[1.1.x] KSPX - Kerbal Stock Part eXpansion mod reposted v0.2.10.1 | 20/4/16

stupid_chris

Error report : KSP Ver. 1.1 (Release), KSPX Ver. 0.2.10 (CKAN install)

Module manager chokes on the part MINI_SAS (cl_mini_sas), game refuses to load.

Removed the part directory for the MINI_SAS and game loads.

Someone needs to take a look at the parts .CFG file or something.

1 minute ago, Ogre420 said:

Error report : KSP Ver. 1.1 (Release), KSPX Ver. 0.2.10 (CKAN install)

Module manager chokes on the part MINI_SAS (cl_mini_sas), game refuses to load.

Removed the part directory for the MINI_SAS and game loads.

Someone needs to take a look at the parts .CFG file or something.

That's be much more useful with a log, but we seemingly can't ask for them enough can we?

Just now, stupid_chris said:

That's be much more useful with a log, but we seemingly can't ask for them enough can we?

KSP didn't drop an error log, game just stalled.

I took a look at the first page here, is there an official error reporting site/page?

Just now, Ogre420 said:

I took a look at the first page here, is there an official error reporting site/page?

KSP always makes logs. You just need to send them our way. And the place to report is here. As you mightve noticed, you already have my attention :P. I'm looking into it.

1 minute ago, Ogre420 said:

Yep I got this problem as well, fixed by removing the part. It gets stuck on part compile apparently.

Aaaaaand fixed. Had to produce logs myself to know what the issue was, but once I did, it got obvious pretty quick.

Already updated on GitHub and SpaceDock.

KSPX v0.2.10.1 - Hotfix
Released April 20th 2016
[FIX] Removed the config error preventing the 0.625m SAS unit to compile during part loading

Have fun now :P

7 minutes ago, stupid_chris said:

KSP always makes logs. You just need to send them our way. And the place to report is here. As you mightve noticed, you already have my attention :P. I'm looking into it.

Ok I found it, the KSP.LOG, I was looking for the error report DIRECTORIES that KSP makes.

The KSP log was 13k, If I find future problems do I just post the whole 13k log here?

I'm probably blind but I didn't see an error reporting link on the main page.

4 minutes ago, Ogre420 said:

Ok I found it, the KSP.LOG, I was looking for the error report DIRECTORIES that KSP makes.

The KSP log was 13k, If I find future problems do I just post the whole 13k log here?

I'm probably blind but I didn't see an error reporting link on the main page.

The usually useful log is actually output_log.txt, which is in KSP/KSP_Data/output_log.txt or KSP/KSP_Data_x64/output_log.txt, depending on the version being ran. And no, you would upload it somewhere and let me download it. There is one link, at the bottom of the page, directing to the github repository, but you can also report in here, like you did. Which is fine for small reports.

But that won't be needed. I fixed the issue, as you might be able to see.

Edited by stupid_chris

I am super sorry if this is a dumb question, and even more sorry if it has already been answered and I missed it.  I am just back to KSP after a very long hiatus and noticed there are plenty of new parts in the vanilla game.  Were the parts here edited to work with the heat, part cost, tech tree of version 1.0/1.1?

Edited by jpinard

14 hours ago, jpinard said:

I am super sorry if this is a dumb question, and even more sorry if it has already been answered and I missed it.  I am just back to KSP after a very long hiatus and noticed there are plenty of new parts in the vanilla game.  Were the parts here edited to work with the heat, part cost, tech tree of version 1.0/1.1?

Answers can be found in the changelog.

8 minutes ago, KocLobster said:

Just a heads up that CKAN has the wrong link to this thread. It links to this non-existent thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/96464

You do know that 90% of mods CKAN pages aren't managed by the mod's author :| That link is simply broken due to forum migrations. Take that up to the CKAN people, not me.

On ‎2016‎-‎04‎-‎29 at 1:00 AM, stupid_chris said:

You do know that 90% of mods CKAN pages aren't managed by the mod's author :| That link is simply broken due to forum migrations. Take that up to the CKAN people, not me.

Fair enough, but with the next version release to CKAN (I'm not suggesting you make a special thing about it) would it be possible to update the metadata to reflect this forum thread?

21 hours ago, MisterFister said:

Fair enough, but with the next version release to CKAN (I'm not suggesting you make a special thing about it) would it be possible to update the metadata to reflect this forum thread?

I think you missed the part where I'm not the one responsible for this... For the second time, take this up to the CKAN people.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would be safe to assume this works on KSP 1.1.3, right?  It's just a simple parts pack.  Any chance we could get the version files updated for CKAN?

Seems it uses SpaceDock metadata, so updating there should get it to work.  (You have to love the SpaceDock integration with CKAN.)

Edited by Ruedii
moar info.

Seems to work for me.

One suggestion for the author: LV-NB engines could get a bit longer. They're basically of the same height as stock LV-N engines. It would be aesthetically pleasing and more realistic if their bells were longer.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Diche Bach said:

Could someone explain what the "graduated" vs. "InstantPowerResponseConfigs" do?

The others are all fairly self-explanatory (and I've installed the ReduceClampSounds) but not sure about those.

are you sure you don't want the KW Rocketry Redux thread?

But to answer your question: When you hit the throttle to max (Z) for example, it takes a while for the engines to rev up, (so to speak) with graduated. Instant power response means you get an instant power response, as the name implies - as soon as you hit the throttle, you get that much back from the engine, instantly. No wind up, no cool down. Stock uses Instant Power; I prefer graduated.

Thank you Deimos; and yes, my apologies, I think this was asked in the wrong thread. Too many mod installs in too few days and not enough KSP playing! :huh:

Now that I know what it means, I will probably use the graduated myself. The maneuver nodes should be far less annoying that way.

Edited by Diche Bach

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.