[1.4.*] [2.5.3] (2018-04-06) UbioZur Welding Ltd. Continued

girka2k

Got a link to the dev build for us to test? ;)

~Steve

A vpn connection to my local harddrive? öööööhm, nope :D

That Girka2k is looking at it is important he always finds my bugs.

You don't like dropbox? :(

Crowd sourcing bug hunts is a common practice... but it's up to you guys, I suppose.

I'll just cry and twiddle my thumbs here in the corner.

It's ok... I'm not yet fully at the end of the tech tree with the huge increase in science costs for KSPI anyways. It'll take me a week or so to finish it up.

~Steve

Even the newer ones (NASA pack) should be usable in welding, but you will need to search/replace the URL in the MODEL{} node to point to the updated model location. So, not exactly drag-and-drop, but I believe they should work after the changes (Have not yet gotten around to transferring my welded parts yet, though it is looking more likely that I will be doing it over the weekend... will post up any details/issues that I find).

Shadowmage is spot-on, some parts that were not in the NASA pack have been relocated within the directories as well, for instance

mk1Structural (the structural tank) now relocated to the structural directory.

Also these seem to be CasE SensItiVe, so just breathe when the part doesn't display dont throw your monitor across the room in frustration, simply check the case of the part location and correct it.

Not perfect, but I've found a lot of my welded parts can be moved to 1.02 from .90. Sometimes have to update the bottom node stack so things can be connect to the bottom of the weld, but after updating a few parts I use in 1.02 in .90, I've been able to squeak by by creating and welding the parts in .90 and then copying them to 1.02. Some food for thought if you are desperate. The biggest issue I have had is some of the NASA parts welded in .90 don't work in 1.0 because they are now in a different folder. But, just copied the NASAMissions parts I use in to the same folder in 1.0 and all is right with the world.....for now........

Not perfect, but I've found a lot of my welded parts can be moved to 1.02 from .90. Sometimes have to update the bottom node stack so things can be connect to the bottom of the weld, but after updating a few parts I use in 1.02 in .90, I've been able to squeak by by creating and welding the parts in .90 and then copying them to 1.02. Some food for thought if you are desperate. The biggest issue I have had is some of the NASA parts welded in .90 don't work in 1.0 because they are now in a different folder. But, just copied the NASAMissions parts I use in to the same folder in 1.0 and all is right with the world.....for now........

But you can't create any new welded parts, right?

But you can't create any new welded parts, right?

The UbioZur Welding Ltd. mod isn't updated for 1.0/.02 (the .90 version still functions to a limited capacity once added to the gamedata folder in a 1.0/.02 install), but you can create your parts in .90 if you're desperate like some of us and take the time to update the craft file as you copy it to the 1.0/.02 folder, to point the part textures to the new locations if they have changed locations between the versions. Then the parts will be accessible in 1.0/.02 for use.

The UbioZur Welding Ltd. mod isn't updated for 1.0/.02 (the .90 version still functions to a limited capacity once added to the gamedata folder in a 1.0/.02 install), but you can create your parts in .90 if you're desperate like some of us and take the time to update the craft file as you copy it to the 1.0/.02 folder, to point the part textures to the new locations if they have changed locations between the versions. Then the parts will be accessible in 1.0/.02 for use.

Yep, that's what I'm doing. I haven't rally added any "new" parts to 1.02, so I use the existing ones in .90. Updated a couple of .90 mods, but other then that, I've been able to create new welded parts to migrate to 1.0.

Can you put the dev source on a free Github? Then we could look and contribute without touching your computer. We could also submit issues and follow progress.

Edited by methodermis

Can you put the dev source on a free Github? Then we could look and contribute without touching your computer. We could also submit issues and follow progress.

As a good and well educated reader you have read the entire OP where a link to Github is present, right?;)

Heya guys, my flu is still there but I made a 2.1.2 release ready for KSP 1.0.

As always you can find it on Github for DOWNLOAD.

And the that is the reason that sick ppl should not code anystuff.

2.1.3 with a Major bugfix that could cause the game and weldment to be lost.

Edited by Alewx

Awesome work ! Thanks a LOT !

But am i missing out on something using it with TweakScale ? My weldments always only have the resources of ONE "normal-sized" version of the parts. [ 4x5m Fuel Tanks --> Weldment only has the capacity of one 1,25m tank].

As a good and well educated reader you have read the entire OP where a link to Github is present, right?;)

Heya guys, my flu is still there but I made a 2.1.2 release ready for KSP 1.0.

As always you can find it on Github for DOWNLOAD.

And the that is the reason that sick ppl should not code anystuff.

2.1.3 with a Major bugfix that could cause the game and weldment to be lost.

Hello.

I'm very interested in this mod. I have a few questions:

-Are the precautions on the opening post still valid? For example, it says not to wold two landing legs or solar panels together. But can I weld, say, 6 flat solar panels to a fuel tank without a problem?

-What happens to welded fuel lines or struts?

-Does this work with mod parts such as procedural tanks or infernal robotics?

OK so far:

Tweakscale is ok in case of the model and textures and also the size, but fuelswitch is more of a problem with the current version. I have already a plan for that but that will take some time to implement.

The precautions of the OP are still actual, to fix them will take a huge effort, but some simply can not be solved.

as example procedural parts are for ever a huge no-go, as they do not have a model that could be included in the weldment.

IR will also get very easy broken, as it is super sensitive of the structure for transforms and gameobjects.

Fuel lines and struts get just broken in the weldment as the parts get confues with some vectors.

InterstellarFuelSwitch is something im currently on track and work on something, but that will be something quite major.

OK so far:

Tweakscale is ok in case of the model and textures and also the size, but fuelswitch is more of a problem with the current version. I have already a plan for that but that will take some time to implement.

The precautions of the OP are still actual, to fix them will take a huge effort, but some simply can not be solved.

as example procedural parts are for ever a huge no-go, as they do not have a model that could be included in the weldment.

IR will also get very easy broken, as it is super sensitive of the structure for transforms and gameobjects.

Fuel lines and struts get just broken in the weldment as the parts get confues with some vectors.

InterstellarFuelSwitch is something im currently on track and work on something, but that will be something quite major.

Thank you very much.

Is this mod incompatible with the Stockalike Station Parts Expansion mod? Every time I weld parts from that pack together it says it welds it but it never shows up no matter where I put it.

It should work normally, I didn't test Nearteas Stations part explicit, but can not imagine what should break it.

Did you restart the game after welding? Are the part files created?

I will test it local here for me.

----------UPDATE----------

Tested with stock like station parts from Neartea and everything works, well except the lights, but that is expected.

Edited by Alewx

Dont work withh stock fuel switch (callculate fuel in parts with stock fuel, changing config resources dooesnt help). And how edit config to coorrect intake work? Totall amount calculate correctly but dont filled in flighht, but engines work, idk.

- - - Updated - - -

Also missed station docking port part with error loading(

Edited by Elendiar