[1.1.3] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em - v1.2.5 July 3

OtherBarry

Where do I find the logs and post them here?

In your KSP main directory (the one with ksp.exe in it), there will be a folder called KSP_Data. In it, you'll find a text file called output_log.txt. Either upload it to somewhere like Dropbox and paste a link, or copy and paste it into somewhere like Pastebin. Don't copy it directly into here, as it will be quite sizable.

And if you're on a Mac, the logs are in a different place: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

EDIT:

@ckinfinite, I just saw the same problem with loading a craft and PP tanks clipping into another PP tank, or causing a big between another PP tank. Here's a screenshot and a log.

yJvgMAW.png

Player.log

Edited by Entropius

@ckinfinite, I just saw the same problem with loading a craft and PP tanks clipping into another PP tank, or causing a big between another PP tank. Here's a screenshot and a log.

Yes, it's my headache for the day.

With the (excellent) help of ItMustBeACamel, here's the next unofficial build, now with working SRBs as well as attachment.

Download here

License and source are as before.

Known bug: struts don't attach properly to procedural parts, you select the part instead.

Edited by ckfinite

With the (excellent) help of ItMustBeACamel, here's the next unofficial build, now with working SRBs as well as attachment.

Download here

Known bug: struts don't attach properly to procedural parts, you select the part instead.

Will only that file be enough to run the mod, or do I need any earlier ones?

Your other mods are not up to 1.0 date, and are most likely causing the problem. There's really no other option than to get all of your mods over again. If you're still having problems on a stock install, then please let me know.

I narrowed down the problem to Real Fuels, or some interaction between Real Fuels and Procedural Parts, and possibly another mod. However, removing both RF and PP worked.

Will only that file be enough to run the mod, or do I need any earlier ones?

Unless I really messed something up, that should be standalone. Put the folder inside into your GameData folder, as usual, and delete the old one (just to make sure)

I narrowed down the problem to Real Fuels, or some interaction between Real Fuels and Procedural Parts, and possibly another mod. However, removing both RF and PP worked.

Real Fuels is totally incompatible with 1.0, and needs recompilation. I won't provide support for installs that have any out of date mods (those that don't say 1.0 in the thread title and that use DLLs).

Download here

@ckfinite, thank you so much for maintaining this mod! For the next release would you please tweak the part maxTemps according to the Squads preferred values for 1.0?

My problem (unable to end/revert flight) persists, even with this new update. The other problems with saving and loading ships however are fixed.

I've been unable to recreate the error with only stock + pp, but with other 1.0 mods (Umbra Space Industries, Proc. Fairings, Mechjeb, Inf. Robotics, KJR and KIS) i still have it.

I'm guessing the problem isn't because of your mod, but rather due to a conflict with another mod, but if i don't use PP parts on the same build, everything works fine.

I'm at a loss, so i was hoping anyone with some software experience could take a look at my log (hoping this is the proper one)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v2q0e55f32pehuv/output_log.txt?dl=0

As before (even if its not working for me) i really appreciate the effort of updating this, in my opinion, must have mod for building somewhat good looking rockets!

As before (even if its not working for me) i really appreciate the effort of updating this, in my opinion, must have mod for building somewhat good looking rockets!

This appears to be the hardest bug in the game to fix - and it's entirely unclear from the log what's actually causing it. The actual error is coming from the patched conics system, (PatchedConicRenderer.OnSceneSwitch), but there is something that's messing that up in turn. I'll try to figure out what's happening, though no promises.

@ckfinite, thank you so much for maintaining this mod! For the next release would you please tweak the part maxTemps according to the Squads preferred values for 1.0?

Sure, though that isn't the biggest problem with temperatures (SRBs are particularly bad for this). I'll probably have it fixed in 1 or 2 releases.

This appears to be the hardest bug in the game to fix - and it's entirely unclear from the log what's actually causing it. The actual error is coming from the patched conics system, (PatchedConicRenderer.OnSceneSwitch), but there is something that's messing that up in turn. I'll try to figure out what's happening, though no promises.

NRAP had the same issue, worked around it by postponing drag cube rendering until physics etc. kick in: https://github.com/StupidChris/NRAP/blob/master/NRAP/ModuleTestWeight.cs#L198-L209

My problem (unable to end/revert flight) persists, even with this new update. The other problems with saving and loading ships however are fixed.

I've been unable to recreate the error with only stock + pp, but with other 1.0 mods (Umbra Space Industries, Proc. Fairings, Mechjeb, Inf. Robotics, KJR and KIS) i still have it.

I'm guessing the problem isn't because of your mod, but rather due to a conflict with another mod, but if i don't use PP parts on the same build, everything works fine.

I'm at a loss, so i was hoping anyone with some software experience could take a look at my log (hoping this is the proper one)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v2q0e55f32pehuv/output_log.txt?dl=0

I am having the same issue. Maybe it has to do with tweekscale? I read earlier in the thread that that mod was causing some problems.

I am having the same issue. Maybe it has to do with tweekscale? I read earlier in the thread that that mod was causing some problems.

I wasn't using tweakscale at the time. (had a hunch it wasn't the best idea with a new version :wink:)

I can no longer change textures in the VAB.

I can't reproduce this. Can you please try to change the texture, then post a log? I didn't touch anything related to textures, so this would be surprising. Can you change the part dimensions?

It sounds like something is going wrong in the texture selector code, which should show up in the log.

Edit, just in case, here's the exact built that I'm testing with. Delete the old ProceduralParts folder, and add that in instead.

Edited by ckfinite

I can't reproduce this. Can you please try to change the texture, then post a log? I didn't touch anything related to textures, so this would be surprising. Can you change the part dimensions?

It sounds like something is going wrong in the texture selector code, which should show up in the log.

Edit, just in case, here's the exact built that I'm testing with. Delete the old ProceduralParts folder, and add that in instead.

The problem is that the whole menu for changing textures is missing. I can change the dimensions, but the menus are gone. I'll test the new build in a bit.

The problem is that the whole menu for changing textures is missing. I can change the dimensions, but the menus are gone. I'll test the new build in a bit.

Just to be clear, the highlighted area does not appear at all?

7KBUFfF.png

New unofficial release.

Download here.

Has e-dog's fix for the NREs (hopefully) and rebalanced maxTemps. Licenses and sources are as before.

I've loaded up my same vessel with the same mods, and the revert bug is gone. I can change textures, so as far as i can see this build works perfectly (for me atleast). Should i find any other bug i will ofcourse report it.

A very big thank you @ckfinite and @e-dog!

I suspect, based on that I can't see it and it appears that nobody else can, that there's something going on weird with your KSP install. Try reinstalling from scratch (with the attached build), and see if it works.

Download here.

Sources and licenses are as usual.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I know, no.

I suspect, based on that I can't see it and it appears that nobody else can, that there's something going on weird with your KSP install. Try reinstalling from scratch (with the attached build), and see if it works.

Download here.

Sources and licenses are as usual.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I know, no.

I re-installed from scratch, started a new save (I backuped my main one) and the problem still persists.

Here's the thing; I could change textures before. With the KSPAPIE version you put out, I could change textures. I suspect that its a mod conflict of some sort at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

I figured it out!

Last night, the main menu said that KSPAPIE was outdated, so I downloaded the .dll and put in my game data file by itself. I deleted it a few seconds ago and everything works. Thanks for all the help.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.