[1.1.x] KSPX - Kerbal Stock Part eXpansion mod reposted v0.2.10.1 | 20/4/16

stupid_chris

Hurray!

- - - Updated - - -

I could never understand why Squad scaled down the Inline Reaction Wheel, when they could of kept it like it was and added in the Inline Reaction Wheel Micro, like it is in KSPX.

Stock just has one reaction wheel and its small. I like the idea where technology early on isn't as great and the equipment is larger. Over time though, technology gets better and smaller, so ships will start out with large reaction wheels and over time with, R&D, they get smaller and then they evolve into ASAS. I would of love Squad to have kept to that idea with SAS stuff.

I don't know, at first I disliked the smaller Inline Reaction Wheel that Squad scaled down, but now after being away from game a long time and coming back, I like the smaller one. The smaller one is easy to hide and concealed on a ship. But like I said, that smaller tech should be earned and researched before we can use it. Then again Squad just confuses me sometimes :)

One of the first things I do on any new version of KSP is bring the rescalefactor of that part back up to 1.0 and tweak its stats correspondingly.

Hurray!

- - - Updated - - -

One of the first things I do on any new version of KSP is bring the rescalefactor of that part back up to 1.0 and tweak its stats correspondingly.

Yeah I forgot about the scale up from this mod with the Inline reaction wheels. Fortunately I haven't got heavy in building stuff in 1.0.2, since I was waiting for mods to update and maybe another Squad update. So I only had the fix one ship of mine in career.

In the career ship I have, I had the remove all the Inline Reaction Wheels, I had 5 total for a Mun orbiter. I had to down size to one, since five was giving me too much reaction.

I think the small Inline in KSPX, needs to be scaled down a tiny bit, so it is a little more flush with the 1 Kerbal crew pod or anything that size. That's one thing I liked about the small stock inline reaction wheel, it was flush with other parts.

Wel you don't have to anymore, KSPX does it :P

I did not know that.

- - - Updated - - -

Question: did you intend to have the torque on the two 1.25m reaction wheels the way it is? Shouldn't the "advanced stabilizer" have 15/15/15 and the "inline reaction wheel" 10/10/10?

I did not know that.

- - - Updated - - -

Question: did you intend to have the torque on the two 1.25m reaction wheels the way it is? Shouldn't the "advanced stabilizer" have 15/15/15 and the "inline reaction wheel" 10/10/10?

Nope. If you took a look, you'd see that I also added a SAS module that allows heading stabilization only to the advanced stabilizer. Basically the tradeoff is less torque, but allows SAS capabilities. This gives a niche to both parts. If you need more torque, you add the reaction wheel, if you need SAS on an unmanned craft or something else, you added the stabilizer. You'll notice that I applied this logic to all the reaction wheels/stabilizers.

Nope. If you took a look, you'd see that I also added a SAS module that allows heading stabilization only to the advanced stabilizer. Basically the tradeoff is less torque, but allows SAS capabilities. This gives a niche to both parts. If you need more torque, you add the reaction wheel, if you need SAS on an unmanned craft or something else, you added the stabilizer. You'll notice that I applied this logic to all the reaction wheels/stabilizers.

Aha! Nice touch, and I'm sorry I completely missed it.

I was thinking since both of those mods also focus on "filling out" the parts list there's a lot of potential for duplicates. Ah well I guess I can use module manager to clean it up some if that's the case.

I was thinking since both of those mods also focus on "filling out" the parts list there's a lot of potential for duplicates. Ah well I guess I can use module manager to clean it up some if that's the case.

Well you'll have similar parts in functionality. Not a big problem.

Simply delete the parts you don't intend to use. You otter be doing this anyway, even with stock parts, if you want to be able to install lots of swanky mods.

Alternate .cfg for the KSPX LES that doesn't use the dog-poopy stock LES exhaust FX. Updated from the KSPX v2.61 cfg.

PART
{
// --- general parameters ---
name = cl_small_escapeTower
module = Part
author = ClairaLyrae

// --- asset parameters ---
mesh = model.mu
rescaleFactor = 1.25
scale = 1

// --- node definitions ---
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1

fx_exhaustFlame_yellow_small = -0.3, 0.9, 0.0, 1.0, 1.0, 0.0, running
fx_smokeTrail_light = -0.3, 0.9, 0.0, 1.0, 1.0, 0.0, running
fx_exhaustLight_yellow = -0.3, 0.9, 0.0, 1.0, 1.0, 0.0, running

sound_vent_medium = engage
sound_rocket_hard = running
sound_vent_soft = disengage
sound_explosion_low = flameout

// --- editor parameters ---
TechRequired = landing
entryCost = 1600
cost = 400
category = Utility
subcategory = 0
title = Escape Tower
manufacturer = Jebediah Kerman's Junkyard and Spaceship Parts Co.
description = An extremely fast-burning, high power booster array mounted on a aerodynamic nosecone. Meant for launching Kerbals clear of total disasters, or potentially into subsequent ones.

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 0.5
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.3
minimum_drag = 0.2
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 7
maxTemp = 2200
breakingForce = 50
breakingTorque = 50
CoMOffset = 0.08, 0, 0

// --- solid booster parameters ---
stagingIcon = SOLID_BOOSTER

MODULE
{
name = ModuleEngines
thrustVectorTransformName = thrustTransform
throttleLocked = True
exhaustDamage = true
ignitionThreshold = 0.1
minThrust = 0
maxThrust = 750
heatProduction = 200
useEngineResponseTime = True
engineAccelerationSpeed = 10.0
allowShutdown = False
fxOffset = 0, 0, 0.02

PROPELLANT
{
name = SolidFuel
ratio = 1.0
DrawGauge = True
}

atmosphereCurve
{
key = 0 240
key = 1 225
key = 8 0.001
}

}

RESOURCE
{
name = SolidFuel
amount = 80
maxAmount = 80
}
}

Please feel free to delete, Chris, if it happens to be uncool to post something like that here.

Thanks for the update :)

One question, how much effort would it be to also convert the old KSPX 1.25m Xenon tank to .dds? Just asking because I still have some on fuel stations, and the new stock tank has a different height - so it's not as simple as editing the save to replace the part.

Thanks for the update :)

One question, how much effort would it be to also convert the old KSPX 1.25m Xenon tank to .dds? Just asking because I still have some on fuel stations, and the new stock tank has a different height - so it's not as simple as editing the save to replace the part.

You don't need to. Just grab an older version of the mod and use it. DDS or not, it will still load just fine.

So when I installed this mod it caused the small inline reaction wheel to become large is there a way to make it the same size it was before?

It's becoming the size it originally was because KSPX introduced the part that was *meant* to be small. Just remove te @rescaleFactor = 1 from the small inline reaction wheel MM patch in KSPX/ModuleManager/Parts_Patch.cfg

It's becoming the size it originally was because KSPX introduced the part that was *meant* to be small. Just remove te @rescaleFactor = 1 from the small inline reaction wheel MM patch in KSPX/ModuleManager/Parts_Patch.cfg

Ok thanks will try that :D

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone mentioned this. But KSPX is working with CommunityTechTree. But the nodes that this creates are duplicated when using it.

Making the first line of the tech tree patch for KSPX read this

@TechTree:FOR[KSPX]:NEEDS[!CommunityTechTree]

Will remove the nodes when CTT is not installed.

The problem is "why exactly are they being dupplicated"

Well, your node names are node8_whatever. He calls his ct_whatever.

So your Advanced Ion Propulsion is node8_advIonPropulsion and CTT is ct_advIonPropulsion

I imagine that's the reason. I'm no dev. But it bugged me that there were weirdly placed icons. Would love to find a decent tech tree to take in all the mods instead of cramming 20+ parts in to a single node.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.