[1.1.x] KSPX - Kerbal Stock Part eXpansion mod reposted v0.2.10.1 | 20/4/16

stupid_chris

YiH0K5Z.jpg

All credit goes to ClairaLyrae who created and managed all aspects of this mod and the credit for updating the mod to be compatible with KSP 0.21+ goes to stupid_chris. Extra credit to Taverius for his config breakinForce and breakingTorque values updates on the 0.2.4 update.

Update April 20th 2016

Current version: v0.2.10.1 - SpaceDock | GitHub

Changelog:

v0.2.10.1

[FIX] Removed the config error preventing the 0.625m SAS unit to compile during part loading

v0.2.10

[FEATURE] Added search tags to all parts
[FEATURE] Removed CoM offster on LES and replaced for a thrust transform offset
[BALANCE] Adjusted mass and capacity of the 2.5m thin RCS tank to align with stock changes

v0.2.9

[FEATURE] Converted all textures to DDS for faster loading times and memory savings
[FEATURE] Added new TechTree icons for the 1.25m ion engine and 2.5m nuclear engine
[FEATURE] Assigned the name "Hayabusa" to the PB-ION2 and "Sisyphus" to the LV-NB
[BALANCE] Adjusted the stats of the engines to reflect the ISP changes in 1.0
[FEATURE] Gave the escape tower the same flame effects as the stock one
[BALANCE] Adjusted the max temperature value of all parts
[BALANCE] adjusted the emissivity constant of the LV-NB
[BALANCE] Adjusted entry cost and unit cost for parts to reflect 1.0 changes
[BALANCE] MM patch for SAS parts is still present and has adjusted price for linearity
[BALANCE] Redisposed all parts in the TechTree to make more sense
[REMOVED] Removed the 1.25m Xenon tank (now stock)
[FEATURE] Moved the stock 1.25m and radial Xenon tanks to the new ion TechTree node

v0.2.8.1

[FIX] Fixed the typo in the ModuleManager patch for the Inline Advanced Stabilizer.

v0.2.8

[FIX] Fixed the tech nodes of the 1.25m ion engine and xenon tank
[FEATURE] Changed the category of each part to meet the new categories of 0.90
[FEATURE] Modified the old cupola to match the stats of the new one
[BALANCE] Rebalanced all the reaction wheels part with stock progression
[FEATURE] The stock Inline Reaction Wheel is resized to 1.25m again through ModuleManager to leave the spot to the KSPX one
[BALANCE] MM modifications to all stock Reaction Wheels to even out a spot for each with stock balance
[FEATURE] Changed config/folder names to be clearer

v0.2.7

[BALANCE] Rebalanced the mass, cost, and entryCost of all parts to match Stock ReBalance standards
[BALANCE] Rebalanced the reaction wheels torque to fit the   StockReBalance schemes, (warning: they'll look grossely underpowered if   not used paired with SRB)
[BALANCE] Rebalanced the fuel/to mass ratio in the 1.25m Xenon tank as well as in the radial LF and LOX tanks
[FEATURE] Added MonoPropellant to the old Cupola pod
[BALANCE] Rebalanced the LV-NB to be 2.67 the LV-N to have same performance and nice fitting cost, mass, and thrust values
[BALANCE] Dropped the Monopropellant amount in the 2.5m small tank to 250

v0.2.6.1
[FEATURE] Modified the ElectricCharge/XenonGas ratio of the ion engine to match the stock's

v0.2.6
[FEATURE] Added a decoupler module to the LES. Staging will decouple the part and activate the engine
[FEATURE] Added a CoM offset to the LES to thrust away from the ship.
[FEATURE] Slightly increased the LES's amount of fuel
[FEATURE] LES moved to Utility tab
[FEATURE] Changed the 1.25m ion engine's thrust to match the new TWR of the stock one

v0.2.5
[FEATURE] Added an alternator module to the nuclear engine, it will now produce electricity when running
[FEATURE] Upped the thrust and amount of solid fuel for the escape tower by a little

v0.2.4
[FEATURE] Assigned each part to a node of the tech tree and tweaked the prices to meet stock standards
[FIX] Tweaked the SAS stats to have a more noticeable difference between each part for the tech tree
[FIX] Fixed breakingForce and breakingTorque values for the large SAS module
[FIX] Fixed breakingForce and breakingTorque values for the LV-NB
[FIX] Fixed breakingForce and breakingTorque values for the FL-R1S Monopropellant tank
[FIX] Fixed breakingForce and breakingTorque values for the Escape Tower
[FIX] Fixed breakingForce and breakingTorque values for the PB-ION2
[ADDED] Updated the old cupola to 0.22 and made it available in the   download for those who wish to, just merge it with the main KSPX folder   if you want the pod.

v0.2.3
[FIX] Updated the old ASAS and SAS part cfgs to match the new SAS system in 0.21
[REMOVED] Probodobodyne HECS (is now stock)
[REMOVED] Rockomax 48-7S (is now stock)
[REMOVED] FL-R10 RCS Fuel Tank (is now stock)
[REMOVED] Stratus-V Cylindrified Monopropellant Tank (is now stock)
[REMOVED] LV-1R Liquid Fuel Engine (is now stock)
[REMOVED] FL-T100 Fuel Tank (is now stock)
[REMOVED] TVR-200L Stack Bi-Adapter (is now stock)
[REMOVED] TVR-400L Stack Quad-Adapter (is now stock)
[REMOVED] TVR-300L Stack Tri-Adapter (is now stock)
[REMOVED] FL-A10 Adapter (is now stock)
[REMOVED] TVR-2160C Mk2 Stack Quad-Coupler (is now stock)
[REMOVED] FL-A5 Adapter (is now stock)
[REMOVED] Z-1K Rechargable Battery Bank (is now stock)
[REMOVED] Z-200 Rechargable Battery Bank (is now stock)
[REMOVED] PB-X50R Xenon Container (is now stock)

v0.2.2
[FEATURE] Updated to the new folder structure to assure compatability in future versions of KSP
[FIX] updated all config files
[REMOVED] Atlas Engine (is now stock)
[REMOVED] Remote Guidance Unit - large (is now stock)
[REMOVED] Cupola (is now stock)
[REMOVED] Remote Guidance Unit - small (is now stock)
[REMOVED] Lander can (is now stock) 

License:

Unless granted direct permission by ClairaLyrae (the original author of this mod) redistribution of this mod or parts contained in it is not allowed; this includes creating download mirrors. By downloading this mod you agree to this license.

Installation instructions

Extract the contents of the zip file to the GameData folder in your KSP installation. If you want to add the old KSPX cupola, merge the cupola KSPX folder with the main KSPX folder.

Gallery

GitHub repo for configs/issues

Edited by stupid_chris
Hotfix

Original post

YiH0K5Z.jpg

Kerbal Stock Part eXpansion, KSP eXpansion, whatever floats your boat : P

NOTICE 2/21/13:

The development team has invited me to help work on bringing some more content into the game - you know... parts, basically.

So what does this mean for KSPX? Well, obviously it doesn't make much sense to be working on adding stock-style parts as an addon, while working on actual stock parts. So I don't have plans to continue updating here. Part of the reason I threw together 0.2.1 this weekend was so I can leave the parts already released in something of a more 'finished' state for you. On that note: I might throw together one more update for the pack with bug/config fixes, as I know those would be... irritating... to endure. (and maybe the few shaders that I missed).

Good news is, i'll be helping Nova with some of the workload, and part updates in the future should be a little beefier! And, sorry if I didn't get around to your suggestion in time... but it doesn't mean I've forgotten them! I'm amazed by the amount of interest this project brought in, and I won't leave that behind--you guys are full of great ideas, and the game is for you after all : )

0.2.1 is out now, get it here! (Bug reports very welcome!)

News/Links

Introduction

After having a lot of fun making a 2.5m NERVA engine, and learning the ropes of KSP part creation, I was looking to do some more! I love the look and feel of the stock parts (Kudos, NovaSilisko), but there were always some parts I wish were included in the game. Most mods out there don't really match the original style of KSP that well, or, for some missing parts, don't even exist. So, the idea for this pack came about. I decided I would stick to some rules:

• Must be KSP styled - if it doesn't look like it was there to begin with, it's not good enough!
  • Stats and gameplay must fit smoothly with the stock feel.
  • Must be unique in some way, and fill in a niche that a stock part doesn't.
  • Doesn't matter if it's basically a resize - it still gets a new model!

I will ALWAYS be open to suggestions. The pack isn't set in stone, I will always be willing to stick good ideas onto the next update! And finally, below is a complete and (usually) up to date list on what the pack (and future updates) are going to include:

Release 1.0 (Coming soon)

2/3/13 - Version 0.1 (Barebones, few parts)

2/15/13 - Version 0.2 (More Parts)

2/18/13 - Version 0.2.1 (0.2 with normal/spec maps)

Probe Size [0.625m]

Standard Size [1.25m]

• [NEW] Remote Guidance Unit - 1.25m probe core,
  • FL-C1 Payload Fairing - 1.25m Payload Fairing
  • [NEW] Escape Tower - Basically a nosecone that packs some angled high thrust, fast burning SRB's
  • FL-T100 Fuel tank - The small stock 1m fuel tank, half the height
  • MK1 Lander Can - Requested by Drassi. Basically a lander can for the 1.25m line of parts. Equivalent to the small 1-seater pod.
  • Mk1-3 Command pod - Soyuz-type descent capsule. Like the other two cone shape ones, but holds TWO kerbals, is a little bigger than 1.25m, and is more bulbous.
  • PB-NUK2 Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator - Larger RTG
  • PB-ION2 Electric Propulsion System - Expand the ion engine to the 1.25m line (but no farther!)
  • PB-X500 Xenon Container - To complement the 1.25 ion engine.
  • FL-O25 Oxidizer Tank - Requested by bmunichman. Similar to the 1.25m RCS tank, but for oxidizer only!

Jumbo Size [2.5m]

Adapters

Radial Parts

Release 2.0 (Spaceplane Update)

No Downloads Yet

• Podded Jet Engine - Jet engine that mounts radially. See here for examples.
  • Small Jet Engine - Probe sized jet engine.
  • Small Circular Intake - Probe sized air intake.
  • Small Radial Intake - Probe sized air intake.
  • Delta-Lite Winglet - Like the elevator type Delta-Deluxe winglet, but smaller.
  • Small Tailfin - A smaller version of the classic tailfin.
  • Small Canard - Small canard, yup.
  • Advanced Structural Wing - In between the delta and structural in angle. SO ADVANCED
  • Mk2-1 Cockpit - A cockpit to fit the Mk2 fuselages! Which... don't have a cockpit in stock, for some reason
  • Mk3 Nosecone - A nosecone for the Mk3 cockpit
  • Rockomax Mk2 Adapter - Mk2 to 2.5m
  • Rockomax Mk3 Adapter - Mk3 to 2.5m
  • Mk2 Bi-Adapter - Mk2 to 2x 1.25m
  • Mk3 Bi-Adapter - Mk3 to 2x 1.25m
  • Mk3 Tri-Adapter - Mk3 to 3x 1.25m
  • Mk3 to Size 1 Adapter - Mk3 to 1x 1.25m
  • Wing Section - Half size of the rectangle wing connector
  • Radial Ram Intake

Release 3.0 (Base/Station Update)

• Nuclear Reactor?
  • Expanded Girder Set
  • Space Station Science Module
  • Space Station EVA Module
  • LT-10 Landing Skid - Horizontal-landing landing skid for bases and large ships, sized for 2.5m
  • LT-15 Landing Skid - Sized for 1.25m
  • Leviathan XXL Solar Array - At everyone's request, an even bigger solar panel for your obscene space stations : I
  • SP-C Photovoltaic Panels - Circular solar panels like the Orion spacecraft has! With case!
  • OX-4C Photovoltaic Panels - Circular solar panels like the Orion spacecraft has! Without case!
  • Clamp-O-Tron Sr. - 2.5m Docking port

Edited by KasperVld

Please note that the version on SpacePort is v0.2.0 and thus outdated.

Ah, that's the one I've been using until now (downloading the new as I type this). Any significant changes to look out for?

Several of the components have become stock parts. Not just cupola, but also the smaller lander can, the two remote guidance units (with new, spiffy models), and the "Atlas" rocket (renamed the "Skipper"). Might be others too, that's just what I've noticed so far...

That said, keeping the old ones in the pack but in 0.20 format might be a good idea for people who still have flights with the old components on. We can always manually delete the parts we don't need.

Just add scale = 1.0 in all the parts CFG files. Example below.

// --- asset parameters ---

mesh = model.mu

scale = 1.0

rescaleFactor = 1.25

If you want to use the new file structure you will need to create a new folder in gamedata, possibly "KSPX". Make sure in that folder you add the KSPX parts folder in. Then you have to manually edit all the parts cfg again and add "PART {" to the very beginning and a "}" to the very end.

I suggest if you are not comfortable doing this, then just wait. It shouldn't be to long for this to get updated.

I would just post a repack, but I do not have permission too.

Mod updated, download link coming very soon in the first post.

Changelist:

[FEATURE] Updated to the new folder structure to assure compatability in future versions of KSP

Changelist:

Thanks for updating it!

Changelist:

On the cupola, the new one is a single seater and is about half the height. The KSPX is a 3-seater that is taller. Please don't drop this version, it's my favorite pod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.