[1.1.x] KSPX - Kerbal Stock Part eXpansion mod reposted v0.2.10.1 | 20/4/16

stupid_chris

Speaking of the LES, in most of my designs I have to tweak out a good deal of its fuel because when decoupling it goes spinning and comes back to hit the rocket, nobody had this happen?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Sorry if I'm necroing here, but is this mod still alive? I'd love to see it completed. I'm almost itching to use some of these parts.

As has been clearly explained in the preceding posts:

- This is originally ClairaLyrae's work

- KasperVld and stupid_chris are simply maintaining this pack with fixes corresponding to new KSP versions; they don't have the necessary legal rights to make new parts / major changes

So yes, this mod is "still alive" and you can download the current parts, but don't expect to see brand-new stuff.

Short Rant.

This is one of the best mods I have ever used. It is the one essential Kerbal mod that I need to have more than any other. ClairaLyrae's absence is quite dissapointing, and I wonder if she'd ever come back to KSP either as a mod maker or dev. Either would be fine. I wish there were more stockalike mods around.

Short Rant.

This is one of the best mods I have ever used. It is the one essential Kerbal mod that I need to have more than any other. ClairaLyrae's absence is quite dissapointing, and I wonder if she'd ever come back to KSP either as a mod maker or dev. Either would be fine. I wish there were more stockalike mods around.

I share your sentiments.

My understanding is that she is on leave for her studies, but I haven't really heard (or known) much about her, since I joined the forums shortly after the April 2013 derp and all relevant info may have been lost.

For instance, what is/was the nature of her position at SQUAD (full-time? part-time? intern?)? What work has she done so far, other than the stock Cupola and the (unreleased) repair toolbox?

She did the Skipper, mk2 lander can, some Jumbo-Small adapter parts, HECS probe core, Remote Guidance Units, Cylindrified Monoprop tank, tiny monoprop tank, LV-1R engine, quarter sized small tank, Tiny-small adaptors, 4x small adaptor, giant battery, tiny battery, Radial Xenon tanks, and maybe something else I'm forgetting. (Although the RGUs were heavily remodeled by release. I am using a modified original RGU as a Size-3 Probe Core.)

Edited by GregroxMun

@stupid_chris What/where are these parts? 1, 2 Are they unreleased WIP from Claira?

They are the in-game RGUs. Their model was completely changed when released in 0.20. You can get the old pre-0.20 version of the mod on the second post on the thread, but you need to modify the .cfg to get the parts to work properly in 0.23.5. You need to add the }Part brackets and the ModuleSAS and ModuleReactionWheel and what science node it is in.

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone test if there are any needed changes needed to get this working in 0.24?

Probably not, those are parts.

No, but to get it to work with the budget system, you need to define ALL the costs. I think it's best to wait for Kaspervld to update this.

KasperVld is no longer maintaining this, I am. I'll see about it when I have some free time.

Probably not, those are parts.

KasperVld is no longer maintaining this, I am. I'll see about it when I have some free time.

How easy is it to alter Part Costs? I play with this mod a lot and thought I could rebalance them myself as a temporary fix.

How easy is it to alter Part Costs? I play with this mod a lot and thought I could rebalance them myself as a temporary fix.

Its pretty easy, just one line in the part.cfg file, "cost = ****"

The only challenge comes making sure they are balanced with other parts and costs

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.