[1.4.*] [2.5.3] (2018-04-06) UbioZur Welding Ltd. Continued

girka2k

2 hours ago, Alewx said:

isn't it quite outdated for KSP 1.2.1, the new UI does no longer jiggle around or did I miss something?

Yes, well spotted. Unfortunately, removing it doesn't help.

3 hours ago, Alewx said:

I'm a bit worried because your other weldment of just 3 different tanks does throw the same exception but with completely different parts.

Thanks for craft, I hope I can find a quick solution.

Yes, but two stock Rockomax tanks are fine. It's very weird: I have been able to weld huge station sections. Let me know if you want me to test anything. :)

48 minutes ago, Bluebottle said:

Yes, well spotted. Unfortunately, removing it doesn't help.

Yes, but two stock Rockomax tanks are fine. It's very weird: I have been able to weld huge station sections. Let me know if you want me to test anything. :)

Ok so when you weld 4 tanks it is working again?

17 hours ago, Alewx said:

Ok so when you weld 4 tanks it is working again?

It was (v2.4.3), yes. With the three-tank craft, even just swapping the AIES tank for a Rockomax one made it work.

10 hours ago, Alewx said:

Update to UbioWeld Continued 2.4.4

• Fixed a NPE with certain parts

Download version 2.4.4 for KSP 1.2.1

Excellent, now I can't break it any more! Thank you! :D What was the fix?

Edit: I see, a modelTransform.childCount that was 0 when you expected it to be at least 1. B9 Partswitch?

Edited by Bluebottle

5 hours ago, Bluebottle said:

Excellent, now I can't break it any more! Thank you! :D What was the fix?

Edit: I see, a modelTransform.childCount that was 0 when you expected it to be at least 1. B9 Partswitch?

yep, was expecting there to be more child transforms, but now it is safe.

On ‎16‎.‎11‎.‎2016 at 6:37 PM, Moggiog said:

I can't get it to work. I open the welding window, press the "weld it" button, and the game freezes for a few seconds. Then it stops freezing, and nothing has happened. There's no Parts folder in the UbioWeldingLTD folder either.

So also for you and for future in the OP the simple rules to get support for Welding issues.

-What KSP Version is used
-What Welding Version is used
-Which Mods are installed
-Preweldment craftfile
-KSP.Log

These are the basic requirements that are necessary for any support of the issues that are happening.
I can not magically guess what is going wrong with all the crazy stuff you guys are building in game.

On ‎19‎.‎11‎.‎2016 at 0:47 PM, COL.R.Neville said:

not sure but moggiog maybe a pakled hehe. 

It is just that he does not provide any Information that would make it even slightly possible to find out what was going wrong there.

Hey guys, I've just tried using this mod and I don't seem to be having any luck. When I click weld, it tells me it's been 'shipped', but no new parts seem to be added to the menu.

Am I doing something wrong or am I running into a bug?

KSP version: 1.2.1
Welding Version: 2.4.4
Vanilla
I was attempting to weld I-beams together, but also tested with fuel tanks and wings with no luck.

Edited by Pizzanaut

14 minutes ago, Pizzanaut said:

Hey guys, I've just tried using this mod and I don't seem to be having any luck. When I click weld, it tells me it's been 'shipped', but no new parts seem to be added to the menu.

Vanilla
I was attempting to weld I-beams together, but also tested with fuel tanks and wings with no luck.

You have to reload the database either by exiting to the Space Center screen, and hitting Alt-F11 (IF you have Module Manager loaded) and then select Reload Database....or, exit KSP all together and re-run so all the new parts get loaded.

1 hour ago, Pizzanaut said:

Vanilla

@jmbailey2000 just explained it perfectly.

Welcome to the Forums.

1 hour ago, jmbailey2000 said:

You have to reload the database either by exiting to the Space Center screen, and hitting Alt-F11 (IF you have Module Manager loaded) and then select Reload Database....or, exit KSP all together and re-run so all the new parts get loaded.

In that case it's working perfectly :D thank you!

On 9/19/2016 at 1:06 AM, jmbailey2000 said:

So, here's another crazy one and this one has been biting me in the butt for a while and didn't realize what it really was. So, I had this station I had created and welded together. Worked great, HE is into orbit. Was flying a craft to rendezvous with it (actually MJ was doing all the flying) and as it approached the station, the station just disappeared. I was a little awestruck in that I had never seen a ship just completely vanish. Well, go through the motions again and boom. Same thing. Well, that's odd. So I went back to one of my known good, working stations that was welded. Re-welded it under 1.1.3 and 1.1.2 and tested it out. Worked just fine, no matter what I threw at it. So I went back to the new station and boom, vanished again, only this time I saw it explode. Huh? So trying again, I watched as MechJeb made its maneuvers and as the ship approached the station it reached the 2.2k-2.3k distance where apparently it loads the ship physics for the station. I get a huge pause (maybe 30-90 seconds which has been happening a lot with my large welded ships) and BOOM!!!! Explosion and nada. No station. Well, when it happened, I just caught glimpse of a message on the screen that said Overheating - shutting down. So repeat once again and BOOM!! Overheat - kablooey!!! So turned off Max Temp in the Alt-F12 menu and was then able to approach the station and this is what I see:

Q1rhzCc.jpg

I have noticed on occasion (regardless of size) some welded ships will have the overheat bars but nothing more then about 50%. This is the first time I've had this happen and it is pretty consistent,

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, any idea what causes the overheating? I cannot find anything searching the forum that relates to this and welded ships.

Thanks!

Well, I THINK I finally figured it out. Was having a similar issue after I converted everything to KSP 1.2.1. Well, it appears to be the stock RTG causing the overheats. The main overheat issue I was experieincing disappeared with 1.2.1 but then if you warped to 1000x or 10000x, the ship would blow up. I finally narrowed it down to the RTGs. If I remove the RTG (which have become standard on all my ships), then everytning is fine and all my welded stations and other ships work just fine. What I have found is that if I have 2 or less RTGs, no issues. But if I have 3 or more, overheating starts impacting the ship, regardless of size. I've had success with 3 and 4 RTGs where the overheat bar comes up but the ship doesn't explode, but not always. I have put the mods (very basic) and the same ships and welded parts in a file if you wish to take a look. Whew....at least I can move forward knowing what the cause was....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/upq2hndshh2nz35/RTGOverheat.zip?dl=0

10 hours ago, jmbailey2000 said:

Well, I THINK I finally figured it out. Was having a similar issue after I converted everything to KSP 1.2.1. Well, it appears to be the stock RTG causing the overheats. The main overheat issue I was experieincing disappeared with 1.2.1 but then if you warped to 1000x or 10000x, the ship would blow up. I finally narrowed it down to the RTGs. If I remove the RTG (which have become standard on all my ships), then everytning is fine and all my welded stations and other ships work just fine. What I have found is that if I have 2 or less RTGs, no issues. But if I have 3 or more, overheating starts impacting the ship, regardless of size. I've had success with 3 and 4 RTGs where the overheat bar comes up but the ship doesn't explode, but not always. I have put the mods (very basic) and the same ships and welded parts in a file if you wish to take a look. Whew....at least I can move forward knowing what the cause was....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/upq2hndshh2nz35/RTGOverheat.zip?dl=0

Your problem is just based on the ModuleCoreHeat and its values, they get summed up and not processed as average, that is why you get an overheating.
If you add the values into the attributes config for average it should work.

20 hours ago, Alewx said:

Your problem is just based on the ModuleCoreHeat and its values, they get summed up and not processed as average, that is why you get an overheating.
If you add the values into the attributes config for average it should work.

Alewx,

So, I tried your suggestion (just tried CoreTempGoal like this <ModuleAttribute AttributeName="ModuleCoreHeat_CoreTempGoal" />) and nothing changed. Do all the items have to be entered in the config? I'm guessing so? And I'm also guessing I could ignore the PassiveEnergy?

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleCoreHeat
        CoreTempGoal = 350            //Internal temp goal - we don't transfer till we hit this point
        CoreToPartRatio = 0.1            //Scale back cooling if the part is this % of core temp
        CoreTempGoalAdjustment = 0        //Dynamic goal adjustment
        CoreEnergyMultiplier = 0.01        //What percentage of our core energy do we transfer to the part
        HeatRadiantMultiplier = 0.01        //If the core is hotter, how much heat radiates?
        CoolingRadiantMultiplier = 0        //If the core is colder, how much radiates?
        HeatTransferMultiplier = 0        //If the part is hotter, how much heat transfers in?
        CoolantTransferMultiplier = 0        //If the part is colder, how much of our energy can we transfer?
        radiatorCoolingFactor = 0        //How much energy we pull from core with an active radiator?  >= 1
        radiatorHeatingFactor = 0        //How much energy we push to the active radiator
        MaxCalculationWarp = 1000        //Based on how dramatic the changes are, this is the max rate of change
        CoreShutdownTemp = 10000        //At what core temperature do we shut down all generators on this part?
        MaxCoolant = 0                //Maximum amount of radiator capacity we can consume - 2500 = 1 small
        PassiveEnergy
        {
            key = 0     25000
            key = 200     10000
            key = 250     50        
            key = 300    25
            key = 350    0
        }
    }    

i havent really had any luck with these control panel reactors inside a weld. the only time i did i had to rewrite the whole thing

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleCoreHeat
        CoreTempGoal = 1000                    //Internal temp goal - we don't transfer till we hit this point
        CoreToPartRatio = 0.1                //Scale back cooling if the part is this % of core temp
        CoreTempGoalAdjustment = 0            //Dynamic goal adjustment
        CoreEnergyMultiplier = 0.1            //What percentage of our core energy do we transfer to the part
        HeatRadiantMultiplier = 0.05        //If the core is hotter, how much heat radiates?
        HeatTransferMultiplier = 0            //If the part is hotter, how much heat transfers in?
        CoolantTransferMultiplier = 0.01    //If the part is colder, how much of our energy can we transfer?
        radiatorCoolingFactor = 1            //How much energy we pull from core with an active radiator?  >= 1
        radiatorHeatingFactor = 0.01        //How much energy we push to the active radiator
        MaxCalculationWarp = 1000            //Based on how dramatic the changes are, this is the max rate of change
        CoreShutdownTemp = 4000                //At what core temperature do we shut down all generators on this part?
        MaxCoolant = 1600                    //Maximum amount of radiator capacity we can consume - 50 = 1 small
    }    

try this may work may not. 

what i try to do now is weld together as much as I can and just put the reactor in/on as a separate part. 

cuz think about it you basically just turned that whole thing into a reactor from the dll point of view right? 

9 hours ago, jmbailey2000 said:

Alewx,

So, I tried your suggestion (just tried CoreTempGoal like this <ModuleAttribute AttributeName="ModuleCoreHeat_CoreTempGoal" />) and nothing changed. Do all the items have to be entered in the config? I'm guessing so? And I'm also guessing I could ignore the PassiveEnergy?

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleCoreHeat
        CoreTempGoal = 350            //Internal temp goal - we don't transfer till we hit this point
        CoreToPartRatio = 0.1            //Scale back cooling if the part is this % of core temp
        CoreTempGoalAdjustment = 0        //Dynamic goal adjustment
        CoreEnergyMultiplier = 0.01        //What percentage of our core energy do we transfer to the part
        HeatRadiantMultiplier = 0.01        //If the core is hotter, how much heat radiates?
        HeatTransferMultiplier = 0        //If the part is hotter, how much heat transfers in?
        CoolantTransferMultiplier = 0        //If the part is colder, how much of our energy can we transfer?
        radiatorCoolingFactor = 0        //How much energy we pull from core with an active radiator?  >= 1
        radiatorHeatingFactor = 0        //How much energy we push to the active radiator
        MaxCalculationWarp = 1000        //Based on how dramatic the changes are, this is the max rate of change
        CoreShutdownTemp = 10000        //At what core temperature do we shut down all generators on this part?
        MaxCoolant = 0                //Maximum amount of radiator capacity we can consume - 2500 = 1 small
        PassiveEnergy
        {
            key = 0     25000
            key = 200     10000
            key = 250     50        
            key = 300    25
            key = 350    0
        }
    }    

Is the forum finally working again....

you should be able to add them all into the right section:

<AveragedModuleAttributes>
    <ModuleAttribute AttributeName="ModuleCoreHeat_CoreTempGoal" />
    <ModuleAttribute AttributeName="ModuleCoreHeat_CoreToPartRatio" />
    <ModuleAttribute AttributeName="ModuleCoreHeat_CoreTempGoalAdjustment" />
<AveragedModuleAttributes>

About the PassiveEnergy, not so sure because it is vector based, could try, but that might end up horribly.

More suggestions for moduleAttributeList.xml:

I don't think torqueResponseSpeed attribute should be summed (e.g. when you have multiple reaction wheels).  I expect whether you have ten reaction wheels or one, they all respond at the same speed.  Should probably just pick the biggest (unless there's a more complicated option for weighted average).

I don't think fillAmount attribute should be summed when you have multiple fuel cells or fuel cell arrays.  I believe it's a percent, and should stay at whatever it was in preweld (e.g. just pick any one).

Guest Space Cowboy

Checked in here a year ago and ran it with my Millenium Falcon. At that time, for some reason, we had lost the massive increase in frame rate, inherent in the early version of Weld-It. Has this trend changed? Has there been an improvement in the mod such that we are now getting drastic framerate improvememtns again? I am considering a rebuild of the model. Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Checked in here a year ago and ran it with my Millenium Falcon. At that time, for some reason, we had lost the massive increase in frame rate, inherent in the early version of Weld-It. Has this trend changed? Has there been an improvement in the mod such that we are now getting drastic framerate improvememtns again? I am considering a rebuild of the model. Thank you.

I don't think that would have anything to do with the mod... all welding does is reduce part count, which leads to a frame rate increase in some cases because fewer parts means fewer physics calculations and less strain on the cpu, nothing the mod does is going to change that. Now with the updates to the game engine KSP performance has increased so you may see less of a benefit from reducing part count as you did previously, but aside from that nothing is changed.

Guest Space Cowboy
5 minutes ago, Akira_R said:

I don't think that would have anything to do with the mod... all welding does is reduce part count, which leads to a frame rate increase in some cases because fewer parts means fewer physics calculations and less strain on the cpu, nothing the mod does is going to change that. Now with the updates to the game engine KSP performance has increased so you may see less of a benefit from reducing part count as you did previously, but aside from that nothing is changed.

No