[v0.19] Damned Robotics Version 1.3

DYJ

jjFWT.png

Thinking about updating all the parts with textures and normals. What do you guys think?

I started remaking the pack with newer more optimized meshes and textures and normal maps and stuff , but I sort of lost interest in this since it was just making it prettier and not really adding anything new. I'll try to get working on it again.

The assets in the pack are not really set up for any textures, I never did proper UVs since the parts were just experimental test things. But I appreciate your attempt at making them look better.

Unfortunately this will mean that the assets will be in .mu format and not work with retexture mods unless the texturer is willing to work with the unity editor.

I'm having a bit of a dilemma here:

3FJi9.png

what I did was I copied the rotatron part, and in the copied part I edited the rescale value in the .CFG so the new part would be half the size of the old one (0.50)

the picture shows the newer smaller rotatron on the bottom and the original on the top.

as you can see the rescale did not affect the model, what can be done to fix this?

I have a major problem with this mod! When i make any robot parts in this case the Rotatron it wont make any copies. I mean when i try creating two of them at a time to make to jets move they wont be created together! i can only make them one at a time and when i do that the wont work properly. PLease help me

Since I dont know where else I should post I will try right here.

Actaully I have a problem with the part from the DR_mod. When ever I select one of the parts from that mod, a really srange noise comes out of my speakers. If that would be all it would be ok but since I can not attach any of the parts it is pretty anoying. I can not even choose other parts after that. And if I dont load an old ship quickly the whole game crashes.

I dont know if that Problem already came up, but maybe someone can help me with a PM. So the thread does not need to go off-topic.

Sorry that my first post ist a -------> Q.Q one.

With the door hinges in particular mirroring is very messed up. what i do is place each hinge separately, which take a bit of work to get them to line up properly. The darker side of the hinge is the moving side, the lighter side is the base. the hinge folds in the direction that the middle extruded part is facing, if that makes sense.

so if this _o_ is the hinge and the left flat area is the base the right flat area will rotate counter clockwise until the hinge is closed like this =o

I started remaking the pack with newer more optimized meshes and textures and normal maps and stuff , but I sort of lost interest in this since it was just making it prettier and not really adding anything new. I'll try to get working on it again.

The assets in the pack are not really set up for any textures, I never did proper UVs since the parts were just experimental test things. But I appreciate your attempt at making them look better.

Unfortunately this will mean that the assets will be in .mu format and not work with retexture mods unless the texturer is willing to work with the unity editor.

this is realy cool mod.. adding robotic parts to rovers, satellites amazing......its absolutely deserve to work on it for at least bug fixes and some basic new parts would be awsome i think.

for a idea it may have manual record option of animation... for deploy retract, walk or for robotic arms wich placing servos at same group doesnt work situations... or like laser guided working donno so much things :)

and also another bug report maybe it reported before; looks like they bugging their animation range when leaving craft and turning back for example hinges turnin in one side with 120-180c insted of 90c each side... :Z

btw heres my first rover With robotic arms :P lol im just imagining laser guide atm

hey maybe some micro map sat like modes came for some kind of spectrometer mod :P or we may put some microscobe/telescope like thingys on them at 0.17 or future :)

rover1c.jpg

rover2h.jpg

Edited by ashrutoraman

With the door hinges in particular mirroring is very messed up. what i do is place each hinge separately, which take a bit of work to get them to line up properly. The darker side of the hinge is the moving side, the lighter side is the base. the hinge folds in the direction that the middle extruded part is facing, if that makes sense.

so if this _o_ is the hinge and the left flat area is the base the right flat area will rotate counter clockwise until the hinge is closed like this =o

Thanks for the tip!

this is realy cool mod.. adding robotic parts to rovers, satellites amazing......its absolutely deserve to work on it for at least bug fixes and some basic new parts would be awsome i think.

for a idea it may have manual record option of animation... for deploy retract, walk or for robotic arms wich placing servos at same group doesnt work situations... or like laser guided working donno so much things :)

and also another bug report maybe it reported before; looks like they bugging their animation range when leaving craft and turning back for example hinges turnin in one side with 120-180c insted of 90c each side... :Z

btw heres my first rover With robotic arms :P lol im just imagining laser guide atm

hey maybe some micro map sat like modes came for some kind of spectrometer mod :P or we may put some microscobe/telescope like thingys on them at 0.17 or future :)

--snip--

Badass rover is badass.