[1.1.x] KSPX - Kerbal Stock Part eXpansion mod reposted v0.2.10.1 | 20/4/16

stupid_chris

Nuclear engine price is intended. Thread title is irrelevant. SAS will leave to be seen. No fixes needed.
I found out that some parts like the lon engines and the xenon tank added by your mod are missing in career or sience mode, because in the part.cfg file of these parts it says it needs the researchnode "largeProbes", wich doesnt exist ingame (anymore?). I changed it in my file so i have them ingame. That could be fixed if it is not intended.

It appears there is a fix that is needed. :wink:

http://i.imgur.com/YiH0K5Z.jpg

All credit goes to ClairaLyrae who created and managed all aspects of this mod and the credit for updating the mod to be compatible with KSP 0.21+ goes to stupid_chris. Extra credit to Taverius for his config breakinForce and breakingTorque values updates on the 0.2.4 update.

Update September 18th 2014

The current version is 0.2.7, for KSP 0.24.x. Changelog below:

....right. Oops. Want that changed?

I've [0.25]'d it for now.

Sorry, but this seems a little confusing. 0.2.7 good for 0.25.x?

The ion engine is in the "Large Probes" technode but in the stock techtree this node is no longer persistent.

Was the node deleted or locked?

Would it be possible to change the tech of the ion engine? "Experimental Electrics" seems to be the only node where it could possibly fit.

Oh and also the dowload points at a 0.2.7 version but inside the zip it is a 0.2.6.1, this is at kerbalstuff and mediafire, is it a mistake or intended?

• 4 weeks later...
Can we expect an update for .90?

Since KSPX is a parts only mod with no DLL's or anything that adds functions to KSP, all that should be required is editing all the .cfg files in the Kspx\Parts\Propulsion path to change their categories from Propulsion to FuelTank or Engine as appropriate for the part. If you don't do that, they should all appear in Fuel Tanks in the editors.

You may also want to switch the small ion engine and small xenon tank from Utility to Engine and FuelTank categories. Dunno why KSPX had them in Utility.

That will work for Sandbox since it ignores the Tech tree. Finding which tech node names have been altered and editing the TechRequired lines in the .cfg files will fix that.

Since KSPX is a parts only mod with no DLL's or anything that adds functions to KSP, all that should be required is editing all the .cfg files in the Kspx\Parts\Propulsion path to change their categories from Propulsion to FuelTank or Engine as appropriate for the part. If you don't do that, they should all appear in Fuel Tanks in the editors.

You may also want to switch the small ion engine and small xenon tank from Utility to Engine and FuelTank categories. Dunno why KSPX had them in Utility.

That will work for Sandbox since it ignores the Tech tree. Finding which tech node names have been altered and editing the TechRequired lines in the .cfg files will fix that.

Not really. Anything in propulsion is sorted automatically by the game into engines/fuel tanks.

But yes, there will be a short update for 0.90. Probably this week.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.