[v0.19] Damned Robotics Version 1.3

DYJ

You can probably make them quite a lot smaller now, since there are no part to part collisions anyway.

Decided to start up blender this evening.

Very sloppy rigging, just a first go at making a hand.

First thing I thought when I saw this was, 'Can I use this to grab kerbals in orbit and/or squeze them to death?

First thing I thought when I saw this was, 'Can I use this to grab kerbals in orbit and/or squeze them to death?

There are some real sadists playing this game....

Can we have a Kerbal-friendly non-pinch mitt for the claw, please?

People who think the DR parts are to large can try rescaleFactor = 0.5 in the part cfgs.

I tested it briefly and it seems to work (aside from other issues this plugin currently has).

VERY nasty bug to report here. The parts shake themselves at normal intervals when i climb out of the atmosphere. The shaking gets more intense when extension/flex/rotation is increased. Idk if anyone can do something about this but I thought I would report.

VERY nasty bug to report here. The parts shake themselves at normal intervals when i climb out of the atmosphere. The shaking gets more intense when extension/flex/rotation is increased. Idk if anyone can do something about this but I thought I would report.

I reported this earlier and got no direct response.... I'm going to go ahead and assume that nobody has any clue about what's causing this.

VERY nasty bug to report here. The parts shake themselves at normal intervals when i climb out of the atmosphere
I reported this earlier and got no direct response....

I have the same issue, I hope it will get fixed.

Love the pack, but noticed some problems, sometimes when launching into space, the moving parts starts to suddenly excert a force in a random direction.

if making a claw with girders then the claw would open/close at 2 second intervals and the force meter jumps up and down each time, which also makes flying quite difficult.

I know people have already posted a little about the Spasm issue of Damned Robotics while in space. I've created a short video showing the issue:

No issues on the ground. But In orbit there is an issue:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oeUi1I2LUA0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Spasm here as well with unfolding hinges with strut arms for satellite. It is ok at "home" position but has spasms in orbit (only orbit) when moved away from home rotation position.

Also when reloading flight it forgets hinge position (but not position of thing attached to thing attached to hinge.)

Spasm here as well with unfolding hinges with strut arms for satellite. It is ok at "home" position but has spasms in orbit (only orbit) when moved away from home rotation position.

Also when reloading flight it forgets hinge position (but not position of thing attached to thing attached to hinge.)

Hum, those "spasms" may be related to the floating origin system, if that is the case, it may be pretty hard to solve... I'll try to isolate it.

I've also had the spasm/twitch issue!! I know there are other vids of this glitch already in here, only reason I've added this one too is it also shows an "elastic" issue which I think is linked to the same problem. U only need watch the first few seconds to see the elastic issue, the rest shows the same twitching as the other vids.

That's unfortunately not an issue with the mod but rather a game issue, it's just particularly visible with when using robotic parts. Making a long arm using the truss bits (or structural fuselages) will make the same issue as obvious.

There is a thread somewhere discussing this issue with stock rockets somewhere.

Hinges forgetting their position on the other hand is something we(r4m0n) can probably fix.

they're not actually forgetting their position - it actually skews the "trim" if you will. a powered hinge , if left at one end of throw will get reset to neutral, but it is still at the end of throw - and will clip-twist through itself to get its entire range. that is to say, if upper limit = 256, lower limit =0 and neutral is at 128, if you move it from 128 to 0, and switch back to it from another vehicle, the hinge resets to 180* but it's still at 0 and 256 is offset/skewed out of place by the amount it was rotated to begin with. it's not a matter of forgetting, it's a matter of not being put back on redraw

That's unfortunately not an issue with the mod but rather a game issue, it's just particularly visible with when using robotic parts. Making a long arm using the truss bits (or structural fuselages) will make the same issue as obvious.

I made a long arm using the truss bits and the same issue is not there! You can clearly see elastic flex, but the elasticity looks right, the objects stay connected. With the hydraulic rams, the ram part comes right out of its casing (and looks way silly). It looks to me like the same curve for flex is applied, only the mesh can't be deformed smoothly so you get a stepped effect.

What I was referring to was the spasm that occurs at 6km which is visible both with or without hinges.

The weirdness with the hydraulic cylinders is primarily caused by the fact that they are weird, their linear springyness for example is not applied in the same direction as the translation.