[1.1.x] KSPX - Kerbal Stock Part eXpansion mod reposted v0.2.10.1 | 20/4/16

stupid_chris

Indeed, this does help, thanks.

This is the result.

http://s28.postimg.org/3utrryyf1/LV_N_vs_LV_NB.png

I've just removed the LV-NB's oxidizer need.

As you can see, it is crazy overpowered so it needs to be tweaked to behave like two stock engines again.

Hmm, good balancing! I just removed the values weeks ago...could I trouble you to share your CFG for both engines?

I would be looking forward to it if addig 5 more mb wouldn't crash my game

Why did squad discontinue 64 bit mode :(

Because Win64bit crashed /below/ the 3.5Gb limit. Install linux on an an external drive boot to play KSP, it's actually really easy.

Because Win64bit crashed /below/ the 3.5Gb limit. Install linux on an an external drive boot to play KSP, it's actually really easy.

I'd have to buy a new hard drive to install linux, which I can't afford right now and 64bit KSP ran fine if you had it in OpenGL mode. I'd still be playing the last 64 bit version if some of my favorite mod makers didn't just entirely disable their mods from working if it detected 64bit mode, which actually just ended up completely breaking that part of the game anyway (like FAR on 64bit disabling aerodynamics completely, which is somehow supposed to stop people from showing up and complaining about the mod not working)

I'd have to buy a new hard drive to install linux, which I can't afford right now.

You can install linux on a 2Gb USB Stick.

If you wanna go hardcore, buy a good 8/16Gb USB3.0 pen drive for 10€ and you're good to go.

I'd have to buy a new hard drive to install linux, which I can't afford right now and 64bit KSP ran fine if you had it in OpenGL mode. I'd still be playing the last 64 bit version if some of my favorite mod makers didn't just entirely disable their mods from working if it detected 64bit mode, which actually just ended up completely breaking that part of the game anyway (like FAR on 64bit disabling aerodynamics completely, which is somehow supposed to stop people from showing up and complaining about the mod not working)

I think you need to take a step down and think about what you're saying before going any further.

if this is going to add techtree icons will it interfere with Community tech Tree?

This will add icons to the tech tree through ModuleManager. I have absolutely no clue if it will interfere with CTT.

If you by any chance should need an icon designer... :wink:

No worries, I've got my pal sumghai to help :)

Woop! Thanks, Chris. I hope you haven't axed any parts from the 0.9 version of the mod. I mean I could see the 1.25m xenon tank, but hopefully nothing else.

It's indeed the only axed part.

And here we go!

Changelog:

v0.2.9

[FEATURE] Converted all textures to DDS for faster loading times and memory savings
[FEATURE] Added new TechTree icons for the 1.25m ion engine and 2.5m nuclear engine
[FEATURE] Assigned the name "Hayabusa" to the PB-ION2 and "Sisyphus" to the LV-NB
[BALANCE] Adjusted the stats of the engines to reflect the ISP changes in 1.0
[FEATURE] Gave the escape tower the same flame effects as the stock one
[BALANCE] Adjusted the max temperature value of all parts
[BALANCE] adjusted the emissivity constant of the LV-NB
[BALANCE] Adjusted entry cost and unit cost for parts to reflect 1.0 changes
[BALANCE] MM patch for SAS parts is still present and has adjusted price for linearity
[BALANCE] Redisposed all parts in the TechTree to make more sense
[REMOVED] Removed the 1.25m Xenon tank (now stock)
[FEATURE] Moved the stock 1.25m and radial Xenon tanks to the new ion TechTree node

Have fun guys!

I could never understand why Squad scaled down the Inline Reaction Wheel, when they could of kept it like it was and added in the Inline Reaction Wheel Micro, like it is in KSPX.

Stock just has one reaction wheel and its small. I like the idea where technology early on isn't as great and the equipment is larger. Over time though, technology gets better and smaller, so ships will start out with large reaction wheels and over time with, R&D, they get smaller and then they evolve into ASAS. I would of love Squad to have kept to that idea with SAS stuff.

I don't know, at first I disliked the smaller Inline Reaction Wheel that Squad scaled down, but now after being away from game a long time and coming back, I like the smaller one. The smaller one is easy to hide and concealed on a ship. But like I said, that smaller tech should be earned and researched before we can use it. Then again Squad just confuses me sometimes :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.