[1.1.x] KSPX - Kerbal Stock Part eXpansion mod reposted v0.2.10.1 | 20/4/16

stupid_chris

Quick question, is "propulsion" the right name for one of the folders in KSPX? There isn't one in the original game, seems to be called "Engine"?

Edit: And "control" too? Is that not "command"?

• 2 weeks later...

KasperVld,

I noticed that some of the part's bottom nodes are slightly off, which causes visible part clipping. It doesn't affect the gameplay but looks kinda ugly.

Here's what I did to fix this:

Parts/Propulsion/small_shortFuelTank/part.cfg, Line 15:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]-0.262[/COLOR][/B], 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

Parts/Utility/small_xenonTank, Line 12:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]-0.212[/COLOR][/B], 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

Parts/Structural/small_longAdapter, Line 15:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]-0.262[/COLOR][/B], 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

Parts/Structural/small_quadCoupler, Lines 16-19:

node_stack_bottom01 = 0.5, [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]-0.412[/COLOR][/B], 0.5, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_bottom02 = 0.5, [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]-0.412[/COLOR][/B], -0.5, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_bottom03 = -0.5, [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]-0.412[/COLOR][/B], 0.5, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_bottom04 = -0.5, [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]-0.412[/COLOR][/B], -0.5, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

Parts/Structural/small_shortAdapter, Line 15:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]-0.013[/COLOR][/B], 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

Additionally, I swapped the models for the radial (cylindrified) fuel and monopropellant tank because it's more intuitive for me to have an orange stripe on the fuel tank (after all, it burns :wink: ) and grey on the monopropellant. That's a matter of taste however.

It would be great if you could include those changes in your next update!

• 2 weeks later...
I really hope most of the parts will be included in the later official releases, 'cause all of them are damn useful.

From what I've seen so far, I'll echo that sentiment (and offer my thanks for all these wonderful toys!).

Edited by HeadHunter67

Hey Kasper are you gonna update this too for .21? I feel like the biggest of the work will be changing the modules from the SAS and ASAS parts to be compatible with the new control wheel system, but still it would be nice if you were to update it ^^

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Kasper are you gonna update this too for .21? I feel like the biggest of the work will be changing the modules from the SAS and ASAS parts to be compatible with the new control wheel system, but still it would be nice if you were to update it ^^

I'll second that! Loving to see KSPX parts in the stock game, but not all of them are there yet. Does the new SAS/control wheel model mean that the small SAS and ASAS will no longer work? That's......inconvenient. I used those a LOT.

I'll second that! Loving to see KSPX parts in the stock game, but not all of them are there yet. Does the new SAS/control wheel model mean that the small SAS and ASAS will no longer work? That's......inconvenient. I used those a LOT.

I went through my KSPX and deleted everything that's now stock, and the non-monoprop Stratus-V tanks that I never used anyway (the monoprop versions are now stock). When I was done, I was left with just nine remaining parts! Under KSPX/Parts/Control: large_sasModule, mini_asas, and mini_sas. Under KSPX/Parts/Propulsion: large_nuclearEngine, large_shortMonoTank, large_tripleFuelTank, and small_escapeTower. Under KSPX/Parts/Utility: small_ionEngine and small_xenonTank.

The (A)SAS parts need updating to work with 0.21, but it's a pretty simple fix. Open each of their part.cfg files and make a few quick changes. Near the top of each will be a line that reads "module = SASModule" or "module = AdvSASModule". Change those to read "module = Part". Then, at the bottom of each, you'll see a section that starts with a comment "// --- SAS parameters ---". Delete everything between that comment and the next one, then add a MODULE section for the new SAS parameters. Here's what I put for mine:

In large_sasModule/part.cfg:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleReactionWheel

PitchTorque = 12
YawTorque = 12
RollTorque = 12

RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 1.2
}
}

(I just copied that section from the Mk1-2 command pod, giving the large SAS module the same torque.)

In mini_sas/part.cfg, I put:

MODULE
{

PitchTorque = 0.4
YawTorque = 0.4
RollTorque = 0.4

RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 0.04
}
}

This is slightly more torque than a normal probe core. I decided to do that after noting that the stock SAS module has slightly more torque than the stock Mk1 command pod.

Finally, for mini_asas/part.cfg, I put:

MODULE
{

PitchTorque = 0.4
YawTorque = 0.4
RollTorque = 0.4

RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 0.04
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSAS
}

Same as the SAS, but with the additional module section the former ASAS units now have.

That should do the trick...

Edited by Gaius

Can you remove the unneeded parts from this now, and fix the ASAS and SAS units?

This. At this point, I'm basically using KSPX as a holdover until all the parts are in the stock game. (especially the adorable escape tower!)

To save everyone else the trouble of sorting through the parts, the following KSPX parts were made stock in .21.x and can be removed from KSPX:

large_biAdapter

large_quadAdapter

large_triAdapter

mini_batteryPack

mini_hexProbe

mini_liquidFuelEngine

mini_rcsTank

radial_microEngine

radial_xenonTank

small_quadCoupler

small_shortAdapter

small_shortFuelTank

The SAS/ASAS parts should still work like they did before .21; if you want to update them to .21, see Gaius' post upthread. That said if KasperVLD doesn't get around to updating these in the next week or so, I'll probably make a ModuleManager CFG that will patch the parts without having to redistribute everything.

To save everyone else the trouble of sorting through the parts, the following KSPX parts were made stock in .21.x and can be removed from KSPX:

The SAS/ASAS parts should still work like they did before .21; if you want to update them to .21, see Gaius' post upthread. That said if KasperVLD doesn't get around to updating these in the next week or so, I'll probably make a ModuleManager CFG that will patch the parts without having to redistribute everything.

Thanks so much was looking for this info :)

Finally, for mini_asas/part.cfg, I put:

MODULE
{

PitchTorque = 0.4
YawTorque = 0.4
RollTorque = 0.4

RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 0.04
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSAS
}

Same as the SAS, but with the additional module section the former ASAS units now have.

With the implementation of version 0.21.1, i believe it makes the miniASAS part now obsolete?

It's only advantage over the miniSAS part was that is also supported the ModuleSAS, but that has now been implemented as standard into all probe cores as well as command pods if I understood the release note correctly, which means you can delete this part as well and increase your load times by half a second! :D

Yeah... 0.21.1 also changed the *Torque parameters on the stock (A)SAS modules to 20. Might want to change the 12s to 20s on my large_sasModule config suggestion above. Probably don't want that much torque on the mini ones though, that'd be just insane... they also reduced the ElectricCharge consumption rate. I'm leaving mine alone for now, though -- I'll wait until they stop fiddling with the numbers before trying to balance my own edits...

I'll wait until they stop fiddling with the numbers before trying to balance my own edits...

When thats is, and if there's no official update, could you post your CFGs somewhere for lazy people like me? (I don't dare to meddle with those parameters)

If there's any problem with the parts, just tell me and I'll see about it. There shouldn't be any, I only modified the old SAS/ASAS parts to fit the new logic, so other parts should be fine, but I took the time to test the SAS parts and they worked as intended for me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.