[v0.19] Damned Robotics Version 1.3

DYJ

I thought at one point I did not have to assign keys to use the servos, just use the gui. Now I have to assign them in the keys field in order to use them. Could there be conflicts with an action assigned to the same key you assigned to the robotic part?

Mine works fine for most of the time, however, I was making a tow truck that involved a hinge, a girder, another hinge and then a docking port and whenever I dock the arm to another docking port, I lose all control of the robotics. If I go to the space center and then re-select my flight from the tracking station, the two objects are still docked and I have control again... Any ideas?

bto4j1G.jpg

I am having some trouble with the Damned Robotics parts. Whenever I set different servo groups as usual, they are condensed into one group when outside of the VAB (after/on launch). They work, but not independently anymore. Old vehicles work as they should, but when you change anything the same thing happens; everything goes into one (the first, I think) group.

I did install two mods (KAS and Docking Cams), but I uninstalled those and the problem persists. What is going on?

I am having some trouble with the Damned Robotics parts. Whenever I set different servo groups as usual, they are condensed into one group when outside of the VAB (after/on launch). They work, but not independently anymore. Old vehicles work as they should, but when you change anything the same thing happens; everything goes into one (the first, I think) group.

I did install two mods (KAS and Docking Cams), but I uninstalled those and the problem persists. What is going on?

The same thing happened to me once, I found out that you have to name the servo group differently.

Well, I've done Jeb proud, I seem to have broken my install completely. I will see if I can fix it, otherwise it is a fresh start for me. Well somewhat fresh, I think my saves are okay.

game freezes at loading mod parts. Any idea why? It`s on clean install

That's happened to me, it loaded after about 5 mins and now it loads the same speed as other parts. No idea what could cause that.

I cant seem to get any of the servos to respond to control inputs. They sit there and behave like the floppy hinge and ball bearing from modular multiwheels.
Have you assigned a key/letter in the VAB/SPH? You can use the same keys for every servo, they're still controlled separately with the mouse buttons.

Have you assigned a key/letter in the VAB/SPH? You can use the same keys for every servo, they're still controlled separately with the mouse buttons.

I assigned them to action groups the first time around. Is it a key binding in settings?

I assigned them to action groups the first time around. Is it a key binding in settings?
The "Servo Configuration" box that pops up in the VAB/SPH when you use the robotics parts. It has "Group Name" and "Keys", you need to put the keys in.

The "Servo Configuration" box that pops up in the VAB/SPH when you use the robotics parts. It has "Group Name" and "Keys", you need to put the keys in.

Awesome, that is what I was missing. I haven't been able to find documentation anywhere. Thank you Darren. :cool:

Thats some hot stuff mate!

As for the control window I don't mind it floating about in VAB but is there any way to hide it during mission and bring it up when you need it? My GUI is already cluttered as it is.

is there a way to make this compatible with mechjeb 2.0x?

They are totally different things now, I asked R4mon and he basically said DR is DR, and now mechjeb after 2,0 is simply mechjeb, as you will notice there is a new .dll for mechjeb2

Hey, love this mod!

I skimmed the thread but couldn't find it:

Is there a way to lock hinges or a better way to make folding wings that don't flap when you control them?

Thanks

Quantum struts can help, turn off, move wing, turn back on to hold folding wings in various positions with struts.

Damned robotics is Mechjeb servo's, I was expecting them to stay. Not that it's such a great cost to keep the old DLL to have them.

Damned robotics stops working when docked for me, I tried to make a rotating truss with large solar panels connected to it so I can it can have 360 degrees full coverage of the solar light without switching the whole station over.

I tested it before connecting = ok it rotates, After I connected it and boom, no move, I thought its trying to spin the station instead so tried to disconnect a large portion of it and still nothing rotates

Here is the pic. You can see the rotator part between the fuselage and the truss D7C5E5B9F39CD09D7E5BECBF5AB42AA12150ADC6

Nevermind, It works now after selecting the station again from tracking center

Edited by lyndonguitar

Was wondering if anyone could help me with a quick question. I have changed the rescalefactor on all of the robotic implements so I can have 3 different sizes of each, .75 .5 and the original. I have separately named each part but as soon as I reload any of my saves that include these new scaled parts, they load with the original scale. I'm not trying to rip anything off from this great helping mod, I just need a few different sizes.

Thx All

Dren

Did you change the name = PartName too and not just the title? I made the same mistake, KSP just loads two different parts as the same part in succession, so nothing appears to happen. KSP needs to understand internally they are two different parts too.