[1.4.*] [2.5.3] (2018-04-06) UbioZur Welding Ltd. Continued

girka2k

I haven't seen a toolbar icon for this in my testing.

So far with the changes of 1.0 Ubiowelding will not work.

We already made the first steps towards a running Version.

I want to try compiling the source code that has been updated recently, but I don't know where to start.

Start at the beginning where everybody else might.

I suggest you let us know what you do know... for example, what is your dev skills? Do you own a relevant compiler?

It is very difficult to get you started when all you have is a blank page to make inferences from.

PM me if you prefer a private chat.

Good luck!!!

Start at the beginning where everybody else might.

I suggest you let us know what you do know... for example, what is your dev skills? Do you own a relevant compiler?

It is very difficult to get you started when all you have is a blank page to make inferences from.

PM me if you prefer a private chat.

Good luck!!!

I have Monodevelop, I have NO idea how to program C#, but I'm just looking to compile the source code.

I have Monodevelop, I have NO idea how to program C#, but I'm just looking to compile the source code.

Sorry, but this will not help.

There is need to make some code changes to make it compatible with KSP 1.0

I am not trying to rewrite it, I am trying to build a dll with the source code.

Exactly as I wrote before, it won't help. It is not the big problem to recompile mod against KSP 1.0.2 libraries, but we will need to make some code modifications because of the changes in the new version.

Guest Space Cowboy

May I ask a couple questions of the programming wizards?

They're more like requests :confused:

1) I would like to request that it be possible to Weld parts together, that have been previously welded.

2) I would like to ask to retain the capability of engines to be welded and functioning.

3) I would like to ask if some kind of node remover be added. Perhaps something relatively easy for the programmer to code, such as a slider. I may be thinking of the tree, and perhaps one slider progressively removes nodes from the bottom of the tree, increasing removal up the tree with slider movement, and another beginning at the root, working down the tree similarly.

And perhaps a button (or else both sliders maxed) "remove all nodes except root node of welded part". And we could add our own nodes via the Cubic Octagonal Strut and the BZ-52 Radial Attachment Point.

Thank you for your patience. I realize these requests are unsolicited. Been a fan of this mod since it's inception. I believe UbioZur used a video of my welded Millennium Falcon's VERY first controlled flight on his splash page here.

Thought I read somewhere here that with a "caution" you can come over a major limitations of this mod.

Actually, I`m playing RO which has ModularFuelTanks a essential part of it, so conventional way of welding doesn`t help me at all.

So, I wanna learn how to weld parts with ModularFuelTanks...Could I?

May I ask a couple questions of the programming wizards?

They're more like requests :confused:

1) I would like to request that it be possible to Weld parts together, that have been previously welded.

That should already be possible but it will create a chain of dependencies within the welded parts.

2) I would like to ask to retain the capability of engines to be welded and functioning.

The way this works is that it is something within the unity prefab so that it is really evil hardcore to work something for this out.

3) I would like to ask if some kind of node remover be added. Perhaps something relatively easy for the programmer to code, such as a slider. I may be thinking of the tree, and perhaps one slider progressively removes nodes from the bottom of the tree, increasing removal up the tree with slider movement, and another beginning at the root, working down the tree similarly.

And perhaps a button (or else both sliders maxed) "remove all nodes except root node of welded part". And we could add our own nodes via the Cubic Octagonal Strut and the BZ-52 Radial Attachment Point.

Thank you for your patience. I realize these requests are unsolicited. Been a fan of this mod since it's inception. I believe UbioZur used a video of my welded Millennium Falcon's VERY first controlled flight on his splash page here.

Yes weldments with a lot of attachpoints are a problem but a setting for removing every node should be possible, I will note that. A slider for selective nodes, well have no idea currently how to make such a thing happen.

Guest Space Cowboy

Removing nodes would solve the problem. Also, I woke up this morning, wondering also about controlling attachment rules. I realize this is not a big deal to edit the cfg by hand but they are simple on and off settings, perhaps not terribly hard to implement? Not even sure if it would solve my problem.

regarding welding welded parts:

I usually save welds as crafts before welding. this way I have the unwelded part if necessary. and I can modify the unwelded part, and weld it afterwards as a new weld.

et voila, no welds of welds.

The same way as I do it.

But welding welded parts should be possible, girka2k made an extra CoM fix for such cases some time ago.

Guest Space Cowboy

Can't wait to get back into this. Please work harder, faster. LOL

Just realizing that CRAFTs no longer require brain parts (Command) and what you just said. Overdrive.

Also can't wait. Currently driving a huge rover over Mun (circumnavigation challenge).

The vehicle _looks_ very simple, but has nearly 200 parts (every wheel itself has around 15 >.<)

If anyone has a few tips and tricks... please halp :/

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/120442-Tutorial-for-Partwelding

Edited by cy-one

If anyone has a few tips and tricks... please halp :/

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/120442-Tutorial-for-Partwelding

You can weld parts in 0.90 for have attach node and object path, after you can edit in the part.cfg file for match 1.0 values, not working is the plugin by now but /PART contents probably are loaded

If I stack 10 cubic oct struts and weld them then the weldedpart will not radially attach at it's end nodes - it will attach somewhere near the middle. Am I doing something wrong? Replacing multiple oct cubes with one part is a string use case for the mod.

Guest Space Cowboy

DBowman totally random guess here - totally random:

When you build your 10 cubic thing don't copy and paste anything. I have seen this phenomenon in the normal Non Weld it hangar.

I'm probably wrong.

thanks cowboy good thought

I tried making sure not to copy - no joy.

It attaches non-radially as usual. When you pick it up in the editor it draws like you are picking up the middle. Radial attach seems to happen at that 'pick up point'.