[v0.19] Damned Robotics Version 1.3

DYJ

What I was referring to was the spasm that occurs at 6km which is visible both with or without hinges.

Ah, ok, well that last vid clearly shows that. I think that spasm issue is being looked into, so it's more the "springyness" issue in the hydraulic rams that I'm focusing on.

I'm guessing this is more complex that it seems, but would it be possible to remove the effect of elastic/springyness from the hydraulic rams? In RL if a ram flexes sideways the seals break and it fails but obv. it has some flex along it length (oil compression thou, not metal flex). Could rams be made to be extra strong objects with little flex but which break when exceeding a certain high load? Obv a launch with arms out-stretched should prob. not work, but even if they are folded up inside the ship they still flex quite a lot and I find this kinda nerfs their potential applications.

Quick question. Wouldnt be some kinds of marks a help to show me where my hinge will turn to, if i press up, for example? After a first try with your mod I was quickly confused as to how id have to rotate my hinges to get them working the way i want them.

This is not an issue if you just slap a couple of motors on and control every single one step after step - but it will be if you try to program them so that several motors listen to one button.

I agree with this idea. There is no clear indication on the parts which way they rotate, especially the hinges, to be able to setup in the VAB/SPH to ensure proper rotation when you launch, requiring multiple trips back to rotate/adjust the hinges to make them all work right, especially since symmetry sometimes mirrors the part and sometimes rotates/flips it, meaning sometimes they rotate the same direction (front/back) and sometimes rotate opposite.

0.16 Will however upscale everything 2.5 times to get around this, so this means that I\'ll be able to make a new set of much smaller parts with as complicated colliders without issues.

did you have any progress on it? or did you done it alrdy? they are soo big for working on them at 1.2m radius satelits for expandig insturements after orbit... or at (Carts) Mün Rovers/ or custom little rovers like that.... like for expanding camera or deploying instrument arms they need to be small :P any fix?

Is it possible to include a scaled-down version of the DR parts in the next release, so that when we use them on satellites (like the tiny probodobodynes, for example), they are appropriately sized, instead of giant?

2bqMW.png

Is it possible to include a scaled-down version of the DR parts in the next release, so that when we use them on satellites (like the tiny probodobodynes, for example), they are appropriately sized, instead of giant?

2bqMW.png

yeah thats the problem i have too... at %25 re-size will work i think? is there a easy way we can do it or ? need to wait for next release?

here's mine

cassinistyle.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i manage to camouflage its exposed sides with bars and solar panel...do i? :P...

Edited by ashrutoraman

is the robotics stuff integrated with autom8? would be awesome to have some ik scripts that could do some advanced walking and grabbing on to another space craft for eva operations. also big stompy mechs.

0.25 would be a place to start if you want 31.2% sized parts.

rescaleFactor defaults to 1.25

If you want smaller parts then I advice you to mess with the rescaleFactor, but anything lower than 1 and it won't be certain that the parts work.

All assets in this pack are in .DAE format, so if you want to make your own parts you can simply import the .DAE and check how everything is set up.

have a little bug with rescale... they are looking giant at part selection tab any fix? anyway its not big deal at last they are working... :)

another thing is how can i make small (equal to object size) that connection bubbles (green ones) they are bigger than object i cant see beyond them to align attachments :)

Here Some Progress; 1, 0.75, 0.50. 0.25 scales of DRrotatron

rotator1.jpg

Looks like only 0.25 one is bugging part tab ? and theres that green challenge things :)

rotator2.jpg

they all working no bug yet... except this little ones... :)

Edited by ashrutoraman

Adding a 0 to the end of the stack node line makes the connection node smaller, 1 is default size and 2 is bigger.

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.25, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

To make a small node connection "bubble" use a 0 size on the end of the node_stack line in part.cfg.

Typically the node stack has 6 numbers separated by commas, the seventh number is the node size.

For example: node_stack_bottom = X, X, X, X, X, X, 0

Will give you the small "bubble".

Oops, DYJ beat me to the post. :)

it works when i add 0 all the lines ty for help

// --- node definitions ---

node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.05, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.25, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

isnt it? btw 0 is the smallest posibble? whats its range? (0-2) or it can be nuber like (0.5, 1.75)? nvm trying atm

what about part tab bug with 0.25? may i try 0,26? also lol :)

Edited by ashrutoraman

ye 0.5 is not working... anyways 1 is still useful at scale 1 i go ''0'' 0,75 and lesser ones :)

here it is;

rotator3.jpg

oke really need to fix that part tab display bug i cant see any other parts when i rescale other parts too lol :) tab display getting bigger when actual part going smaller ... :Z i made i quic fix temporary removing 0.25 scale parts from folder :D

th1vr.jpg

Note:

btw why dont you let Hydraulic Cylinder attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0 i tryed and didnt get any bug? and why did you not allow Hinge's to turn 90degree? they doing it good also ? are they causing bugs for futher applications with this shape?

Edited by ashrutoraman

All parts are done and all of them working well :) .. i will ask DYJ for his permission, gonna send change list to him and post that list here also... but before im seaching how to fix tab bug atm... need help couldnt find yet :Z and working on new textures :)

here some quick trials;

texturet.jpg

Edited by ashrutoraman