[v0.19] Damned Robotics Version 1.3

DYJ

@colmo: Shouldn\'t the new attachment logic allow you to attach truss bits to the sides of other truss bits?

Yes, I discovered that was the case after posting!

I would like a truss with a centre node - ideal for sticking on a rotatron or powered hinge to counter-balance two objects.

Has anyone else had an issue with half of the parts not loading into the game? I mean the game loads up fine, but everything but the swing-wing, vtol, and one other part, don\'t show up in any of the parts menus.

@ TOAST: Sounds like you only installed the Aerospace pack and forgot the robotics one, they are two separate things you know.

@ colmo: I\'d appreciate a sketch of some kind since I\'m not sure what you mean.

@ TOAST: Sounds like you only installed the Aerospace pack and forgot the robotics one, they are two separate things you know.

@ colmo: I\'d appreciate a sketch of some kind since I\'m not sure what you mean.

I think colmo wants something like this:

zCaFA.png

Apologies for the quick Paint diagram, but you can see the general idea.

I have both DamnedAerospace 1.5.1 and DamnedRobotics 1.2 installed.

Turns out when I installed it I put a second folder in the folder, thus disrupting parts folder placement.

I think colmo wants something like this:

zCaFA.png

Apologies for the quick Paint diagram, but you can see the general idea.

Bingo.

So what\'s wrong with this? :

fhS5r.jpg

Probably just for convenience, I suppose. It\'s difficult to get it exactly dead-center.

Yes, that\'s it - say you want to mount a twin missile launcher on the back of a BigTrak. Rotatron, powered hinge, and then there\'s no way to get a truss to sit balanced on top....

Don\'t get me wrong, DYJ, I love your work, just want it to realise it\'s full potential :thumbup:

Super awesome mod! In my quest to make a giant helicopter with wings as blades, it seems there\'s no way to control the speed of the servos on any of the parts. Is this a planned feature?

I\'ve created a ship that uses this mod to put a SUNBEAM underwater to lase previously underwater and indestructible debris, then retracts the laser above the water for safe high-speed movement. My ocean is now blissfully clear!

Why does nobody like the UAZ?

It\'s a bit small to attach much to. Even the big truck is a bit tiny for some purposes. Looking forward to the first electromagnet attachment, it\'ll be smaller than the (necessarily) huge claw!

If that cool DYJ camera mod comes out, we\'re going to need more than F7 and F8 to control all the feeds....we\'ll need virtual TV production studios to handle the insane number of cameras some folks will deploy!

Setting the jointSpring parameter to something very low (0.000001 for example) will make them seemingly freely rotating.

Pics may contain traces of mun-arch. Ridiculously spoiler shy people be aware.

hVkBL.png

wbh60.png

just something i made with this :)

.craft too,

to walk initial you need to setup the legs using the on screen display to make the legs bend and touch the floor,

then using the number keys press them in sequence 1,2,3,4,5,6 back to 1 etc.. it takes a bit of practice to get the timings down int eh video i used a macro to giv me consistent steps so i could play with it and not have to keep pressing buttons :)