[1.1.x] KSPX - Kerbal Stock Part eXpansion mod reposted v0.2.10.1 | 20/4/16

stupid_chris

I have edited the configs of most of the KSPX parts to be updated for .24. I did not include the fuel tanks, but I did balance everything else. Any word from a mod on my being allowed to do so or not? I saw the wording of the licence in the OP and it suggests that I am not to upload any part of the mod, but it does not explicitly state that I may not distribute a fix/update to it.

Edited by WololoW

You could just post the changed lines of the config files you edited, so everyone can decide to either edit their own files or use ModuleManager - and whoever maintains the mod can choose to adopt your changes or not.

it does not state that I may not distribute a fix/update to it.

I guess you can post a fix on this thread for the time being. Stupid_Chris has his hands full with realchute, but ask him.

I have attempted to do what you suggested KerbMav, but it would literally take me longer to do that than it took me to edit them in the first place.

Here is the dropbox link to the .cfg changes. Stupid_Chris please let me know if this is not allowed and I will immediately comply and remove them from my dropbox and remove the link here.

*edit* I will have a new link with a MM config file up as soon as I learn how to do that *edit*

Changes:

Re-balanced prices and stats to be in line with stock

Re-balanced the LV-NB (Large Nuclear Engine) to be 1.5x the LV-N (Stock Nuclear Engine) in every way. Reasoning : It didnt make sense that this part was balanced to 2x LV-N since you can easily put 2 LV-N's onto a build, but cant easily add 1.5x LV-N.

If Stupid_Chris is okay with this, I will even go in and re-balance everything that I didnt in the first pass, and make sure that all my changes are correct/complete.

EDIT** All credit goes to ClairaLyrae who created and managed all aspects of this mod and the credit for updating the mod to be compatible with KSP 0.21+ goes to stupid_chris. Extra credit to Taverius for his config breakinForce and breakingTorque values updates on the 0.2.4 update.

Edited by WololoW
Credited

Re-balanced the LV-NB (Large Nuclear Engine) to be 1.5x the LV-N (Stock Nuclear Engine) in every way. Reasoning : It didnt make sense that this part was balanced to 2x LV-N since you can easily put 2 LV-N's onto a build, but cant easily add 1.5x LV-N.

Thanks man! Although i set LV-NB back to its original stats, since i use a 1.5x LV-N config on This mod's nuclear engine ^^

Initar: I was thinking that if Stupid_Chris doesnt mind this, I will let out 2-3 versions of the LV-NB. One at 1.5x, one at 2x(Original plan from ClairaLyrae) and one at 2.5x (the other multiplier I was debating on using when re-balancing)

As long as you are using MM to do your changes, distributing modified configs from the original parts of the mod does not really comply with the license, as it is also part of the mod. Distributing files to make new parts out of the models does work, but you must use MODEL nodes and stuff. Apart from that, I,ll get on this pretty soon.

Okay. I will look into how to change it into a MM config until you have enough time to do a full update. If you like my changes, feel free to use them as you wish!

I am editing my previous post and removing the link, and I will also remove the files from Dropbox as soon as I get to my computer.

Thanks for getting back to me chris

Edited by WololoW

My post below has the MM config file to update all KSPX parts (except escape tower)

Changelog:

Large Inline Reaction Wheel

Balanced Cost, Mass, Torques, & Electrical Charge Requirement

Inline Advanced Stabilizer, Micro

Balanced Cost, Torques, & Electrical Charge Requirement

Inline Reaction Wheel Micro

Balanced Cost, Mass, Torques, & Electrical Charge Requirement

LV-NB

Now balanced for 1.5x LV-N, not 2x

Balanced Cost, Mass & Electrical Charge Generation

Added Contract Support (Untested)

Updated Description

PB-ION2

Balanced Cost

Added Contract Support (Untested)

PB-X300 (Now PB-X600)

Balanced Cost, Mass, & Xenon amount

Changed Name & Description to better reflect Xenon amount.

FL-R1S RCS Fuel Tank

Balanced Cost

Moved to largeControl tech group unlock

X200-48 Liquid Fuel Tank

Balanced Cost

Stratus-V Cylindrified Liquid Fuel Tank

Balanced Cost

Stratus-V Cylindrified Oxidizer Tank

Balanced Cost

Stratus-V Roundified Liquid Fuel Tank

Balanced Cost

Stratus-V Roundified Oxidizer Tank

Balanced Cost

I am now working on updating the other parts that I did not do on the first pass.

Just put that config file anywhere in your GameData folder, I have been testing with it inside GameData\KSPX. This is loaded with Module Manager and was tested using 2.2.1.

Enjoy!

Edited by WololoW
Updated link

I made 2 more versions, the only difference between the 3 versions is the LV-NB's balance (1.5x LV-N, 2x LV-N, & 2.5x LV-N.)

You can find them below -

KSPXUpdate1-5(for LV-NB that is 1.5x the LV-N)[Original Upload]

KSPXUpdate2(for LV-NB that is 2x the LV-N)[KSPX Faithful Upload]

KSPXUpdate2-5(for LV-NB that is 2.5x the LV-N)[Optional Upload]

Enjoy everyone!

P.S. I have not balanced the escape tower for any of them, as I feel that the part will/should likely be removed from KSPX due to the NASAMission equivalent (Escape tower was basically added to stock game in .23.5)

EDIT** Just tried this fix with Modular Fuel Tanks installed, it seems that MFT is editing the KSPX stuff and changing the amounts after my change happens. As this is my first config file, I have no idea how to fix this.

These config files are distributed using CC BY 4.0 Licence, found here http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/

Edited by WololoW
Added Modular Fuel Tanks Info

I made 2 more versions, the only difference between the 3 versions is the LV-NB's balance (1.5x LV-N, 2x LV-N, & 2.5x LV-N.)

You can find them below -

KSPUpdate1-5(for LV-NB that is 1.5x the LV-N)[Original Upload]

KSPUpdate2(for LV-NB that is 2x the LV-N)[KSPX Faithful Upload]

KSPUpdate2-5(for LV-NB that is 2.5x the LV-N)[Optional Upload]

Enjoy everyone!

P.S. I have not balanced the escape tower for any of them, as I feel that the part will/should likely be removed from KSPX due to the NASAMission equivalent (Escape tower was basically added to stock game in .23.5)

EDIT** Just tried this fix with Modular Fuel Tanks installed, it seems that MFT is editing the KSPX stuff and changing the amounts after my change happens. As this is my first config file, I have no idea how to fix this.

I find the NASA pack escape tower to be vastly inferior and is something I deleted from my copy of the game. If anything, Squad should've made the KSPX one stock rather than waste resources making a part that's useless by comparison.

Shouldn't have toggled boomerang mode, mate. And that's the first time I've heard "too much fuel" used as a mark against a KSP part.

why did i suddenly get a image of jeb saying "this is jeb to ground control, we packed too much fuel!" "this is ground control, why do you think that jeb?" "jeb here, well i can't find kerbin behind me... or the sun... or my eyeballs..."

XD

I find the NASA pack escape tower to be vastly inferior and is something I deleted from my copy of the game. If anything, Squad should've made the KSPX one stock rather than waste resources making a part that's useless by comparison.

Agreed. Even if the "stock" option weren't inferior (and a little out of place cosmetically), I really don't see why you'd need to remove the KSPX's.

I see many people want the kspx tower, so I will work on it for ya! What should I not change? Seems the amount of fuel is a good thing, I may balance around that.

Just copy the stock Nasa tower's fuel/power/mass/cost. Increase/decrease them proportionately based upon scale/crew_capacity.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.