[v0.19] Damned Robotics Version 1.3

DYJ

The berthingtool has been put on hold, turns out unity hates small node_colliders. Something else will however take its place, something hopefully much better.

I had the same issue with the Toggle parts, I set it to use semicolon ';' with no issues. The Roboparts have a GUI also, so you don\'t actually NEED the keys. Boardspace is definitely a problem in KSP though.

Is it just me, or are all these parts massively oversized? I tried putting a manipulator arm on a rover to move spent stages around and de-clutter my Munolith base, but to my dismay I found out even a fully closed claw doesn\'t grasp a 1m tank completely (mind you, I found that out after I put the damn thing on the Mun). If I so much as touch the steering controls, the damn thing slides right out again. IMO pretty much all of these should be about half the size they are now.

8LY8h.jpg

Been trying to make a set of smaller parts, but unity simply can\'t handle that small colliders. And the lack of small colliders means that I can\'t make a claw, but we are working on an alternative to the claw that will work down to much smaller size.

It might be possible to make a 75% size set, but I\'ve been too busy doing other things to do the required testing.

So it\'s a technical limitation? Darn.

Theoretically grabbing the tank should get exponentially easier with two claws like this:

| | <-Claw

=== <-Tank

\' \' <-Claw again ;D

Yeah, but how do you build that?

Huh, interesting. By that logic the small Probodyne structural parts should work as well.

Though I have built an X-shaped claw manipulator in the meantime, so I might as well just launch that.

If you mean MechJeb, this is MechJeb. The autopilot wouldn\'t have a clue what to do with a bunch of servo controls though. You can set the speed of the rotation in the part.cfg yourself.

If you mean MechJeb, this is MechJeb. The autopilot wouldn\'t have a clue what to do with a bunch of servo controls though. You can set the speed of the rotation in the part.cfg yourself.

I\'m pretty sure MethJeb was a pun.

Good one too.

I had a chance to download and play with this last night. Lots of fun.

One thing, though - the hydraulic cylinder - I keep wanting to flip it over. I changed my entire design and got around it, but if it was possible to 'flip' the orientation someway, it would open a lot of doors.

If there\'s a way to do it via cfg, then I would be happy to do that. I tried horking around with it last night but couldn\'t figure it out.