[1.1.x] KSPX - Kerbal Stock Part eXpansion mod reposted v0.2.10.1 | 20/4/16

stupid_chris

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I've dropped a small update for 0.23.5!

Changelog:

v0.2.6[FEATURE] Added a decoupler module to the LES. Staging will decouple the part and activate the engine
[FEATURE] Added a CoM offset to the LES to thrust away from the ship.
[FEATURE] Slightly increased the LES's amount of fuel
[FEATURE] LES moved to Utility tab
[FEATURE] Changed the 1.25m ion engine's thrust to match the new TWR of the stock one

Downloads updated, cheers :)

It should be noted that they changed the ElectricCharge/XenonGas ratio for the stock ion engine when they quadrupled its thrust. The PB-ION2 in the latest update here is still using the old ratio.

It should be noted that they changed the ElectricCharge/XenonGas ratio for the stock ion engine when they quadrupled its thrust. The PB-ION2 in the latest update here is still using the old ratio.

Well you're right, I totally didn't see that one. Will push an update shortly.

Is there any way to change the offset thrust for the ARM LES and this LES? I feel like the pod spinning the way it does now with ARM is a little annoying. I don't like the idea that it spins a full loop.

It's not offset thrust for this. I've set the COM offset on this one so that just as the LES burns out, the bottom of the pod points in the air flow (as a good LES should do). I can't do that with the ARM one since it's all done with engines.

• 2 weeks later...
Where are the candleators?

I've noticed another mod (surfacelights) using what appears to be very similar parts.

The candleators we're never add because Claria never finished them. The surface lights mod lights are modeled after them

• 2 weeks later...

I can't seem to find the part in my Stock tech tree that should go under utility. The Ion Engine and the Xenon Tank. I've searched everyone of the tiers and nothing. Had to go into the cfg files and make this change " TechRequired = start". Every other part in this mod is great and I've been able to find them.

• 2 weeks later...

Nanowinner,

You're right. The large Ion Engine and Xenon Tank require the "Large Probes" tech node, which no longer exists in the tech tree. I put mine in "Advanced Unmanned Tech" ("TechRequired = advUnmanned"), though it's a little odd since that doesn't require the "Ion Propulsion" node.

Nanowinner,

You're right. The large Ion Engine and Xenon Tank require the "Large Probes" tech node, which no longer exists in the tech tree. I put mine in "Advanced Unmanned Tech" ("TechRequired = advUnmanned"), though it's a little odd since that doesn't require the "Ion Propulsion" node.

That's weird, I'll change that for next update.

I think this a great mod. However, the Launch Escape Tower HAS already been implemented, although in 0.23.5, which is the ARM update. I think you should remove that. I don't wanna get confused between KSPX's one and NasaMission's one.

I think this a great mod. However, the Launch Escape Tower HAS already been implemented, although in 0.23.5, which is the ARM update. I think you should remove that. I don't wanna get confused between KSPX's one and NasaMission's one.

They shouldn't remove the kspx LES, it looks a lot better than the nasa one and blends in well

Edited by Mach_XXII

They shouldn't remove the kspx LES, it looks a lot nice and blends in well

I agree that the KSPX LES must remain - it has a much longer burn time and greater solid fuel reserve than the stock Kerbodyne LES, and is thus particularly vital for heavier escape pods.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.