Togglable Heat Shield for B9, SPP etc

rextable

Hello good forums peeps

I have a suggestion/request:

The B9 Aerospace Addon, as we all know and love, brilliantly allows the user to toggle heat shielding on/off on curtain parts (RCS modules for example) and changes their textures accordingly - ACE!. I'd love to see this functionality extended to the B9 aircraft parts (wings, fuselage, cockpits etc) not to mention the stock SP parts. Of course, B9 plane parts already have ablative shielding permanently, but being able to toggle this on or off both visually and functionally in the VAB/SPH would be shweeeeet!!!

Spanx then

R x

As I understand it, KSP doesn't truly mirror symmetric parts even in mirror mode – it flips them, so you'd end up with the heat shield on top of the wing on one side. Snjo was working on a fix in Firespitter, but I don't think it's been released yet.

As I understand it, KSP doesn't truly mirror symmetric parts even in mirror mode – it flips them, so you'd end up with the heat shield on top of the wing on one side. Snjo was working on a fix in Firespitter, but I don't think it's been released yet.

Oh! I didn't realize that, thanks for the info Master Tao. I'll watch out for a fix for said issue from Snjo.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.