[1.4.*] [2.5.3] (2018-04-06) UbioZur Welding Ltd. Continued

girka2k

The 1.0.4 version of the mod isn't working for me. I try starting up the game with my new welded part and the loading screen freezes when It gets to it. What's happening?

Mods are as shown below

BDArmory

KAS

KIS

Hyperedit

TextureReplacer

ModuleManager

and of course, UbioZurWelding.

Here's my .craft file

Keep in mind, the weapons and the launch stability enhancers are removed before adding. Also the ammo inside it too. Please help me!

The 1.0.4 version of the mod isn't working for me. I try starting up the game with my new welded part and the loading screen freezes when It gets to it. What's happening?

Mods are as shown below

BDArmory

KAS

KIS

Hyperedit

TextureReplacer

ModuleManager

and of course, UbioZurWelding.

Here's my .craft file

Keep in mind, the weapons and the launch stability enhancers are removed before adding. Also the ammo inside it too. Please help me!

Thanks, I will take a look at it, but my first guess would be the BDArmory parts, that they are not weldingcompatible. KAS well, should work partially.

Update

Found the cause of your Problem, the CoP and CoL Offsets are nor formated properly so I Need to change that.

Updated Update

What is the absolut most basic and important rule for welding?! NO engines.

Solution for your Problem: remove every BDArmory part from the vessel, remove the engines, remove struts and fuel lines(really you don't need them after welding), remove the launchclamps, otherwise it would like quite strange for a boat.

And use the fresh updated version I just upload in this minute. (no version change because it's dev version)

Edited by Alewx

Is there any way to make components like fuel cells work as a single unit when welded? I have a station with trusses which have fuel cells attached to them in an array, but when I weld the truss, I can only add up to 1 fuel cell until the whole lot stops working (the "Start Fuel Cell" action is no longer available).

It would be nice to have "similar" components (which use the same module and action) work together as a single unit with increased capacity.

Also, I found out something peculiar when it comes to attachment nodes, which causes my Kerbals to magically defy gravity:

Mxkggek.jpg

I suspect this wasn't supposed to happen. The Girder Segments above were welded together with the ladder pieces to form one unit, leaving a nice girder-sized gap between the truss piece and the attachment node.

The collider was formed properly, since I can walk straight through the gap.

quick question, which 'download' should be used for getting the newest dev version to 'play' with???

thanks for working on this mod.

good stuff.

Please use the 2.2.0 version from Github, it is the dev Version, until I release a stable new one.

Is there any way to make components like fuel cells work as a single unit when welded? I have a station with trusses which have fuel cells attached to them in an array, but when I weld the truss, I can only add up to 1 fuel cell until the whole lot stops working (the "Start Fuel Cell" action is no longer available).

It would be nice to have "similar" components (which use the same module and action) work together as a single unit with increased capacity.

Also, I found out something peculiar when it comes to attachment nodes, which causes my Kerbals to magically defy gravity:

http://i.imgur.com/Mxkggek.jpg

I suspect this wasn't supposed to happen. The Girder Segments above were welded together with the ladder pieces to form one unit, leaving a nice girder-sized gap between the truss piece and the attachment node.

The collider was formed properly, since I can walk straight through the gap.

Ähm nice gravtity defending truss :o, bad guess the grinder that is missing there, might have a broken position, so that it does not get added to the part.

The Fuelcells are still something pretty new, so I will need to dig into it what is happning.

Here is the little thing I worked on the last weeks/moths/versions

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I already found problems in the construction and will need to change quite a bit of it to make it work.

As already everyone might have guessed it consist of huge welded parts.

Main problem so far is the low framerate causing broken physics values resulting in spontaneous exploding parts due to high forces and the middle part with habitats and comms bends a bit too much. But as a first try not too bad.

Plans:

• solar shield reduction in partcount redesign
  • moving all liquid tanks to the front
  • changing iontank and engines positions
  • tighten the spine to get it more rigid

Good lord.

Maybe I should also add its measures:

Length: 388m

Drymass: 2000t

Wetmass: 7200t

:D and this is only version1 for finding the problems.

Update

Made some improvements with the DEV Version of the mod, go check it out and keep me updated.

• Textfield for stackSymmetry in the info window
  • improved scaleing readout
  • removed needless vectors from the written file
  • WeldedMeshSwitch contains an option to destroy unused objects to save tiny performance
  • imropved the rotation or models to be not set to 360 degrees
  • settings contains a precisionDigits value that will round the values of the new part to this amount of digits after the dot
  • saving the settings out of the game now makes them also the actual ones used

Edited by Alewx

Amazing mod, been meaning to get my hands on it for some time. Great job to you too for keeping it alive!

Playing the 1.0.4 version. I have a big issue. I need to make a habitat ring again, but for obvious reasons I need to weld parts of it. When I do and try to edit the parts, it generally works fine. One thing is an issue: editing attachment nodes....

Are attachment nodes too memory intensive? Because there are A LOT of them in my file even though I deselected the "save all". For example I mostly need the main bodies two polar nodes and a few natural cubic nodes here and there, and anything else can be done radially.

Oh, also, while we are on the topic, are radial attachments worse than main nodes in terms of strength? Is there such a difference for other circumstances like that?

Amazing mod, been meaning to get my hands on it for some time. Great job to you too for keeping it alive!

Playing the 1.0.4 version. I have a big issue. I need to make a habitat ring again, but for obvious reasons I need to weld parts of it. When I do and try to edit the parts, it generally works fine. One thing is an issue: editing attachment nodes....

Are attachment nodes too memory intensive? Because there are A LOT of them in my file even though I deselected the "save all". For example I mostly need the main bodies two polar nodes and a few natural cubic nodes here and there, and anything else can be done radially.

Oh, also, while we are on the topic, are radial attachments worse than main nodes in terms of strength? Is there such a difference for other circumstances like that?

To edit the attachnodes there is a little helpermod from Felbourn that enables you to edit them in the game. Yes they are a massive performance hit because of their gizmo nature.

I really would like to know about the radial attachments and their strengths myself, but if they are welded it does not matter. I have done some tests and it did not look like to have a difference to the stack attach nodes.

To edit the attachnodes there is a little helpermod from Felbourn that enables you to edit them in the game. Yes they are a massive performance hit because of their gizmo nature.

I really would like to know about the radial attachments and their strengths myself, but if they are welded it does not matter. I have done some tests and it did not look like to have a difference to the stack attach nodes.

Thanks for that. I'll look into it asap.

The glitches are multiplying faster than I can handle. When I weld fuel tanks a weird thing occurs. When I have more than one main type of fuel, let's say mono+oxi+lqd+fuels from community resource, the welded part becomes un-right-clickable. In fact, all parts after doing that stop being right-clickable. After I restart the game it works until I regrettably have to do it again. I use the interstellar fuel switch and that might have to do with detecting the part as a fuel tank and trying to make it compatible with itself but failing after seeing more than 1 fuel type. I tried changing the part type to structural but it didn't do the trick. Any help would be appreciated beyond human comprehension

If Community Resource pack isn't compatible with Ubioweld I gotta have to get a fresh start without the Near Future pack. Dang it.

Thanks for that. I'll look into it asap.

The glitches are multiplying faster than I can handle. When I weld fuel tanks a weird thing occurs. When I have more than one main type of fuel, let's say mono+oxi+lqd+fuels from community resource, the welded part becomes un-right-clickable. In fact, all parts after doing that stop being right-clickable. After I restart the game it works until I regrettably have to do it again. I use the interstellar fuel switch and that might have to do with detecting the part as a fuel tank and trying to make it compatible with itself but failing after seeing more than 1 fuel type. I tried changing the part type to structural but it didn't do the trick. Any help would be appreciated beyond human comprehension

If Community Resource pack isn't compatible with Ubioweld I gotta have to get a fresh start without the Near Future pack. Dang it.

Well that is really intressting. UbioweldLtd can handle all sorts of resources as long as they are active in the game.

I have NFT as a must in my modlist and never had any problems with it, the Hydra monster up there is having quite some parts from NFT.

In 1.0.2 and 1.0.4 I noticed that having more than 2 resources in a single part can confuse the editor but after launch and reenter of the VAB/SPH everything is fine. Also Interstellarfuelswitch does not cause any problems I'm aware of. the type of the part does not change its rightclick interactions it only affects where it will be listed.

What does the debug menu tell you, if it says something at all.

What does the debug menu tell you, if it says something at all.

I will give the dump if I can, one moment.

[LOG 17:05:37.429] PartLoader: Part 'StationPartsExpansion/Parts/Structural/crewtube-25-375/crewtube-375-25-1/crewtube-25-375-1' has no database record. Creating.

[LOG 17:05:37.445] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'crewtube-25-375-1'

[LOG 17:05:37.542] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UbioWeldingLtd/Parts/Structural/Rho-arm1/Rho-arm1/Rho-arm1'

[WRN 17:05:37.623] PartLoader Warning: Variable LF not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.624] PartLoader Warning: Variable OX not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.625] PartLoader Warning: Variable totalCap not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.626] PartLoader Warning: Variable LH2FudgeFactor not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.628] PartLoader Warning: Variable mixOXProportion not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.629] PartLoader Warning: Variable massPerUnitLH2 not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.630] PartLoader Warning: Variable onlyLH2 not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.631] PartLoader Warning: Variable mixOX not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.632] PartLoader Warning: Variable mixLH2 not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.633] PartLoader Warning: Variable tempVar not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.634] PartLoader Warning: Variable dryCost not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.635] PartLoader Warning: Variable LFCost not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.636] PartLoader Warning: Variable OXCost not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.637] PartLoader Warning: Variable LH2Cost not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.638] PartLoader Warning: Variable mixLH2Cost not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.640] PartLoader Warning: Variable mixLFCost not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.640] PartLoader Warning: Variable massOffset not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.641] PartLoader Warning: Variable mixLH2mass not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.642] PartLoader Warning: Variable onlyLH2mass not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.656] InsterstellarFuelSwitch: error parsing selectedTankResource amount 0/0: '7200,8800': '7200'

[LOG 17:05:37.657] InsterstellarFuelSwitch parseDoubles: invalid float: tankCost [len:0] '']

[WRN 17:05:37.758] InsterstellarFuelSwitch: error parsing selectedTankResource amount 0/0: '7200,8800': '7200'

[LOG 17:05:37.759] InsterstellarFuelSwitch parseDoubles: invalid float: tankCost [len:0] '']

[LOG 17:05:37.771] PartLoader: Part 'UbioWeldingLtd/Parts/Structural/Rho-arm1/Rho-arm1/Rho-arm1' has no database record. Creating.

[WRN 17:05:37.887] InsterstellarFuelSwitch: error parsing selectedTankResource amount 0/0: '7200,8800': '7200'

[LOG 17:05:37.888] InsterstellarFuelSwitch parseDoubles: invalid float: tankCost [len:0] '']

[LOG 17:05:37.892] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'Rho-arm1'

[LOG 17:05:37.946] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UbioWeldingLtd/Parts/Structural/Rho-main1/Rho-main1/Rho-main1'

[ERR 17:05:38.009] [shipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE

I tried to change the resource amount. Maybe is that the culprit?

EDIT: oh, also: Should I keep away from manned modules of any kind? I can transfer crew but obviously no detection of IVA occurs. Could there be a fix to add IVA modules into the part?

Edited by Alrightman

I will give the dump if I can, one moment.

[LOG 17:05:37.429] PartLoader: Part 'StationPartsExpansion/Parts/Structural/crewtube-25-375/crewtube-375-25-1/crewtube-25-375-1' has no database record. Creating.

[LOG 17:05:37.445] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'crewtube-25-375-1'

[LOG 17:05:37.542] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UbioWeldingLtd/Parts/Structural/Rho-arm1/Rho-arm1/Rho-arm1'

[WRN 17:05:37.623] PartLoader Warning: Variable LF not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.624] PartLoader Warning: Variable OX not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.625] PartLoader Warning: Variable totalCap not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.626] PartLoader Warning: Variable LH2FudgeFactor not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.628] PartLoader Warning: Variable mixOXProportion not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.629] PartLoader Warning: Variable massPerUnitLH2 not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.630] PartLoader Warning: Variable onlyLH2 not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.631] PartLoader Warning: Variable mixOX not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.632] PartLoader Warning: Variable mixLH2 not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.633] PartLoader Warning: Variable tempVar not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.634] PartLoader Warning: Variable dryCost not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.635] PartLoader Warning: Variable LFCost not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.636] PartLoader Warning: Variable OXCost not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.637] PartLoader Warning: Variable LH2Cost not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.638] PartLoader Warning: Variable mixLH2Cost not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.640] PartLoader Warning: Variable mixLFCost not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.640] PartLoader Warning: Variable massOffset not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.641] PartLoader Warning: Variable mixLH2mass not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.642] PartLoader Warning: Variable onlyLH2mass not found in Part

[WRN 17:05:37.656] InsterstellarFuelSwitch: error parsing selectedTankResource amount 0/0: '7200,8800': '7200'

[LOG 17:05:37.657] InsterstellarFuelSwitch parseDoubles: invalid float: tankCost [len:0] '']

[WRN 17:05:37.758] InsterstellarFuelSwitch: error parsing selectedTankResource amount 0/0: '7200,8800': '7200'

[LOG 17:05:37.759] InsterstellarFuelSwitch parseDoubles: invalid float: tankCost [len:0] '']

[LOG 17:05:37.771] PartLoader: Part 'UbioWeldingLtd/Parts/Structural/Rho-arm1/Rho-arm1/Rho-arm1' has no database record. Creating.

[WRN 17:05:37.887] InsterstellarFuelSwitch: error parsing selectedTankResource amount 0/0: '7200,8800': '7200'

[LOG 17:05:37.888] InsterstellarFuelSwitch parseDoubles: invalid float: tankCost [len:0] '']

[LOG 17:05:37.892] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'Rho-arm1'

[LOG 17:05:37.946] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UbioWeldingLtd/Parts/Structural/Rho-main1/Rho-main1/Rho-main1'

[ERR 17:05:38.009] [shipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE

I tried to change the resource amount. Maybe is that the culprit?

EDIT: oh, also: Should I keep away from manned modules of any kind? I can transfer crew but obviously no detection of IVA occurs. Could there be a fix to add IVA modules into the part?

That looks indeed quite like a problem there, unable to locate the resources hmmm.

Can you please post the craftfile for download and the modlist included in the weldment?

Oh and were there any problems or warnings for the welding itself?

IVA just do not get added because IVA is an additional single model and it is nothing that could be merged only replaced, but as manned modules they work flawless.

Can you please post the craftfile for download and the modlist included in the weldment?

Oh and were there any problems or warnings for the welding itself?

Stock(Squad), NearFuturePropulsion, NearFutureSpacecraft, ComResPack, and Cryogenic fuel switch (but I am unsure)

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=06609911287943964227

Problems in the log or any gui messages?

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=06609911287943964227

Problems in the log or any gui messages?

Stock(Squad), NearFuturePropulsion, NearFutureSpacecraft, ComResPack, and Cryogenic fuel switch (but I am unsure)

Thanks I will work on it as I get home and something to eat.

Are you sure about "Cryogenic fuel switch" I don't know that there are so far FSFuelswitch and InterstellarFuelSwitch, these are the two I know about.

Are you sure about "Cryogenic fuel switch" I don't know that there are so far FSFuelswitch and InterstellarFuelSwitch, these are the two I know about.

Sorry, must have meant "CryoEnginesFuelTankSwitcher". I included it since I believe it's an extension of the InterstellarFS. I heard it is still somewhat WIP from what Nertea said. I could be wrong.

I thought since it also uses the same system--even thought I didn't have the actual engines on the weld-- it might be useful to mention. I gotta get used to reading logs more :D

Thank you, btw. I really appreciate it.

Sorry, must have meant "CryoEnginesFuelTankSwitcher". I included it since I believe it's an extension of the InterstellarFS. I heard it is still somewhat WIP from what Nertea said. I could be wrong.

I thought since it also uses the same system--even thought I didn't have the actual engines on the weld-- it might be useful to mention. I gotta get used to reading logs more :D

Thank you, btw. I really appreciate it.

Hmm so far only InterstellarFuelSwitch is included in the CryogenicEngines pack, do you know where I can find the CryoEnginesFuelTankSwitcher?

Ok then I got everything, can you provide the preweld craftfile from the save/VAB or save/SPH Folder of it, because that provides more Information of what is going wrong at welding.

Hmm KSP tells the invalid parts, there must be something I have overlooked....

Ah the Station parts, I'm such a dummy. now we have it.

You're welcome ;)

UPDATE

Ok my first analysis is, there is nothing broken with the part itself.

And according to the debug log, it might be a problem in InterstellarFuelSwitch which has a problem with an null pointer exception; means there is something happening where it expects something that is not there or not possible.

Second test without InterstellarFuelSwitch reveals nope it is not that.... so must be one of the many modules :(

Edited by Alewx

Hmm KSP tells the invalid parts, there must be something I have overlooked....

Ah the Station parts, I'm such a dummy. now we have it.

You're welcome ;)

I was gonna make a portal cake but that joke is too over saturated right now.

Anything looking bad on the weld? I managed to get a different station welded, I am manually editing the 400~ nodes so KSP doesn't get angry with me. I am gonna try to erase all and see if srAttach works with 0 nodes. This seems like the worst idea I had today.