[1.4.*] [2.5.3] (2018-04-06) UbioZur Welding Ltd. Continued

girka2k

Just want to report that the parts I had made I was using at a rescale = 3. For whatever reason the config creater squared these (rather big as the originals were, they rather overwhelmed the VAB)

for parts that have rescaleFactor = 3 the entry in the new config is  ..... scale = 9, 9, 9

MODEL
    {
        model = ............
        position = 3.678, 12.259, 0
        scale = 9, 9, 9
    }

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I've got the latest version 2.2.2 for ksp 1.0.5, when I weld anything it produces the normal dialogue and it says the part has been created however on restarting KSP there's nothing there, looking in the mod folder no part folder is created and even when I make one for it welding doesn't make anything inside? I'm trying to weld InfinateDice's aircraft carrier though I've tried with simple contruction parts and nothing :/?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice :)

Edited by pingopete

17 hours ago, pingopete said:

Hey, I've got the latest version 2.2.2 for ksp 1.0.5, when I weld anything it produces the normal dialogue and it says the part has been created however on restarting KSP there's nothing there, looking in the mod folder no part folder is created and even when I make one for it welding doesn't make anything inside? I'm trying to weld InfinateDice's aircraft carrier though I've tried with simple contruction parts and nothing :/?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice :)

You might be using Linux, according to your sig. Have you checked the permissions on the UbioWelding directory/folder? If you unpacked the mod as the root user, your user won't have the ability to write anything in there.

Edited by Bluebottle

13 minutes ago, Bluebottle said:

You might be using Linux, according to your sig. Have you checked the permissions on the UbioWelding directory/folder? If you unpacked the mod as the root user, your user won't have the ability to write anything in there.

Ok cool thanks, yeah sorry forgot to mention that, will try this!

EDIT: gave folder read and write permissions, just tested, it works! Thanks a million! :)

Edited by pingopete

Has anyone welded wing segments? I would love to lower the part count on this ring station, but when I weld one of the four ring sections they freak out and are all at the wrong angles. The second image is what it does when I try to weld one of the upper pieces and two of the ring sections together. 

Any advice would be welcome.

iZBhfsE.pnguAlWzKY.png

Edited by Dr Farnsworth
new picture

7 minutes ago, Dr Farnsworth said:

I would love to lower the part count on this ring station, but when I weld one of the four ring sections they freak out and are all at the wrong angles.

Make sure that you do not rotate the root part.

7 hours ago, Dr Farnsworth said:

Has anyone welded wing segments? I would love to lower the part count on this ring station, but when I weld one of the four ring sections they freak out and are all at the wrong angles. The second image is what it does when I try to weld one of the upper pieces and two of the ring sections together.

As Fury1SOG said, root part rotation can cause problems. I've found that that applies even to the SPH as a whole. For me, welding in the VAB has a higher likelihood of success, especially with any compound parts like the EL RocketPart hexcan packs. You also have to watch out for parts that are already rescaled in their .cfg's.

Ok so after doing some testing, trying to get an aircraft carrier welded and floating I found some serious issues with physics. Regardless of being on or near water I found that parts added to a weldment float up or down in the air; detached from the weldment once launched even when the weldment itself is stationary/not in contact with anything. In my case I had welded together a huge aircraft carrier deck then attached some individual tweakscaled empty fuel tanks to its base to get it floating, but when I launch and the physics is unloaded all external non welded parts float off in the air? Here's some pics:

Edited by pingopete

Hi all,

Does anybody have experience welding a stock fairing part on top of a fuel tank?  When I do this the fairings appear out of the center of the overall welded part when I go to build them- functional but much to far away from the fairing part for my taste.

I'm not expecting UbiWelding to fix this, just wondering if there is anything I can edit in the welded part to move where the fairings emerge from the welded part so it looks right?  I have sublime and I'm not afraid to use it ;-)

Thanks.  Image and part code below.

Bryan

welded-fairing.jpg

PART
{
	name = tank-and-fairing
	module = Part
	author = UbioZurWeldingLtd
	rescaleFactor = 1
	PhysicsSignificance = -1
	node_stack_topfairingSize31 = 0, 4.04, 0, 0, 1, 0, 2
	node_stack_bottomSize3LargeTank0 = 0, -3.86, 0, 0, -1, 0, 3
	node_attach = 0, 0, -1.89, 0, 0, 1, 1
	fx_gasBurst_white = 0, 4.240001, -4.696847E-07, 0, 1, 0, deploy
	sound_vent_large = deploy
	CrewCapacity = 0
	CoLOffset = 0, 8.251, 0
	CoPOffset = 0, 2.026, 0
	TechRequired = highPerformanceFuelSystems
	entryCost = 55800
	cost = 13900
	category = Propulsion
	subcategory = 0
	title = tank-and-fairing
	manufacturer = UbioZur Welding Ltd
	description = Warranty void during re-entry.
	attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0,0,0
	mass = 11.53551
	dragModelType = default
	maximum_drag = 0.15
	minimum_drag = 0.175
	angularDrag = 1.5
	crashTolerance = 6.659
	breakingForce = 316.915
	breakingTorque = 316.915
	maxTemp = 2000
	fuelCrossFeed = True
	explosionPotential = 0.5
	thermalMassModifier = 1.5
	heatConductivity = 0.12
	emissiveConstant = 0.6
	radiatorHeadroom = 0.25
	bulkheadProfiles = size3
	MODEL
	{
		model = Squad/Parts/FuelTank/Size3Tanks/Size3LargeTank
		position = 0, -0.12, 0
		scale = 1, 1, 1
	}
	MODEL
	{
		model = Squad/Parts/Aero/fairings/fairingSize3
		position = 0, 3.82, 0
		scale = 1, 1, 1
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = LiquidFuel
		amount = 6480
		maxAmount = 6480
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Oxidizer
		amount = 7920
		maxAmount = 7920
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleProceduralFairing
		nSides = 64
		nArcs = 6
		TextureURL = Squad/Parts/Aero/fairings/fairings_diff
		panelGrouping = 3
		pivot = 0,0.17,0
		axis = 0,1,0
		baseRadius = 1.875
		maxRadius = 6
		capRadius = 0.375
		snapThreshold = 0.25
		xSectionHeightMin = 0.3
		xSectionHeightMax = 4
		edgeSlide = 0.15
		edgeWarp = 0.02
		noseTip = 0.5
		UnitAreaMass = 0.03
		UnitAreaCost = 18
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleCargoBay
		DeployModuleIndex = 0
		closedPosition = 0
		lookupRadius = 2.5
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleTestSubject
		useStaging = True
		useEvent = False
		situationMask = 127
		CONSTRAINT
		{
			type = ATMOSPHERE
			value = True
		}
		CONSTRAINT
		{
			type = REPEATABILITY
			value = ALWAYS
			prestige = Trivial
		}
		CONSTRAINT
		{
			type = REPEATABILITY
			value = BODYANDSITUATION
			prestige = Significant
		}
		CONSTRAINT
		{
			type = REPEATABILITY
			value = ONCEPERPART
			prestige = Exceptional
		}
		CONSTRAINT
		{
			type = ALTITUDE
			test = GT
			value = 0
			situationMask = 8
		}
		CONSTRAINT
		{
			type = ALTITUDEENV
			test = GT
			value = 4000
			prestige = Trivial
		}
		CONSTRAINT
		{
			type = ALTITUDEENV
			test = LT
			value = 8000
			prestige = Trivial
		}
		CONSTRAINT
		{
			type = ALTITUDEENV
			test = GT
			value = 2000
			prestige = Significant
		}
		CONSTRAINT
		{
			type = ALTITUDEENV
			test = LT
			value = 4000
			prestige = Significant
		}
		CONSTRAINT
		{
			type = ALTITUDEENV
			test = GT
			value = 1000
			prestige = Exceptional
		}
		CONSTRAINT
		{
			type = ALTITUDEENV
			test = LT
			value = 2000
			prestige = Exceptional
		}
		CONSTRAINT
		{
			type = SPEED
			test = LT
			value = 2000
			situationMask = 8
		}
		CONSTRAINT
		{
			type = ALTITUDE
			test = LT
			value = 300000
			situationMask = 16
			body = _NotSun
		}
		CONSTRAINT
		{
			type = ALTITUDE
			test = LT
			value = 600000
			situationMask = 32
			body = _NotSun
		}
	}
}

Edited by bmyers831

On 12/03/2016 at 7:25 PM, pingopete said:

In my case I had welded together a huge aircraft carrier deck then attached some individual tweakscaled empty fuel tanks to its base to get it floating, but when I launch and the physics is unloaded all external non welded parts float off in the air?

I'm not familiar with those parts, what part modules do they use? Whenever I've had parts just float away it was because I was getting too audacious with part modules.

13 hours ago, Bluebottle said:

I'm not familiar with those parts, what part modules do they use? Whenever I've had parts just float away it was because I was getting too audacious with part modules.

It seemed to be happening with anything I welded, however I will test this more thoroughly. Tbf the parts from that mod are kinda dodgy the pre-assembled ships have a ton of modules and seem to just explode on launch pad regardless :/ The parts I was using though were only the runway sections, the only module looking thing I could see in them was a WaveFX: Disabled ?

On Friday, March 11, 2016 at 11:46 AM, bmyers831 said:

Hi all,

Does anybody have experience welding a stock fairing part on top of a fuel tank?  When I do this the fairings appear out of the center of the overall welded part when I go to build them- functional but much to far away from the fairing part for my taste.

I'm not expecting UbiWelding to fix this, just wondering if there is anything I can edit in the welded part to move where the fairings emerge from the welded part so it looks right?  I have sublime and I'm not afraid to use it ;-)

Thanks.  Image and part code below.

Bryan

welded-fairing.jpg

PART
{
	name = tank-and-fairing
	module = Part
	author = UbioZurWeldingLtd
	rescaleFactor = 1
	PhysicsSignificance = -1
	node_stack_topfairingSize31 = 0, 4.04, 0, 0, 1, 0, 2
	node_stack_bottomSize3LargeTank0 = 0, -3.86, 0, 0, -1, 0, 3
	node_attach = 0, 0, -1.89, 0, 0, 1, 1
	fx_gasBurst_white = 0, 4.240001, -4.696847E-07, 0, 1, 0, deploy
	sound_vent_large = deploy
	CrewCapacity = 0
	CoLOffset = 0, 8.251, 0
	CoPOffset = 0, 2.026, 0
	TechRequired = highPerformanceFuelSystems
	entryCost = 55800
	cost = 13900
	category = Propulsion
	subcategory = 0
	title = tank-and-fairing
	manufacturer = UbioZur Welding Ltd
	description = Warranty void during re-entry.
	attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0,0,0
	mass = 11.53551
	dragModelType = default
	maximum_drag = 0.15
	minimum_drag = 0.175
	angularDrag = 1.5
	crashTolerance = 6.659
	breakingForce = 316.915
	breakingTorque = 316.915
	maxTemp = 2000
	fuelCrossFeed = True
	explosionPotential = 0.5
	thermalMassModifier = 1.5
	heatConductivity = 0.12
	emissiveConstant = 0.6
	radiatorHeadroom = 0.25
	bulkheadProfiles = size3
	MODEL
	{
		model = Squad/Parts/FuelTank/Size3Tanks/Size3LargeTank
		position = 0, -0.12, 0
		scale = 1, 1, 1
	}
	MODEL
	{
		model = Squad/Parts/Aero/fairings/fairingSize3
		position = 0, 3.82, 0
		scale = 1, 1, 1
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = LiquidFuel
		amount = 6480
		maxAmount = 6480
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Oxidizer
		amount = 7920
		maxAmount = 7920
	}
	MODULE
	{
		nSides = 64
		nArcs = 6
		TextureURL = Squad/Parts/Aero/fairings/fairings_diff
		panelGrouping = 3
		pivot = 0,0.17,0
		axis = 0,1,0
		baseRadius = 1.875
		maxRadius = 6
		capRadius = 0.375
		snapThreshold = 0.25
		xSectionHeightMin = 0.3
		xSectionHeightMax = 4
		edgeSlide = 0.15
		edgeWarp = 0.02
		noseTip = 0.5
		UnitAreaMass = 0.03
		UnitAreaCost = 18
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleCargoBay
		DeployModuleIndex = 0
		closedPosition = 0
		lookupRadius = 2.5
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleTestSubject
		useStaging = True
		useEvent = False
		situationMask = 127
		CONSTRAINT
		{
			type = ATMOSPHERE
			value = True
		}
		CONSTRAINT
		{
			type = REPEATABILITY
			value = ALWAYS
			prestige = Trivial
		}
		CONSTRAINT
		{
			type = REPEATABILITY
			value = BODYANDSITUATION
			prestige = Significant
		}
		CONSTRAINT
		{
			type = REPEATABILITY
			value = ONCEPERPART
			prestige = Exceptional
		}
		CONSTRAINT
		{
			type = ALTITUDE
			test = GT
			value = 0
			situationMask = 8
		}
		CONSTRAINT
		{
			type = ALTITUDEENV
			test = GT
			value = 4000
			prestige = Trivial
		}
		CONSTRAINT
		{
			type = ALTITUDEENV
			test = LT
			value = 8000
			prestige = Trivial
		}
		CONSTRAINT
		{
			type = ALTITUDEENV
			test = GT
			value = 2000
			prestige = Significant
		}
		CONSTRAINT
		{
			type = ALTITUDEENV
			test = LT
			value = 4000
			prestige = Significant
		}
		CONSTRAINT
		{
			type = ALTITUDEENV
			test = GT
			value = 1000
			prestige = Exceptional
		}
		CONSTRAINT
		{
			type = ALTITUDEENV
			test = LT
			value = 2000
			prestige = Exceptional
		}
		CONSTRAINT
		{
			type = SPEED
			test = LT
			value = 2000
			situationMask = 8
		}
		CONSTRAINT
		{
			type = ALTITUDE
			test = LT
			value = 300000
			situationMask = 16
			body = _NotSun
		}
		CONSTRAINT
		{
			type = ALTITUDE
			test = LT
			value = 600000
			situationMask = 32
			body = _NotSun
		}
	}
}

This is because the stock fairing module expects the fairing to start at y = 0;  I believe there -is- a parameter in the fairing module that will allow you to specify the start-point of the fairing...one sec...

Ahh, yes.

You need to specify, in the fairing-module, a 'pivot' vector -- this should be the origin point of the fairing (should be about right with the position I've posted below...but you might need to fine-tune that position bit).

MODULE
{
    pivot = 0, 3.86, 0 
    ...... all the other bits that are already there
}

For reference:  You don't even need to weld the fairing part into the tank part.  You could just copy the tanks config file and add the fairing module with the proper parameters;  you'd lose the fairing-base geometry...but I've always thought it looked silly anyway.

Edited by Shadowmage

11 hours ago, pingopete said:

It seemed to be happening with anything I welded, however I will test this more thoroughly. Tbf the parts from that mod are kinda dodgy the pre-assembled ships have a ton of modules and seem to just explode on launch pad regardless :/ The parts I was using though were only the runway sections, the only module looking thing I could see in them was a WaveFX: Disabled ?

You could try editing the welded part cfg and just removing everything apart from resources. And just to be sure, what are you using as your root part? I remember the nose cone floating off a spaceplane because I had reassigned some landing gear non-physics part as the root part (!). Happens to the best of us, even the Manley himself.

4 hours ago, Shadowmage said:

This is because the stock fairing module expects the fairing to start at y = 0;  I believe there -is- a parameter in the fairing module that will allow you to specify the start-point of the fairing...one sec...

Ahh, yes.

You need to specify, in the fairing-module, a 'pivot' vector -- this should be the origin point of the fairing (should be about right with the position I've posted below...but you might need to fine-tune that position bit).

MODULE
{
    pivot = 0, 3.86, 0 
    ...... all the other bits that are already there
}

For reference:  You don't even need to weld the fairing part into the tank part.  You could just copy the tanks config file and add the fairing module with the proper parameters;  you'd lose the fairing-base geometry...but I've always thought it looked silly anyway.

That's awesome about the pivot parameter. Do you know of any other modules with similar tweaks available?

Edited by Bluebottle
not landing gear

17 hours ago, Bluebottle said:

That's awesome about the pivot parameter. Do you know of any other modules with similar tweaks available?

There are tons of undocumented module parameters; many only needed for specific setups, others that I have no idea what they do/are for.

Would need to know a specific module you are interested in.

Source -- Visual studio class definitions -- highlight a module stock class, hit F12 (go-to-definition), and it'll tell you all of the public fields (those notated with a KSPField parameter are the ones you can adjust through config).  MonoDevelop has a similar function, though I don't remember what it is off the top of my head.

Does anyone know if there's a way to look at welded parts 3d rendered outside of the game? I keep having to reload the game to see if welded parts are working how I intend them to as certain pieces end up getting turned the wrong way sometimes. I'd like to check and see if the weld worked right instead of having to reload the game to check (as it takes a while due to mods.\).

ive got a werid one... ive used this mod alot but never had thi. i am making a halp pelican and attempting to weld the body, the wings and the rear engine pods but the body is presenting some dificulty. all the parts are positioned correctly but it buggs oyut on loading... it spins randomly blows up the launchgpad and sometimes breads the speed of light exiting the system... any ideas how to fix? ive attempted to remover al massless parts... it is only 355 parts

On 18/03/2016 at 5:52 AM, amankd said:

ive got a werid one... ive used this mod alot but never had thi. i am making a halp pelican and attempting to weld the body, the wings and the rear engine pods but the body is presenting some dificulty. all the parts are positioned correctly but it buggs oyut on loading... it spins randomly blows up the launchgpad and sometimes breads the speed of light exiting the system... any ideas how to fix? ive attempted to remover al massless parts... it is only 355 parts

Are you using any parts that aren't plain structural parts (e.g. stock wings)?

I tried welding some parts from SpaceY Lifters but it didn't work. The WeldedMeshSwitch had the wrong models in the list, so I fixed them by hand. I loaded the model in Blender to see what I was dealing with, and it looked like this:

nL2ULFk.png

So I changed the 'objects=' line to collider,tank5mXCaps,tank5mXCapsPipes,xPaintSchemes/tank5mBlue and that seemed to fix the LOG file:

[LOG 20:23:59.312] [WeldingTool]  [WeldedMeshSwitch] added Transform = SpaceY-Lifters/Parts/FuelTanks/SYtank5mL0375(Clone) from index 1  to list
[LOG 20:23:59.312] [WeldingTool]  [WeldedMeshSwitch] added find Transformcollider to list
[LOG 20:23:59.313] [WeldingTool]  [WeldedMeshSwitch] added find Transformtank5mXCaps to list
[LOG 20:23:59.313] [WeldingTool]  [WeldedMeshSwitch] added find Transformtank5mXCapsPipes to list
[LOG 20:23:59.314] [WeldingTool]  [WeldedMeshSwitch] added find TransformxPaintSchemes/tank5mBlue to list

But the model tank5mBlue model is still not being activated. I don't totally know if it's even supposed to be activated with the way I declared it. I looked at the code and it looks like it should:

t.gameObject.SetActive(true);

So... anyone have a thought on I where I'm going wrong?

12 hours ago, Felbourn said:

I got it to work but I am not sure how. I made too many changes at once before a restart and now I can't tell which change was the one that fixed it.

It would be great if you could figure it out. I had Z-fighting with the textures and fixed it, but don't know how I did it :confused:

I find that disabling the top and bottom shrouds from the SpaceY tanks before welding seems to help.