[1.4.*] [2.5.3] (2018-04-06) UbioZur Welding Ltd. Continued

girka2k

On 10.9.2016 at 7:53 AM, jmbailey2000 said:

So two things.......I cannot get welding to work/activate if the Cryogenic Tanks mod by Nertea is loaded. The Cryogenic Engines with the LFO patch don't cause an issue, but the Tanks do. Anyone else seen this behavior?

And does anyone get really cool LSD psychedelic colored fuel tanks if the tanks have multiple meshes? Doesn't appear to effect the welding or the operation of the craft, just the visual characteristics of the object. All the tanks and caps were all the same dark grey color just like the center tank before welding.

RH1RjpU.jpg

a few weeks ago i had the same problem, with parts from Fuel Tanks Plus, after i switch the modulemanager.dll to a older version the error go away.

On 9/10/2016 at 9:53 PM, Jacke said:

Parts overlaying can happen even without explicit clipping; happens when attaching parts.  Usually it's when the adapter parts are used; another common case is with multiple subassemblies are attached.  Easiest way to identify it if you're not sure is to check the numbers.  All the parts, even multiple ones overlaying each other, will be summed up.  So resources and masses will be too high.

Here's just a simple stack. Does the same thing. Thumbnail shows as correct, but when loaded in VAB for use.........

4DCusjv.jpg

Do I understand correctly that this mod allows to circumvent the game's limitation of 'only one parent' - no real loops possible, things like boxes, ring stations, triple sections enclosed by tricouplers from both sides etc? (the gap will still exist, but have no influence on mechanics)?

For example, this subassembly, when welded won't be coming apart like shown below?

EMvUcKc.png

NDKwnJM.png

On 2016/9/15 at 1:53 AM, Sharpy said:

Do I understand correctly that this mod allows to circumvent the game's limitation of 'only one parent' - no real loops possible, things like boxes, ring stations, triple sections enclosed by tricouplers from both sides etc? (the gap will still exist, but have no influence on mechanics)?

For example, this subassembly, when welded won't be coming apart like shown below?

EMvUcKc.png

NDKwnJM.png

exactly as u understood

So, here's another crazy one and this one has been biting me in the butt for a while and didn't realize what it really was. So, I had this station I had created and welded together. Worked great, HE is into orbit. Was flying a craft to rendezvous with it (actually MJ was doing all the flying) and as it approached the station, the station just disappeared. I was a little awestruck in that I had never seen a ship just completely vanish. Well, go through the motions again and boom. Same thing. Well, that's odd. So I went back to one of my known good, working stations that was welded. Re-welded it under 1.1.3 and 1.1.2 and tested it out. Worked just fine, no matter what I threw at it. So I went back to the new station and boom, vanished again, only this time I saw it explode. Huh? So trying again, I watched as MechJeb made its maneuvers and as the ship approached the station it reached the 2.2k-2.3k distance where apparently it loads the ship physics for the station. I get a huge pause (maybe 30-90 seconds which has been happening a lot with my large welded ships) and BOOM!!!! Explosion and nada. No station. Well, when it happened, I just caught glimpse of a message on the screen that said Overheating - shutting down. So repeat once again and BOOM!! Overheat - kablooey!!! So turned off Max Temp in the Alt-F12 menu and was then able to approach the station and this is what I see:

Q1rhzCc.jpg

I have noticed on occasion (regardless of size) some welded ships will have the overheat bars but nothing more then about 50%. This is the first time I've had this happen and it is pretty consistent,

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, any idea what causes the overheating? I cannot find anything searching the forum that relates to this and welded ships.

Thanks!

15 hours ago, Alewx said:

If it only contains stock parts, please provide the part, pre and post weldling.

Well, I stripped out a bunch of unused mods and started prepping and when I tested it with the new install, it doesn't seem to happen. I think I'm going to run a few more tests before sending something. Hopefully it will be a "hey I found a mod not playing nice" instead of a bug.

1 hour ago, jmbailey2000 said:

Well, I stripped out a bunch of unused mods and started prepping and when I tested it with the new install, it doesn't seem to happen. I think I'm going to run a few more tests before sending something. Hopefully it will be a "hey I found a mod not playing nice" instead of a bug.

I guess it will be more like a part with not properly defined heating values that is confusing the rest of them.

On 9/20/2016 at 2:52 AM, Alewx said:

I guess it will be more like a part with not properly defined heating values that is confusing the rest of them.

Alex,

Well, I'm having no luck pinning down the issue. It doesn't seem to be a part related issue since I can have it happen right away or barely at all. Maybe it is a memory issue or something. But, I figured I would see if I could turn off heat all together. While researching, I found where turning on the heat/thermal info in the action menus (via Alt-F12) displays seven pieces of info. Except, for a welded part, I'm seeing a LOT more info and the one item that appears to be causing the issue is called CORE->PART. This number skyrockets to massive numbers even when just using the time warp (and stays if I move to another ship and then back, not resetting to 0 which is probably what is causing the explosiveness from heat). When I'm not having issues, the value is 0 and stays at 0 even during time warp. The values circled in the pic below never show up in ships that have no welding to them. Any ideas where they are coming from and what the CORE->PART is and why it increments exponentially when in time warp? I'm going to start messing with smaller welded pieces to see if it is a size issue.

Spoiler

aDjQrbm.jpg

Edited by jmbailey2000

On ‎24‎.‎09‎.‎2016 at 0:30 AM, jmbailey2000 said:

Alex,

Well, I'm having no luck pinning down the issue. It doesn't seem to be a part related issue since I can have it happen right away or barely at all. Maybe it is a memory issue or something. But, I figured I would see if I could turn off heat all together. While researching, I found where turning on the heat/thermal info in the action menus (via Alt-F12) displays seven pieces of info. Except, for a welded part, I'm seeing a LOT more info and the one item that appears to be causing the issue is called CORE->PART. This number skyrockets to massive numbers even when just using the time warp (and stays if I move to another ship and then back, not resetting to 0 which is probably what is causing the explosiveness from heat). When I'm not having issues, the value is 0 and stays at 0 even during time warp. The values circled in the pic below never show up in ships that have no welding to them. Any ideas where they are coming from and what the CORE->PART is and why it increments exponentially when in time warp? I'm going to start messing with smaller welded pieces to see if it is a size issue.

Reveal hidden contents

aDjQrbm.jpg

Thanks for the info and the research, but still for finding the location of the problem I need a file with the parts pre and post weldment.
Otherwise it leads to pure guessing, and that is not sure to lead to the correct origin.

On ‎23‎.‎09‎.‎2016 at 4:55 PM, Soundwave__007 said:

Is there a solution for this bug that causes wrong positions and rotations after welding? I had this really annoying and modbreaking bug since i installed this mod for the first time a few years ago.

I am using KSP 1.2.0.1523Pre and UbioWeldContinued-2.3.3

Reveal hidden contents

e9ed26854e.jpg

Did you weld the wing, while it was part of the plane or was it a dedicated craft?

Hi guys, I have always wanted to try this mod, and I finally have a reason to.   Unfortunately it seems I will run into one (or more) of the limitations that might prevent me from doing this.  

I often make a 2-kerbal lander can by placing 2x Mk1 lander cans inline, than offsetting them so they look like this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=456678876

From what I read on the OP, this vessel will only have a hatch at the CoM, and the 2 visual hatches will not work. 

In your opinion, is creating this as a solid part with this mod something I should bother learning how to do? I could certainly pretend that they kerbals are climbing the ladder to enter one of the 2 (visual) hatcheson either side of them, if the functional hatch was simply invisible and between the visual ones. 

@Soundwave__007
Ok you are using 1.2 so bugs are to be expected, but what does F3 tell you about this? I believe that it is most likely just that the joint is not strong enough to keep the wings attached so you will need spacetape^^

1 hour ago, klesh said:

Hi guys, I have always wanted to try this mod, and I finally have a reason to.   Unfortunately it seems I will run into one (or more) of the limitations that might prevent me from doing this.  

I often make a 2-kerbal lander can by placing 2x Mk1 lander cans inline, than offsetting them so they look like this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=456678876

From what I read on the OP, this vessel will only have a hatch at the CoM, and the 2 visual hatches will not work. 

In your opinion, is creating this as a solid part with this mod something I should bother learning how to do? I could certainly pretend that they kerbals are climbing the ladder to enter one of the 2 (visual) hatcheson either side of them, if the functional hatch was simply invisible and between the visual ones. 

@klesh
Did you simply try it?
Hatches are a possible problem, but since this will be a new part after welding, it is possible to find a solution for it.
I didn't weld many crafts in the last weeks so  better try it and report back so that I can help.

Edited by Alewx

16 hours ago, Alewx said:

Did you simply try it?
Hatches are a possible problem, but since this will be a new part after welding, it is possible to find a solution for it.
I didn't weld many crafts in the last weeks so  better try it and report back so that I can help.

No I didnt.  I figured I'd ask and see if someone knew it was a. Lost cause right off the bat. I'l try it out and see what happens and report back, thanks for your help!

@Alewx

The F3 menu shows only the stuff after the wings crashed on the runway.

Spacetape will just disapear, i tried that already.

I will try to attach the wing with a attachmentpoint to the mainbody. maybe it works, if not i activate unbreakable joints for testing.

Spoiler

d3965df605.jpg

Edited by Soundwave__007
MOAR SPACETAPE!!!