[v0.19] Damned Robotics Version 1.3

DYJ

seems nobody has reported it, except for the guy who asked if anyone had reported this bug - but i can confirm that when switching vessels or going in and out of high-speed warp, the objects attached to the joints get their positions all messed up

btw - the "event" here is vessel pack/unpack - it is triggered whenever "real" physics get swapped with "stable" physics -- may be a problem only on joints that have been actuated before warp...

i found this comes in as a guaranteed problem if you attempt to place those long RCS booms from the kosmos pack on the elbow hinges so you can "stow" them for takeoff

anyways, cheers!

I would like smaller versions of the rotator and the hinge parts. Maybe also the hydraulic cylinder.. would be much more simple and convinient fitting them on smaller rovers. A small hinge for mounting the camera, cylinder for raising antennas etc.

is it possible to scale the parts down in a simple way?

I would like smaller versions of the rotator and the hinge parts. Maybe also the hydraulic cylinder.. would be much more simple and convinient fitting them on smaller rovers. A small hinge for mounting the camera, cylinder for raising antennas etc.

is it possible to scale the parts down in a simple way?

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/19056-Mods-Cfg-Edits-That-Don-t-Deserve-a-Thread?p=257024#post257024

The kracken has taken a different form!! I hoped that 0.17 would end the random ship exploding and while the twitch has gone a whole new nasty has occurred.

GHzQpl.jpg

DcKqTl.jpg

That distortion is not a major issue, its more aesthetic than actually mission ending. But there is a MAJOR issue;

If I don't move any of the DR parts then it stays ok but if parts have been moved then time warp and reload do nasty things;

SIOUBl.jpg

JZJho.jpg

Note: the DR parts that have not been moved don't get messed up.

All the hinges are messed up and cylinders are not aligned with themselves! They are still all connected and can be moved but the ship is completely useless!

I'm trying to resurrect my 'Reaver' attack ship which was badass in 0.15 but has been grounded since 0.16

What exactly do you guys mean with "0.17 update" ? The mod works in .17 although the bugs that popped up in .16 still persist, but thats a code issue so that's not something I can fix.

Here's another suggestion to add to the pile - DR parts have the option of user-defined toggleable positions as well. i.e. you can have a hinge with two set positions at, say, 30 degrees and 90 degrees, and a press of the bound key causes it to switch between the two. SasquatchM would likely kill for such a feature on his folding planes.

What exactly do JointSpring and JointDamping do? I know that setting Damping to very low number that is greater than 0 makes it pretty much free swinging, but I am having issues balancing a cfg edited rototron to function as an engine

What exactly do JointSpring and JointDamping do? I know that setting Damping to very low number that is greater than 0 makes it pretty much free swinging, but I am having issues balancing a cfg edited rototron to function as an engine

Can't help you much there, as Unity's joints are quite messy, and then the game adds some extra complications due to the (undefined) units it use.

The CFG parameters set the lowAngularXLimit and highAngularXLimit of the ConfigurableJoint to a SoftJointLimit with those parameters.