Ig/KSPAPIExtensions/releases . Copy that and replace every old KSPAPIExtensions.dll within your KSP gamedata folder with it. Several mods are still using the outdated one, which seems to be causing this problem. Fixed it for me. :)

PS: backup your stuff - no warranties. :D

Thanks that indeed fixes it. (for others edification. looks like Near future Propulsion and Infernal Robotics still had the older version of KSPAPIExtensions)

Its not playing nicely with Ferram Aerospace Research like it says in the OP

Every time I do anything with a procedural part, it forces a voxel update, causing lag and log spamming

It can take hours for a modder to code a fix when one is needed. Please try to take more than a minute to make a bug post. It helps everyone involved. Look here for info

There's a RealFuels dll recompiled for KSPAPI 1.7.5 at http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/64118-1-0-4-Real-Fuels-v10-4-1-June-26?p=2053038&viewfull=1#post2053038

Solved the problem for me

I also see issues with the latest KSPAPIExtension release 1.7.5

When I compile all Mods (ProceduralParts, Infernal Robotics and TweakScale) with that KSPAPIExtension version, then I get strange errors.

For example the right click on parts in the VAB does not work anymore.

In the logfile I get then an exception like "PartMessageService" is not initialized or something like that.

I solved it by recompiling all those mods against the KSPAPIExtension.dll that is included in the last ProceduralParts release. With that everything works fine for me.

So, every time I've tried to load up PP in my game, for quite some time (months, or longer), I have been hit with this "game-load-process-stopping" exception:

From KSP.log:
[EXC 12:05:56.780] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ProceduralParts.ProceduralSRB.InitModulesFromBell ()
ProceduralParts.ProceduralSRB.InitializeBells ()
ProceduralParts.ProceduralSRB.GetInfo ()
PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part)
PartLoader+.MoveNext ()
[EXC 12:29:33.614] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
System.Collections.Generic.List`1[LoadingScreen+LoadingScreenState].get_Item (Int32 index)
LoadingScreen+.MoveNext ()

From output_log:
*PP* InitializeBells

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ProceduralParts.ProceduralSRB.InitModulesFromBell () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProceduralParts.ProceduralSRB.InitializeBells () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProceduralParts.ProceduralSRB.GetInfo () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[LoadingScreen+LoadingScreenState].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at LoadingScreen+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Any ideas?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.