[1.1.x] KSPX - Kerbal Stock Part eXpansion mod reposted v0.2.10.1 | 20/4/16

stupid_chris

I find it a shame that development on this got stopped and all those listed planned parts never happened. Though I am happy that the developer now works for Squad and all these are eventually going stock. They are very needed. Once again, just a thank you for all teh awesome work this pack has helped me with and it willl not surprise me if it is entirely gone stock by .22.

I find it a shame that development on this got stopped and all those listed planned parts never happened. Though I am happy that the developer now works for Squad and all these are eventually going stock. They are very needed. Once again, just a thank you for all teh awesome work this pack has helped me with and it willl not surprise me if it is entirely gone stock by .22.

So are we ever going to see the "could have been" radial drogue chute? ;.;

I looked forward to the (3.0) base expansion plans she had...

I just hope these eventually make it in game....

Radial Parts

Candleator Mk1 - Smaller, dimmer flush mounted spotlight (beam is near parallel to mount, erm, see pictures XD)

Candleator Mk2 - Smaller, dimmer omni light.

Mk25-Radial Mount Parachute - Radial mount drogue chutes. Requested by Drassi. Sounds good, I remember thinking these would be nice once

Mk1-R Radial Mount Parachute - Radial mount mini chutes, for when the normal radial chutes are just too darn big

Release 2.0 (Spaceplane Update)

No Downloads Yet

Podded Jet Engine - Jet engine that mounts radially. See here for examples.

Small Jet Engine - Probe sized jet engine.

Small Circular Intake - Probe sized air intake.

Small Radial Intake - Probe sized air intake.

Delta-Lite Winglet - Like the elevator type Delta-Deluxe winglet, but smaller.

Small Tailfin - A smaller version of the classic tailfin.

Small Canard - Small canard, yup.

Advanced Structural Wing - In between the delta and structural in angle. SO ADVANCED

Mk2-1 Cockpit - A cockpit to fit the Mk2 fuselages! Which... don't have a cockpit in stock, for some reason

Mk3 Nosecone - A nosecone for the Mk3 cockpit

Rockomax Mk2 Adapter - Mk2 to 2.5m

Rockomax Mk3 Adapter - Mk3 to 2.5m

Mk2 Bi-Adapter - Mk2 to 2x 1.25m

Mk3 Bi-Adapter - Mk3 to 2x 1.25m

Mk3 Tri-Adapter - Mk3 to 3x 1.25m

Mk3 to Size 1 Adapter - Mk3 to 1x 1.25m

Wing Section - Half size of the rectangle wing connector

Release 3.0 (Base/Station Update)

Nuclear Reactor?

Expanded Girder Set

Space Station Science Module

Space Station EVA Module

LT-10 Landing Skid - Horizontal-landing landing skid for bases and large ships, sized for 2.5m

LT-15 Landing Skid - Sized for 1.25m

Leviathan XXL Solar Array - At everyone's request, an even bigger solar panel for your obscene space stations : I

SP-C Photovoltaic Panels - Circular solar panels like the Orion spacecraft has! With case!

OX-4C Photovoltaic Panels - Circular solar panels like the Orion spacecraft has! Without case!

5 parts as of 0.2.3 are missing the breakingForce/breakingTorque required for stackmount parts of their diameter.

Here is a ModuleManager file that adds them in.

For the 2.5m parts, that means going from the default value (which I believe is 20) to the 200 that all other 2.5m stackable parts have.

And now the link for the download is broken great

The second was, the topmost download link works great. I fixed the second one as well now.

And Taverius, mind PMing me those changes you made through modulemanager? I'm going to update this for .22 and I'll include those in if you don't mind.

ahhh forgot about that one. I'd need the old part, which I don't have. I'll try to see if I can find a download to 0.2.1 somewhere. I'd rather not touch the stock one though.

EDIT: Okay, I managed to get the part. I'll see to add this to the .22 version.

Edited by stupid_chris

Teach Tree?

Tech tree! :D

Alright guys, compatibility update 0.2.4 for what's left of the mod. Changelog below, download in the OP. I did my best to assign each part to the place I thought it fits the best, if you pick up any inconsistencies just tell me, I'm open to suggestions:)

KSPX v0.2.4 - compatibility update for KSP 0.22
Released October 17th, 2013

[FEATURE] Assigned each part to a node of the tech tree and tweaked the prices to meet stock standards
[FIX] Tweaked the SAS stats to have a more noticeable difference between each part for the tech tree
[FIX] Fixed breakingForce and breakingTorque values for the large SAS module
[FIX] Fixed breakingForce and breakingTorque values for the LV-NB
[FIX] Fixed breakingForce and breakingTorque values for the FL-R1S Monopropellant tank
[FIX] Fixed breakingForce and breakingTorque values for the Escape Tower
[FIX] Fixed breakingForce and breakingTorque values for the PB-ION2
[ADDED] Updated the old cupola to 0.22 and made it available in the download for those who wish to, just merge it with the Main KSPX folder if you want the pod.

Edited by stupid_chris

Tech tree! :D

Alright guys, compatibility update 0.2.4 for what's left of the mod. Changelog below, download in the OP. I did my best to assign each part to the place I thought it fits the best, if you pick up any inconsistencies just tell me, I'm open to suggestions:)

Thank you very much. I love this pack.

Thanks for the update!

Just one critical observation: putting "cl_small_ionEngine" and "cl_small_xenonTank" under "largeProbes" seems an odd choice. The apparent meaning of "large" in this context is 2.5m (the size of "probeStackLarge", its only stock representative). Note that the 1.25m stock probe core, "probeStackSmall", is under "advUnmanned", and that's the probe core that these parts would go with. (Note the "small" in "probeStackSmall" having the same meaning as the "small" in "cl_small_ionEngine" and "cl_small_xenonTank": 1.25m. CL and Squad both tend to use the terminology "large" = 2.5m, "small" = 1.25m, and "mini" = 0.625m, albeit not entirely consistently.) But even that aside, wouldn't the "ionPropulsion" node make the most sense? It would at least be consistent with placing "cl_large_nuclearEngine" under "nuclearPropulsion", which seems to be the right place for it despite being a different size-class from the stock engine in that same node. If it makes sense for nuclear engines, it would seem to make sense for ion engines too, at least to me.

I would also argue that "cl_mini_asas" and "cl_mini_sas" belong under "precisionEngineering", but that's debatable and a rather minor quibble in any case.

Just a warning to those using the new version, Everytime I've stuck a KSPX part on my rocket the game freaks out. Rockets just roll over for no reason on launch. The VAB freaks out and designs get really screwed up, oh and let's not forget if I revert a launch the rocket goes really freaky, it appears on it's side(Just a few pieces of it anyway) and then phantom parts also appear!!

Traced it to KSPX parts only, so not sure what happened between the last version and the new one.......

Thanks for the update!

Just one critical observation: putting "cl_small_ionEngine" and "cl_small_xenonTank" under "largeProbes" seems an odd choice. The apparent meaning of "large" in this context is 2.5m (the size of "probeStackLarge", its only stock representative). Note that the 1.25m stock probe core, "probeStackSmall", is under "advUnmanned", and that's the probe core that these parts would go with. (Note the "small" in "probeStackSmall" having the same meaning as the "small" in "cl_small_ionEngine" and "cl_small_xenonTank": 1.25m. CL and Squad both tend to use the terminology "large" = 2.5m, "small" = 1.25m, and "mini" = 0.625m, albeit not entirely consistently.) But even that aside, wouldn't the "ionPropulsion" node make the most sense? It would at least be consistent with placing "cl_large_nuclearEngine" under "nuclearPropulsion", which seems to be the right place for it despite being a different size-class from the stock engine in that same node. If it makes sense for nuclear engines, it would seem to make sense for ion engines too, at least to me.

I would also argue that "cl_mini_asas" and "cl_mini_sas" belong under "precisionEngineering", but that's debatable and a rather minor quibble in any case.

I put them there to be above the stock ion engines. If I was to drop them anywhere, it would be with those, but I wanted them to be in a separate node because it felt weird to me to have both there. And I know that the standards are usually small 1.25m and large 2.5m, but that node is placed directly above the stock ion engines and the 1.25m ion engine is noticeably larger than the stock one.

As for the SAS parts, I'll look again to see where I dropped them and if it would make sense where you proposed them, I don't know the tree by heart.

EDIT: Alright, where I placed them still makes sense to me. The small ASAS is along with the second probe core you get and next to the first solar panels. I would've dropped it with the first probe core but it made little sence since the normal SAS part is researched there and it makes more sense as a progression to have the smaller one after. For the small SAS part, it's higher up because I made it more powerful than the ASAS, though more tech needed and makes more sense to have it higher up, where more probe parts come along.

Just a warning to those using the new version, Everytime I've stuck a KSPX part on my rocket the game freaks out. Rockets just roll over for no reason on launch. The VAB freaks out and designs get really screwed up, oh and let's not forget if I revert a launch the rocket goes really freaky, it appears on it's side(Just a few pieces of it anyway) and then phantom parts also appear!!

Traced it to KSPX parts only, so not sure what happened between the last version and the new one.......

That's most likely a plugin problem, the only changes to the parts were a few lines in the cfg files. The models and textures were untouched, I'm 99% sure they can't be the problem.

Edited by stupid_chris

That's most likely a plugin problem, the only changes to the parts were a few lines in the cfg files. The models and textures were untouched, I'm 99% sure they can't be the problem.

Don't know about railgunners issues but I can confirm that my issues were definately nothing to do with kspx :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.