[1.1.x] KSPX - Kerbal Stock Part eXpansion mod reposted v0.2.10.1 | 20/4/16

stupid_chris

After reading the "real chutes" thread, it appears stupid_chris is moving on to other things, and wont be putting as much time into this game anymore. I really hope this mod will be updated by someone. It's a fantastic little mod that is very useful and deserves the love. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2016 at 7:41 PM, MonkeyLunch said:

I really hope this mod will be updated by someone. It's a fantastic little mod that is very useful and deserves the love. :)

Me too, it's also a bit of kerbal history, as it was originally made by ClairaLyrae, who later joined (and left) the Squad team! So sad to see stupid_chris moving away from KSP...

On 10/22/2016 at 2:32 PM, Initar said:

Me too, it's also a bit of kerbal history, as it was originally made by ClairaLyrae, who later joined (and left) the Squad team! So sad to see stupid_chris moving away from KSP...

You should be happy for stupid_chris, moving on is a good thing. He probably wants to do more interesting and meaningful things with his time.

@technicalfool Is this better/acceptable?

Edited by Hardcard

7 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

Hopefully the mod can be passed on to someone to maintain

Not likely, UNLESS, someone gets ahold of @stupid_chris and/or @ClairaLyrae and gets specific permission:

"Kerbal Stock Parts eXpansion

License: Unless granted direct permission by ClairaLyrae (the original author of this mod) redistribution of this mod or parts contained in it is not allowed; this includes creating download mirrors. By downloading this mod you agree to this license."

Edited by Stone Blue

14 hours ago, stupid_chris said:

Guys. It's parts. No update needed. Just enjoy the mod.

I 'm using it just fine.

I think a couple of parts could use the new data transmitters, and some categories could be adjusted, but meh.

Would you like a patch? Obviously, I know you're more than capable of doing it yourself, but you're probably also busy.

I updated this locally to 1.2.1 (along with a couple bug fixes and mod compatibility issues) - as I said before, it really didn't need much. I also gave it the lightest balance passes, because I can't help myself.

Does anyone have any problems or issues that need looking into? I already looked at the issue tracker, (which has an issue outstanding from June 2015 which has an incredibly easy solution but I can't make it from this end). I broke out the CTT conflicts and made them into a new patch and added in stock tech tree compatibility. I also believe I fixed the escape tower staging/decoupler issue, and added FX to the Ion engine. Can't remember what else off hand. Still need to test things, then depending on if anyone replies, I'll post the update.

@Beetlecat I reward your rep with first dibs!:D

Me again, with treats. Here's an update (that wasn't terribly necessary, but still!) to 1.2.1.

I did stuff... to things (read the changelog) or see the above post for a synopsis.

I tried to correct the CTT issues, but I can't do anything about the added tech nodes, besides tell people who use CTT to delete that patch (or add :NEEDS[!CommunityTechTree] to the top of it). Someone who plays stock tech tree let me know how it turns out (it's one thing I forgot to test).

Feedback as always is appreciated and welcomed.

Cheers.

@stupid_chris feel free to use anything in my work as you see fit. Or not, that's cool too.:)

Installation Requires Module Manager. Put patches folder in GameData.

Changelog here

Download v0.1.0 here

Repo here

• 7 months later...

I wish people would put less restrictive licenses as part of their decision to leave or stop developing.  Is there a license out there with a "dead man" switch - as in, "This is copyrighted NNNNN but If I do not post an update within 6 months [to the repository][to this thread], this addon reverts to a MIT license and is free to use under those terms"

2 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

I wish people would put less restrictive licenses as part of their decision to leave or stop developing.  Is there a license out there with a "dead man" switch - as in, "This is copyrighted NNNNN but If I do not post an update within 6 months [to the repository][to this thread], this addon reverts to a MIT license and is free to use under those terms"

No there's no licence like that but authors can just say "as long as I'm active it's ARR but if I'm gone for a year it'll go MIT". I agree that restrictive licences suck.

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

22 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

No there's no licence like that but authors can just say "as long as I'm active it's ARR but if I'm gone for a year it'll go MIT". I agree that restrictive licences suck.

Which is why i don't contribute to, or support, any mods which have a license which prevents someone else from taking it over.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Which is why i don't contribute to, or support, any mods which have a license which prevents someone else from taking it over.

You run so many mods man I bet they added those licenses just to keep you from getting overworked :D Moving on to seriousness though I feel your pain :/ I'm sad that I can't maintain KSPRC or Astronomer's in any manner due to their licenses. Likewise with a number of other aesthetic packs.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Tanks have specific looks so they do find applications. I use the LV-NB engine for my Kron ships.

Reaction wheels are obsolete as KSP has all sizes now.

Small escape tower is very useful as KSP lacks one.

Large ion engine is also a good thing.

There is future in this mod, no doubt.

Edited by lajoswinkler
grammar

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎12‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 9:35 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Getting back on topic, how many of these parts are still needed, given the proliferation of parts mods that are out there?  And which ones?

I like the ion engine, it has the stock feel, but lacks the exhaust.
But really needed is none of them, the most parts are already replaceable by other mods.

• 3 months later...

I wish the licensing could be set to allow for forks only on Github, since GitHub allows near automatic tracking of attribution of changes and collaboration on patches and fixes this is the best solution to keep mods going.

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.