[v0.19] Damned Robotics Version 1.3

DYJ

I have an issue ... I made a robotic arm for my shuttle but when I come back too it the truss parts are all horizontal yet still invisibly connected to the joints and rotatron. It's like they reset their axis but don't update when you move them again... Any ideas?

I have an issue ... I made a robotic arm for my shuttle but when I come back too it the truss parts are all horizontal yet still invisibly connected to the joints and rotatron. It's like they reset their axis but don't update when you move them again... Any ideas?

you can temporary solving this issue with leaving craft after moving parts to restore their orginal position... but its not working all time..

Is there any chance you could put Damned Robotics on Kerbal.net? I use it in mosts of my crafts, and it would be nice to be able to include it in the required parts.

• 6 months later...

I have a question about the "Rotatrons".

If I use a "radial-decoupler" to add an engine and fuel tank to the side of a pod or crew tank...it is very stable and solid.

If I put the Rotatron on the sides of the pod/crew tank and then stick the "Radial Decoupler" to the sides of it(One flipped for dual-action in the same direction) there is a problem.

When I get into orbit and go to fire off the engines that are attached to the decoupler, they wobble and flex like the decoupler joints are suddenly made of rubber!

Does anyone happen to know the possible cause of this?

I would love to have a ship that could rotate it's engines for landing on the Mun without needing lander legs at the butt of the ship.

I've tried creating VTOL engine groups for flat-landing but i haven't figured it out just yet...I think I need an action group to turn off the forward thrust engines and enable the VTOL engines.

Thanks,

Dm

When I get into orbit and go to fire off the engines that are attached to the decoupler, they wobble and flex like the decoupler joints are suddenly made of rubber!

I think it is just something with the rotatron part, I have been having the same problem. I can't test it right now but maby you can put the whole rotatron and engines on the end of a decoupler droping the entire thing, it might work better and save you some weight. (not sure if this post will show up soon since my account got wiped out and they probably need to be approved for 5 posts again) *edit: nope didnt have to wait for approval, yay!

Hi out there!

I am currently trying to slightly modify the Hinge servo - however I am having no luck. Eventually I want to create more custom servos, but I need help. the MuMechLib has no wiki I am aware of so trying to understand the code(api in the config file) has been difficult.

I am trying to rotate the Hinge model's top joint in blender 90 degrees, export as .dae file and update the config file to handle the new orientation. So far I am getting an oversize part with large gaps when i look at it in game (see screen shots). and no servo control either. I am including the files and would appreciate any support.

If I can get somewhere with this would be happy to full fill new robotic part requests!

You will need the Full plugin Damned Robotics. Thanks in advanced!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100934/DRhinge90degree.zip

ksp-ingame-hinge.jpg

ksp-blender-hinge.jpg

Edited by lifegrasp

I have a strange issue. After installing I built some structure on a craft with several hinges that actually worked, I built a more complex mechanism. When I launched that one, no part responded to any movement command. Since then, no robotic part moves anymore. I created new crafts, restarted KSP several times, even reinstalled damned robotics. Nothing works, and I don't know why. Does anybody know what to do?

Edit: Clean KSP install, reboot, still no movement at all from the robotic parts.

Edited by cm2227